This was my third or fourth stay in this hotel (not sure why I didn't review it before) and as on previous stays it was a mixed experience. On the positive side all the hotel staff are very friendly and efficient. The negatives are in several categories. Firstly this is an official Olympic "venue" - I knew in advance that we needed photo id and would be searched and that the hotel parking would be closed. What I didn't know was that we'd have to go through airport style security scanning and then have to get accreditation and passes before we could even get into the hotel to check in. It took ages and we were nearly late for dinner (in a restaurant nearby). When we got back to the room we found the TV didn't work, reported it, no one turned up to fix it, spoke to Guest Relations and pointed out that we'd had the same problem on several previous stays. A reduction in the room rate (actually I was using Hilton HHonours points) was agreed for the inconvenience as it was too late to change rooms and we wanted to go to sleep. Someone tried to get into the room after we'd gone to bed (presumably to look at the TV) - luckily I'd out the "chain" thing across the inside of the door. There wasn't an iron in the room (and we were too rushed on arrival to get one delivered) and the extractor fan in the bathroom didn't work (only realised that when it was too late to ask for it to be fixed).
Breakfast was OK (though pretty expensive for what you get). Why do we go back again when I don't think we've ever had a working TV in the first room we've been shown? It's the location and the fact that the staff are so helpful. I wouldn't, however, recommend it during the London 2012 Olympics - just too much aggro getting in and out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Mayfair, the London Hilton on Park Lane is close to all that London has to offer, whether it's musicals and theatres or world famous landmarks. Soaring high above the city streets, the hotel is famed for its unparalleled five star luxury. With 453 spacious guest rooms, including 56 suites, there is something to suit every taste. Meanwhile, the five bars and restaurants remain destinations in themselves, offering something for every taste, including our Michelin-starred restaurant Galvin at Windows and trendy nightclub Whisky Mist at Zeta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Hilton EMEA and Agoda so you can book your London Hilton on Park Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- London Hilton On Park Lane Hotel London
- Hilton Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- Hilton London
- Hilton Park Lane