“Air con anyone?”

Ranked #132 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Malibu, California
“Air con anyone?”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Stayed at the CP Kensington for 5 nights during the Queens Jubilee. In general, my stay was wonderful despite moving twice. Checked in and got a wonderful room, but horrid neighbours who would not control their screaming kids. Moved to another room the next day. In the evening found out the AC was not operational, moved to room 425 and all was good till...the very last night the AC broke. At that point there was no point in changing rooms since i was leaving early the next morning.
Now for the the best: The staff is wonderful, helpful and everyone bends overbackwards to assist in every aspect of your stay. The concierge staff is excellent. Got lost a bit and one of the Concierge staff actually walked me to my destination. The Umami restaurant in the hotel, (for lunch or dinner) is very good and their whole staff is superb. The location of the hotel could not be better, a two minute walk to the tube.This station is a good choice to take to all Heathrow terminals even if you have luggage, since there are lifts.
The rooms are generally very large (not the end rooms) and very clean. Some have walk in showers.The TV is a beautiful large flat screen. The beds and pillows are very comfortable. There is a large laptop safe, a minibar, iron, coffee/tea set and a large selection of good toiletries. Even though the hotel is on Cromwell st, all the windows are triple glazed which makes the room silent.
Bottom Line- A very good choice. If travelling with children- have respect to next door neighbours and quiet them down after 10pm.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Nili99
GenManager_CPKen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Dear Nili99
Thank you for leaving a review of our hotel, I am so pleased that you found our staf so helpful - it is the staff that make the difference between a good and a great hotel.
Please accept my apologies for the problems you experienced with the air conditioning, I have asked our maintenance engineer to check the two rooms you used to ensure it is now working properly.
I hope you enjoyed all the atmosphere in London over the Jubilee weekend and that you will return again very soon.
Lawder Smith
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Banbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I would definitely recommend this hotel. My partner and I stayed there this weekend and we had the best time. The staff were very helpful and friendly. They went far beyond their call of duty and made a big fuss when they found out it was my birthday by sending me some cake with candles and a card to my room.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear MelodyA
Thank you for leaving feedback on our hotel, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and in particular that you found the staff were so helpful.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Kent, UK
Reviewed 10 June 2012

The hotel is located very convieniently to Gloucester Road tube station, and there are plenty of places to pick up bits for the room (Tesco, corner shop etc) or have a meal if you don't fancy the hotel restaurant.

First impressions from outside the building are very good, and when you step inside the lobby, this theme continues. We were greeted with a friendly smile, and the receptionist acknowledged my Platinum membership with an apology that no complimentary upgrades were available, but were given bonus Priority Club points and in-room goodies as compensation (very few hotels do this in my experience). They also acted upon my requests for a quiet high floor room away from the road.

My friend and I were really happy with our room - a Deluxe Double Double - and the huge TV was an added bonus. Everything was extremely clean, from the main room to the bathroom. A very powerful shower (again, a rarity) and a quiet room at the back of the hotel did ensure that we both had a restful stay for my Birthday.

The concierge kept our luggage for us on the day of check out, so we could explore London some more. All in all we couldn't fault the hotel, and we would stay here there in a heartbeat,

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel - away from the road.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank toxKent
GenManager_CPKen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear toxKent
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and that like so many of our guests, you felt able to give us a 5/5 rating.
I do hope you will be back again very soon.
Yours sincerely
Yorkshire
Reviewed 10 June 2012

If you want a prime location, look no further! Absolutely superb opposite the Gloucester road tube station. Also, wait rose is opposite and there are some lovely patisseries and cares nearby. A great base to explore on foot from. However, a standard double bed? Not a chance... Far too small! Had two very uncomfortable nights sleep for lack of space when sharing with my husband. Also, I know it's London but I found the hotel incredibly impersonal. No information in the room to tell you anything about the hotel facilities or check out times etc. The only info we were given on arrival at the reception desk was about breakfast and how we could purchase this. The Housekeeping was very noisy and inconsiderate, banging on our door at 8Am on check out day... Cleaning next door they were constantly in and out, slamming the door each time. Disappointing and very over priced.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Moonlight33
I am so sorry to read from your review of your disappointment with some aspects of our hotel.
All our standard rooms have a standard double bed (4'6" or larger) whilst if you upgrade to one of our deluxe rooms you would have a larger room with two double or two king size beds. Our club rooms ( which also have access to the exclusive club lounge) have king size beds also.
I'm sorry that our receptionist did not advise you on arrival that all the information about the hotel is on the tv in the room, rather than having additional printed material on the desk (which most guests just push to one side to make room for their own things).
I'm pleased that you appreciated our great location though, and I do hope that you will be back again in the near future so that we can restore your confidence in the hotel.
Yours sincerely
preston
Reviewed 10 June 2012

booked hotel through last minute.com secret hotels and wasn't disappointed.The overall standard of the hotel is very good,with pleasant and helpful staff,and we were pleasantly pleased with what seemed to be a recently refurbished room.used the in house asian restaurant which i would recommend.There is also a good pub nearby called The Stanhope which sells a good selection of real ales and decent pub food.Transport to central london is v easy with Gloucester Rd tube station across the road and the no 74 bus outside takes you to Hyde park corner and then beyond free with your bus pass

Room Tip: higher floors have less road noise
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Pedrobleacks
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased that you liked your room - all our rooms were refurbished 2 and a half years ago and all are of a high standard and decorated in a contemporary style.
It's great to hear that you liked our new Asian restaurant, Umami, which features a range of authentic dishes from Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam.
I do hope you will be back again soon.

refurb room & Umami