Kingsway Hall Hotel
US$ 234
US$ 229
US$ 222
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Hyde Park(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 133
US$ 111
  • Restaurant
Ibis London City-Shoreditch(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 130
US$ 119
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 152
US$ 878
US$ 668
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 114
US$ 107
3,424 results
All reviewscovent gardenholborn tube stationgreat locationtheatre breakdrury lanelovely hotelwest endtheatre landleicester squareafternoon teamini barservice chargean upgradecentral locationbooked this hotelstandard roombritish museum
Reviewed 2 March 2012

My sister and I stayed for one night on the 3 February. The hotel is very nice and the twin bedded room 111 we were shown to was very large and immaculately clean with a lovely big bathroom but it was very cold in there. The staff were very nice about this and tried to sort out the heating problem but unfortunately they couldn't and there were no other twin bedded room available. We were given heaters and extra blankets but it was still cold in the room and the bathroom was freezing - we had to put towels on the floor so that we could stand on it!!! We had extra blankets on the bed and we left 2 heaters on all night and we were not comfortably warm. The next morning I didn't want to pay for the room but the receptionist said the front of house manager was not there and if we paid I could email him and he would sort out a refund. Well he hasn't despite several emails and a recorded delivery letter - he has offered us an upgrade to an executive king suite with complimentary breakfast but that is not what I want I want my money back as I did not get what I paid for. So if you are thinking of staying in this hotel and you have any sort of problem - move out because they will still make you pay!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lyn115
Reviewed 1 March 2012

First, the good points. As many have said, it's a great location. And with a covered drive area, loading and unloading luggage is easy. You don't have to fight for a place on the street. And the room was large and comfortable.
Now, the reason for the two stars. On Valentine's Day, we ordered afternoon tea for our room. It was a well advertised promotion (notices were in the elevator, etc.) The first difficulty was in ordering it. The room service person didn't seem to understand. The Valentine's Day tea was to come with Prosecco and other goodies. We explained it, but he sounded perplexed. We then received a call back from the restaurant. We explained it to them. Finally, it came. At 50 GBP for the two, a little expensive, but seemed worth it. It was substantial. Much more than we could finish. So we left more than half of it on our table and went to the opera, thinking it would be a very nice snack after the performance. When we got back, it was gone. Cleared out of the room in the evening (we left at 7 P.M.). But that wasn't the end of it. On the same day, my wife couldn't locate a toiletry bag containing over $200 in toiletries. We did a complete search of all of our luggage, and it wasn't there. Stolen by someone with a key access. After that, we put a "do not disturb" sign on the door, and left our "key card" in the electronic slot in the room (so hotel staff would think someone was in the room, and wouldn't enter). The next day was no problem - no daytime cleaning or night-time "turn down service". We no longer trusted the staff. On the following day, however, my wife was getting ready in the washroom, when she heard the door open. She opened the washroom door to find a surprised-looking maid (who immediately apologized and left). But the "do not disturb" sign was still on the door! They apparently do not even recognize that!
When we left, we told the desk staff about the stolen toiletry items, who called the assistant manager. I explained it to her, and said I wasn't looking for compensation, but the hotel should be made aware of the problem. She promised to do a full investigation, took my contact information, and promised to keep me informed. I heard nothing more from them.
I didn't let this ruin our vacation, but I wouldn't stay at this hotel again.

4  Thank James773
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Stayed 2 nights with my girlfriend in late Feb and I have to say that I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be slap bang in theatre land! Lovely hotel all round with lovely staff. An absolute gem.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Clusk86
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Great location but at only 5,8 tall its the first hotel that my feet hang over the end of the bed. ? We stopped 25th 26th feb and got no sleep.
We felt a bit stupid complaining as we are both not exactly tall but these beds , we were in room 402, are really short. Dont think of stopping in an ordinary room if you are a normal height.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Hotel was booked by my loving husband for a valentine's treat. What a disappiontment. We arrived and were told that they were looking to move us to their 'sister hotel' as they had clearly overbooked. The booking was made in this particular hotel as it was very near to our evening arrangements and was geographically suitable for our plans, despite being near to friends of ours. We point out that the evening before arriving we had tried to book our friends in to this hotel but were told it was full. We clarified that our booking was still okay, having been given this information and were assured that our booking was secure. We refused the unagreed amendment to our booking and requested a refund. One of the reception staff seemed to find the whole situation comical and sat, smirking at us as we tried to speak to her colleague.