Crowne Plaza London Kensington
US$ 236
US$ 222
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Hyde Park(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 112
US$ 309
US$ 167
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 152
The Arch London(London)
US$ 511
US$ 309
Agoda.com
US$ 383
US$ 178
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 113
US$ 107
US$ 254
US$ 202
  • Pool
US$ 878
US$ 666
2,739 results
All reviewsthe club loungetube stationumami restauranttwo double bedsduplex suitethe natural history museumcromwell roadunagiwaitrose supermarketoverlooking the gardenthe royal albert hallpiccadilly lineholiday innheathrow airportconcierge staffhyde parkexcellent location
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I stayed at the CP Kensington for five nights, checking out on July 2, 2012. The location of the hotel is excellent! It is directly across the street from the Gloucester Road Tube Station, a Waitrose supermarket, and an Ask restaurant. Umami restaurant is in the lobby.
I was upgraded to a Superior Suite on check-in, which was a very nice surprise. I was travelling solo, so I had plenty of room! The suite was a bit dated and could have used a rehab, but it was very spacious and the king bed was extremely comfortable. There were entrances to the suite on two separate floors - one entering into the living area and the other entering into the bedroom area. Each floor had a phone and television. The suite had a huge bay window which spanned the end of both floors towards the street. I never heard any traffic noises at all, however.
I truly enjoyed my stay, and I would highly recommend the Kensington Crowne Plaza!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank angela o
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Dear Angel o
Thank you for leaving a review of our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the location so convenient and the room so quiet.
I hope you will be back with us again in the near future.
Best regards

Reviewed 6 July 2012

The Crowne Plaza Kensington didn't really excite me, but it was a nice hotel, comfortable, a very short walk to the Gloucestershire Road tube station, in a quiet neighborhood, with a superb breakfast that far exceeds normal European spreads.

My lack of enthusiasm likely stems from the underwhelming concierge service; they do their job when asked, but aren't nearly as excited to help as I expect concierges to be. They're also slammed in the mornings; perhaps they need a few more. If you like to be somewhere very nice and friendly but otherwise not be bothered, this is definitely the place for you!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank KATY0222
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Dear Katy0222
Thank you for your review, I am so pleased that you found this a friendly hotel and that our breakfast was superb.
Very sorry however to read that you were not impressed by our concierges who are normally7 so proactive and put the guest at the heart of everything they do. I will certainly discuss your comments with them to ensure that they do not allow their focus to drift.
Best regards

Reviewed 5 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my wife and daughter for three nights starting 7th June on the last leg of our tour to Europe.I had gone by the feedback on trip advisor and was certainly not disappointed.The room was comfortable.The breakfast was better than most hotels in Europe.Very friendly staff.Very close to tube,bus stop ,restaurents etc.There was really nothing to complain till the day we checked out i.e on 10th June.After checking out our luggage was kept near the concierge desk (between the concierge desk and the reception) and were waiting for our firend to pick us up.We went out of the hotel for maybe 5 mins leaving the luggage behind since the concierge was at his desk when we went out.When we returned we found that our Canon DSLR camera was not there.We complained to the Hotel authorities and they checked on the CCTV and informed that someone had walked in and taken the camera (when we were out for 5 mins )and walked out of the back exit!!Surprisingly the Hotel management refused to show us the CCTV footage citing legalities.Although I lodged a complaint with the Police nothing has come out of it.We did not expect that something like this could happen in a Hotel like Crown Plaza especially at the reception area since it is not huge.One can easily keep on eye on the people walking in and walking out.The security is ceratinly lax or else something like this would not have happened.I would therefore advise all who plan to stay here to please take proper care of their own belongings SINCE THE HOTEL WONT.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank sudhirmenon
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Dear Sudhirmenon

Thank you for your review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found nothing to complain of.
I was very sorry to hear about your camera being stolen. However, for your future benefit when travelling and for the benefit of other readers, I would strongly reccommend that you do not leave luggage unattended in a public area at any time, in this, or in any other hotel.
Our concierge will always take your luggage and look after it for for you if you are going out - we have a secure luggage store just behind the concierge desk. However with up to 100 arrivals and 100 departures every day of the week, as well as guests attending meetings, our front hall can be a very busy place and our staff although trained to be vigilant, cannot watch everyone's belongings if left unattended. In this particular instance, these bags, including the missing camera bag, were left on a seat behind a pillar which is not visible from either the concierge or reception desk.
The CCTV footage is made available to the police.
I would like to assure all readers that our team here all take security very seriously and are all as vigilant as can be and this unfortunate incident of valuables being left unattended whilst a guest left the hotel is not a normal occurrance.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I am by far the most impressive with this Crowne Plaza more than any other in the world! Wow! Nice job!

Pros:
- Proximity to lots of shopping, nightlife, and restaurants
- Upgraded to modern furniture, carpentry, and lighting
- Beautiful garden view
- Very close to all transit
- The staff is extremely friendly and helpful
- WiFi!

Cons:
- None

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank David C
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Dear Puppygetsball
Thank you for leaving a review of our hotel, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and hope we will see you back again very soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

While we don't normally stay at high end hotels while traveling, an unfortunate incident left us no alternative. Thanks to Orbitz we found the Crowne Plaza and it has lived up to its reputation. Beautiful back garden, close to excellent restaurants and tube, great neighborhood, plenty to do within walking distance, luxurious rooms. We loved our stay.

• Stayed: July 2011
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Dear Macleask
Thank you for leaving a review of our hotel, I am glad that you appreciated our great location. For other readers, as well as all the restaurants and supermarkets right on our doorstep, we are only a 5 minute walk from all the main London museums - (Science Museum, Natural History Museaum and Victoria & Albert Museum).