Crowne Plaza London Kensington
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
2,688 results
All reviewsthe club loungetube stationumami restauranttwo double bedsduplex suitethe natural history museumcromwell roadunagiwaitrose supermarketoverlooking the gardenthe royal albert hallpiccadilly lineholiday innheathrow airportconcierge staffhyde parkexcellent location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 March 2012

People matter most! Location and hotel facilities are simply the best. However, I have a special remark: The Crowne Plaza Kensington Team! In almost 30 years coming to London, I've never had such a warm, personal service (by the way, I used to stay at The Landmark). It's impossible to describle the perfect service that my kids, my brother and I have received. From the bottom of my heart, my endless thankfulness to the entire staff: Tony, Karim, Giorgio, Alejandro, Ricardo, Daniela, Serkan, Ritesh... Please forgive me for not remembering all names, since housekeeping people, ladies at the reception desk, till the the topnotch service at the fantastic Asian restaurant. Now I definetlive have a home in London! God bless you all!

Room Tip: Anny room is great!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Oriovaldo Anton... T
GenManager_CPKen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Dear Oriovaldo
Thank you so much for your kind words which have been shared with all the team. we are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the personal service.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

We arrived very early and although our room wasn't yet ready, we were able to check in and leave our bags with concierge at no extra cost.
When we arrived back after a trip to the Natural History Museum (which is less than 5 minutes down the road) we were surprised to find we had been upgraded to a club room (level 4). The room was spacious with good furniture and a massive bed. The TV was a bit tricky to work out - it kept going back to the pay-as-you-go movie channels - but other than that everything in the room was fab! There was a bath with a shower over it as well as a separate shower, robes & slippers and all the toiletries you could need. We even got the complimentary newspaper which we read whilst enjoying the yummy buffet breakfast.
I was very pleased with this hotel - the room, the service, the breakfast, the location - all brilliant. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JossWanders

Dear Adams_Girl
Thank you for your review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much.
I hope you got to try our new Asian restaurant, Umami, which offers a range of authentic Thai, Malaysian and Singaporean dishes in relaxed surroundings with design inspired by a Feng Shue master.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

I travel to London 4 times a year, has always stayed at the Holiday Inn Kensington Forum Hotel. Due to a last minute change of schedule for an additional night in London, I decided to give the Crowne Plaza across the Cromwell street a try. Being a PC Platinum member, I was immediately upgraded to a suite on the first floor. Although the bedroom was a bit on the small side with the king bed occupying most space, it was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The sofa in the living room, however, was a bit too soft for my taste. Although my room was next to the busy Cromwell street, the insulation seems to have done a good job of filtering the noise. I was very impressed with this hotel and will definitely return on my next trip to UK.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear Analyst 1953
Thank you for your review, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I hop eyou will cintinue to use us on future visits to London when you want a little more luxury than the great Holiday Inn accross the road can offer.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

This hotel has recently had a major refurbishment which has been done very well resulting in an opulent foyer and comfortable rooms. The location is excellent - just across the road from Gloucester Road tube. There are shops and restaurants all around. The staff were very helpful. We booked this as a secret hotel so got a very good deal but I suspect the price will go up soon. I would definitely return to this hotel. The rooms were quite large and well appointed with a wide range of tea/coffee/chocolate and there were plentiful toiletries in the bathroom which was smart and clean. The only problem was that the magnifying mirror on the wall was in a most inaccessible position over the sink. Sadly the window would not open and the heat/cool unit was not working, so even though it was March we were far too hot.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Sooperstar 100
Thank you for your review. i am delighted that you liked the result of our re-furbished ground floor with the enlarged reception and upgraded bar, lounge and restaurant. ( we will shortly be upgrading the garden too).
I am sorry that you were unable to cool your room sufficiently, I have asked our engineer to check the air conditioning to ensure it is cooling properly, particularly now we are entering the warmer months ( at last).

Reviewed 8 March 2012

After reading the mixed reviews I snagged a reasonable deal & decided to try this hotel for myself. Gloucester Road underground station is literally across the road from the hotel. Turn left out of the station, cross at lights and walk down footpath to hotel entrance. Surrounding area is great, cafes, restaurants and an excellent Waitrose supermarket opposite. I did not eat in the hotel, I bought breakfast at Waitrose as I was travelling alone.
So the hotel? I agree it is having a bit of an identity crisis as a previous reviewer stated but for the money and location ... I would stay again ONLY IF the hotel provides free wifi in the rooms, mandatory when the internet is used so much for planning trips and attractions. The foyer was undergoing renovations while I was there one week ago ... did not bother me ... except when using wifi in public area ... too noisy, I'm sure that is no longer the case.
Room was very clean and the bed extremely comfy with quality linen, bathroom was clean and modern but poorly designed.
Fridge is computer controlled, once an item is removed you are charged for it,
a very small space only is provided for guests use. Two glasses of superb wine downstairs in the bar cost almost 20 pounds.
Desk in room 320 was against the wall with not enough room to pull the chair out without hitting it against the bed. Again ... poorly designed. Yes there were a few scuff marks on the papered walls and desk but not enough to concern me as everything else was spotless.
Victoria & Albert and British Histiry Museums are an easy level walk, a bit further will get you to Harrods and loads of specialty stores, the food hall there is a must!
Summary? This hotel certainly sits somewhere between 3 and 4 stars in an excellent location.

Room Tip: Wi fi is free in public areas.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Chardygal
GenManager_CPKen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

Dear YilinT
Thank you for leaving your review of the hotel, I am so pleased that you chose to stay at our hotel for your honeymoon and hope that you will reurn to London and to Crowne Plaza Kensington many times in the future.
Our policy in housekeeping is always to knock and wait twice before enetering a room - I will reiterate this to our team and apologise that someone entered your room too quickly without waiting for a response.