As soon as we stepped into the building of 11 Cadogan Gardens, I felt as though we had gone back in time by about 100 years... The decor and paintings all added to the gorgeous antique feel of the place, and I felt rather like Lady Mary Crawley from Downton Abbey as we arrived in our suite (although we did have a very large television in the corner), and the service had no faults.
We stayed for just one night, but our flight was only the next evening so we needed somewhere to stay during that time, and there is very little shopping one can do in London while trawling around six heavy suitcases - so we managed to get another room for a few hours. Although much smaller than our original suite, we were given a small tour of the best rooms of the hotel - the Red Room, the Gold Room - and even if we couldn't really fit in the other room we were given with all of our suitcases taking up most available space, we were able to spend time on the deck, relaxing and sipping ice tea.
A fantastic unique hotel to stay in, I have definitely never experienced another hotel with quite the same feel as this one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 11 Cadogan Gardens is located just off Sloane Street in the heart of Chelsea, moments away from the designer boutiques of Sloane Street, Kings Road, Harrods and Hyde Park. A member of the internationally recognised brand Small Luxury Hotels of the World, this enchanting urban hideaway is full of character and charm. Originally built as four separate Victorian townhouses by Lord Chelsea in the 19th century, 11 Cadogan Gardens has a unique and rich heritage forming part of the historical Cadogan Estate. 11 Cadogan Gardens is relaunching following a year of extensive renovations and now offers 56 individually designed rooms and suites. Each of the hotel's 25 suites have been individually designed to complement the hotel's unique character, five of which have a private entrance. Contact a member of the team directly to find out more about the room and suite options for your next stay. The hotel's drawing room is a welcoming retreat for guests, with an eclectic mix of warmly toned fabrics and light floral-pattered walls creating a comfortable and cosy atmosphere in which to relax and enjoy our delicious Afternoon Tea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Prestigia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your 11 Cadogan Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eleven Cadogan Gardens London
- Eleven Cadogan Gardens Hotel London