“Great location and friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza London Kensington

Crowne Plaza London Kensington
Ranked #140 of 1,080 Hotels in London
Oslo
“Great location and friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

Great location for a long weekend in London. Just over the road from Gloucester Rd tube station and within walking distance of Hyde Park, Museums, Harrods and Sloane Sq with its excellent shopping. Also just a 2 minute walk from Bombay Brasserie, an excellent Indian restaurant!

Having stayed in numerous other hotels in London this is probably one of the best in terms of location, service and value for money.

We booked directly with the hotel online and received quite a good discount by booking a few weeks ahead of our trip - was cheaper to do this than book through other websites.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GenManager_CPKen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Dear JonandVib
Thank you or your review of our hotel. Like many othre guestsd you have appreciated our fantastic location, close to so many attractions. You are right that we are close to Bombay Brasserie, a great Indian restaurant, but we also have Umami, a great Asian restaurant right here in the hotel, serving a range of authentic Thai, Malaysian and Indonesian dishes in surroundings influenced by a Singaporean Feng Shue Master. Why not give it a try on your next visit.
Lawder Smith
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed for nine nights at the Crowne Plaza. On the whole, it was a great experience. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. It faced a very busy street but noise was not a problem. Rear facing rooms have a view of the hotel's large garden. I booked a club room that included breakfast and access to snacks all day long. In the evening, the club lounge served drinks and canapes. The canape selection was rather limited compared to other Crowne Plaza's that I've stayed at but this was the only one that served hard liquor, usually it's berr and wine only. I noticed that one man asked for a particular brand of liquor and the lounge staff immediately brought a bottle from the bar. The breakfast was good although I can't say I'm too crazy about English sausage or bacon. I didn't realize that we were supposed to eat breakfast in the club room, not the restaurant. Apparently if you eat in the restaurant, you will be charged for it. After a couple mornings of eating in the restaurant (and being told it wasn't included in the room) someone at the front desk finally explained that we should eat in the club room. But they were nice about it and we weren't charged for the breakfasts in the restaurant. The food selection in the club room was about the same so it wasn't a problem. But the restaurant was more comforable so I wish we could have continued to eat there. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially when I needed a doctor. My left arm began aching and swelled up suddenly. Tony at the concierge desk arranged a cab to the nearest hospital. It turned out I had an infection from a bug bite. I have to say the care I received was excellent. I'm a registered nurse and worked in hospitals for 20 years so I know good care when I see it. And, it was free! Timea was another friendly employee that made the stay enjoyable. The hotel location is perfect for sightseeing. There's a tube station across the street and most attactions were just a few stops away. I would definitely stay here again the next time I'm in London.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CaliforniaMax
Dear CaliforniaMax
Thank you for leaving feedback on your recent stay with us.
I do hope your arm is feeling better now.
Our club lounge does offer a full complimentary bar each day 6 - 8pm and light snacks and soft drinks 24 hours a day. A complimentary breakfast is served each morning as well.
I hope you will be back with us again very soon.
Liege Province, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

I would like to share my great experience at Crowne Plaza Kensington !
I've enjoyed the stay... I've been there 2 nights.
PROS : location- friendly staff- restaurant and bar- Metro station 10m away- concierge service very helpful and always present- really fast room service (special thanks to Timea for her kindness at the bar !)
CONS : I'm platinium member and I was a bit disapointed with the room : I had two beds instead of king size one (normally platinium receives an upgrade and I was supposed to receive the newspapers as well but I didn't get one ! ) But no worry these are details....
Anyway I can recommend with no doubt this hotel ! It totally worth it !

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Charlotte D
Dear Charlotte D
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us.
I am sorry that you did not like your room, as a Platinum Priority Club Member, you were upgraded from the standard room you booked, into one of our Deluxe rooms. Our Deluxe rooms are our larger rooms and all have 2 double beds as well as plenty of space.
As a Platinum Member, you also had free wi-fi, which is an additional benefit we give at this hotel.
I am pleased that you found our staff so helpful.
Mumbai, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

The choice of hotel was the first best decision we made the 2nd being the timing of our holiday - 31st August '12 to 7th September '12 as we were greeted with wonderful weather.

About the hotel,the service was outstanding - The room was spacious though I was a bit apprehensive after reading some of the earlier reviews.The staff was very very helpful will just add the names I recollect doesn't mean the others weren't good enough - Sebastian, Times,Diego, Jennifer,Manpreet, the ladies and gentlemen at the reception and concierge,housekeeping and everyone else.A huge thank you for making our first trip to the UK memorable in such a lovely way.The location as everyone else has commented is the best one can have.God willing we shall be back and this time I wouldn't have to worry about the hotel or how to find our way in the city as I know we can depend on the staff.Thank you guys once again.Keep up the good work.

Dear Gita405
I am delighted that you found our staff so helpful during your recent stay. We have a great team here and everyone of them takes great pride in the service we offer our guests - it is, after all, the people, who make the difference between a good hotel and a great hotel.
I do hope you will be back again soon now that you have discovered us.
Kenwood, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Kensington for a week in early September. We were traveling with our two teenage sons and had to get two rooms in expensive London. We took advantage of the Crowne Plaza's internet prices and were able to swing two Club rooms for 155 and 176 GBP a nite. Not cheap, but pretty great compared what other hotels in the area were charging.

The hotel was totally worth it! Great location a block from the Gloucester Street tube station and right in the middle of South Kensington within 5 minutes walk to the National History Museum, Science Museum, and V&A. A little longer walk to Hyde Park and Albert Hall, and further on -- Harrod's.

The rooms were very comfortable and had clearly been recently remodeled with care and attention to details and amenities. The Club Room allowed for bigger rooms and access to the club area on the first floor with complementary cocktails at Happy Hour, two computers to access the internet, and complementary breakfast. A great place to unwind and rest from a hard day's day.

The staff was extremely friendly and courteous -- Ms. Luzzetti at the front desk was very helpful and friendly and helped us with check in's, directions, and dining recommendations.

Great experience all around but the absolutely BEST thing was the private garden in the back of the property. Our rooms had views to the garden and a lovely old church that abutted it. It was quiet and peaceful -- a perfect place to relax in the morning with coffee. We were out in this garden every day. It was the right place to energize before heading out to the tube and the London streets for hours of sightseeing.

Great place -- would absolutely return next time we head to London!

Room Tip: Look at the Club Room rates and if you can swing the price -- do it! They are worth it! Also, ask...