“Great Location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Perth, Australia
“Great Location”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Stayed at the Citadines Prestige between Xmas and New Year 2011. This is our third stay but our first with two young children. Contrary to some reviews I have read, our experience with the apartments and the staff in South Kensington were superb. Our stay was four weeks into a six week European tour and I can only say that the size, cleanliness and fixtures and fittings in our room were exemplary by European standards. Obviously the greatest attraction to the apartments is their location with the tube, museums and amazing shopping within walking distance. Would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Lesley O
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
India
Reviewed 17 December 2011

We stayed a whole week at this location in a v.nice duplex room. Its very well done up and all the equipment in the kitchen was good quality with a manual explaining everything. The cleaners turned up everyday, the rooms were always clean. The only problem I had was the truly poor mattress quality. My side of the bed had me sinking a full 3-4 inches below my husband's side and they couldn't help me with another mattress but did provide me with set of quilts on which ended up sleeping. I do have a back problem so this whole thing was hugely inconvenient.
Otherwise of course its in a fantastic location and there's some nice dining options a short walk away plus two nice sized supermarkets where you can pick up stuff if you don't feel like a meal outside. The staff was pretty helpful, though during my stay I noticed at least 2 sets of people checking out having arguments with the staff at the reception desk. I can't conclude anything from that really as we had no problems at all.
Would I stay there again, maybe, for a few days if I book very much ahead because it is very expensive in season and with the whole thing around the mattress there was a negative experience for me.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank herb11
Oxford
Reviewed 16 December 2011

We stayed 1 night in a one bed apartment. 2 adults and 2 chuldren. Hotel is centrally located close to tube and lots of local restuarants, bars and shops. Apartment was perfect for us, compact kitchen, lounge area with sofa bed, tv, table etc and then small bathroom with bedroom upstairs. Very quiet, Clean and nicely presented. Will definitely consider using again.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Trombone99Oxford
Arlington, MA
Reviewed 29 November 2011

This 1 bed apartment consists of two small boxes stacked on top of each other. The first floor has a small kitchen and living/dining room. The second floor is actually a loft with a bedroom and bathroom. My family (two adults and two boys ages 7 and 9) stayed for two nights. The boys slept on the fold out couch, which when opened, took up the entire living space.

While the apartment was tiny, you can't beat the location. In the heart of South Kensington on Gloucester Road, the area is close to attractions, grocery stores, restaurants and about 5 mins to the tube.

A good place to stay for a few days, but would probably feel clausterphobic if you stayed more than five days.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Jennifer35
Miami
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We booked a premier studio. If you look at the pictures in the website, you will see a sofa. It did not exist. When I asked I was told only exceutive studios had sofas: NOT according to the website pics. The tiny room had neither shelves nor drawers to be able to unpack. Lived 4 days out of our suitcases. The tiny narrow closet had an ironing board, so I opened it and used it as a shelf for my shirts. What made us decide to stay is the location, but cannot recommend it at all. As soon as I can I will download my pics that show what I am talking about.

Room Tip: Do ask to see the room before you accept the keys. Print and take pics from the website, and ask to...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Ed D
citadinessk, General Manager at Citadines South Kensington, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Thank you for your feedback. My team and I are sorry for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay.
We offer four room types at Citadines Prestige South Kensington London. However, on our property website, we show only photos of the Studio Premier, Studio Executive and one-bedroom apartment. You may like to know that if you mouse over the photos, you will see a small pop-up text box informing you the type of area or room. The photos have been styled and are meant only as general illustrations or to give an idea of how the apartment can be dressed up. I have verified that our website photos of our Studio Premier units do not show any sofa beds. To help me address this, could you please let me know which website you visited? Please do write to me at manuel.riesgo-garcia@citadines.com
Once again, thank you for your valued feedback. We are committed to high service standards and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Yours sincerely,