“Fantastic hotel”

Ranked #293 of 1,089 Hotels in London
donm
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

We stayed here on our first trip to Europe and loved it. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect, close to transport and opposite Hyde Park which was beautiful for walks.
The room was spacious and extremely clean. The restaurant was wonderful, we had the contintental breakfast which was excellent, the dinner menu was very extensive and food quality excellent. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to everyone.Thank you for a wonderful start to our European holiday.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Donna M
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Kensington Gardens, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle Kensington Gardens and for your recommendation. I am glad we were able to get your travels off to a positive start. Enjoy the rest of your European holiday, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Billy Hughes | General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

This hotel was so helpful to me even before I left the US! Marianne Brown personally answered all my emails and believe me I had alot of questions and inquieries. She made sure to go out of her way to meet me in person upon my arrival. The restaurant staff were wonderful, from the host and hostess at the desk to the servers. The front desk and consierge were exceptional as well. The food was great as well as location, we upgraded our room to an executive twin on the eigth floor and had great views of Hyde Park. I was there for the Jubilee and saw the fireworks from the concert from my room! I will be back!

Room Tip: Upgrade for a view of Hyde Park
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank maddieBocaRaton_fl
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle Kensington Gardens and for your positive comments about our team, and in particular Marianne Brown the hotel Operations Manager. All feedback is shared with the team. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit to London and your stay with us, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

I made bookings through Hotel Club for 6 nights. The first room the hotel gave me was a very very tiny one. There wasn't even any space for my suit case. Being used to bigger rooms in Sydney and in most places in the world, in this one I felt like being in a cage. So I told the reception that there's no way I can have that room. They nicely transferred me to a slightly bigger one. From the room however, I could hear all day and night the traffic, conversation from the streets, banging of doors in every room, no fridge and the most frustrating one is paying wifi access that is not working. Wifi worked for a day, but I had to be at the coffee shop or if in my hotel room, stay just behind the door otherwise the struggling signal will disappear. After a day, the network wasn't working and had to spend several hours with the BTOpenzone Support, only to be told that there's nothing they can do. How could that be possible in London? Well, I experienced it first hand in this hotel.

Staff are pleasant and willing to assist. Not sure though if it's the hotel policy that they don't replenish shower gel, stationery, etc even when there's nothing left.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle Kensington Gardens. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your WIFI connection at the hotel. The hotel and Thistle as a company are currently upgrading our WIFI capabilities ahead of the Olympics. This will provide industry leading coverage and download capacity. Thank you for your comments about our pleasant team, although I am sorry you did not get your toiletries replenished. These are replenished daily. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Brackley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

We spent one night at this hotel and wished we had booked more. We booked a double and twin with connecting door so we were close to our kids. The hotel staff were so friendly and couldn't do enough for us (not a grumpy member of staff in sight) :-) Our rooms where fab and amazingly spacious for London. The decor was modern but more importantly the shower was top notch and everything was very clean. It was also very straight forward getting the tube so we could get out and explore, there was also a tour bus stop right oustide the hotel. We will definitely stay in this hotel again - big thanks to all the lovely friendly staff x

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Heather T
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Kensington Gardens, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle Kensington Gardens and for your positive comments about our team. All feedback is shared with the team, and I am sure they will be thrilled to hear about your stay. Many thanks again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Cirencester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

recently refurbished overlooking Hyde park we ended up here when other hotels were full and may now make it our hotel of choice, near enough to Marble Arch/Oxford St to walk (about 20 mins) with Hyde Park opposite at a better rate, not huge so plenty of room in the very nice bar area with booths for 10 or so people or more intimate seating, none of the early morning noise of the busier areas, rooms are contemporary although not large but then in the city they never are. Food in the restaurant was pleasant enough for not being bothered to leave the hotel but there were many other options nearby, Highly recommend especially when on a budget, last time I looked cheaper than premier inn and way better.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Christina I
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle Kensington Gardens and for your high recommendation. You are correct in stating that a walk to Oxford Street is about 20 minutes, alternatively we are only 2 tube stops away. Thanks again for your review and for us being your future hotel of choice.