1,000 results
All reviewssloane squarekings roadsmall luxury hoteldrawing roomhead conciergecharming hotelafternoon teaconcierge staffjunior suitehome away from homequiet streetwonderful staybirthday treatfantastic locationunderground stationchelseaslh
Reviewed 5 October 2008

This hotel is a delightful, unexpected discovery...breaks through the sameness of luxury hotels. Beautiful fabrics and bold furnishings catch the eye at every turn. It is quirky yet comfortable. The 'Design' ambiance is intriguing not offputting...ornate with many cosy corners. I saw people enjoying tea in 3 different sitting areas.

I felt as though I had entered a private club where I was the favourite member. Nicely welcomed at the entrance, I was escorted to a lushly drapped reception area. The young ladies at checkin were lovely and friendly.

My room was large and traditionally decorated with many upmarket touches. Very comfortable and calm.

The hotel has a delightful bar and an absolutely stunning, all white dining salon. The barmen and servers were all attentive and friendly

So, while I'm sure 11 Cadogan Hotel is not for eveyone, I welcome the idea to stay someplace unusual. The location a few steps off Sloane Square was ideal for me.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2008

We stayed with our two little girls and we had a great stay. the new restaurant was very plush and I felt a little worried about whether the staff would let our girls eat in there, I couldn't have been more wrong, they changed the beautiful tall crystal goblets for little glasses that 4 year olds can handle and cooked up cheesy pasta whilst hubby and I feasted on more gourmet fare.

The hotel hasn't quite finished its refit but I loved the funky new look.

We will be back!

Tthe Corcorans - Buckinghamshire

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2008

checked in to 11 to find out that the rooms shown on the website don't actually exist, they show how it will look one day, not present day! the website also talk about how great their spa is but that's not built either. we checked out within 15 mins.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank tonyking
Reviewed 17 August 2008

One of the Harrod's doormen, in putting us in a taxi, said "Oh, that is a very nice addess". Which it is, just about a perfect location; one block from Sloane Square, ten minute walk from Knightsbridge. Since we never stayed at the "old" Number Eleven, we have nothing to compare our experience to. We found the lobby decor somewhere between avant-garde and over the top. But our room was outstanding, and the staff excellent and accomodating.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank winebuyer
Reviewed 29 July 2008

I have been going to Number 11 for 35 years and have always loved the very British interior. While a hotel, it gave you the impression you were in a home and the full cream teas were the best in London and the breakfast served to your room was piping hot and beautifully done. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Throughout the years the staff remained – a sign of very good hotel management (both staff and clients were happy).

I went back to Number 11 this weekend. I had been in December of last year and noticed they were doing redecoration – which is totally normal. However, what I found in returning was a VERY DIFFERENT HOTEL. The decoration was done more in modern haunted house – all the wood had been stripped and painted very black, the colours on the walls were deep purple and the curtains were in deep brocade red. The sitting room had a number of burning candles – which is normally such a nice touch but with the current decorations only made the hotel look more sinister. For the two days we were there, we saw none of the former staff members. The new staff, while very nice and accommodating, they did lack some of the professionalism one was used to at Number 11.

In checking out, I asked if the hotel had changed owners. The reply from the desk clerk (yes, now there is a hotel front desk!) was that it had been taken over by a new owner who had redecorated it. When I indicated that the old clientele might not appreciate the new, very dark, decoration, she responded that the new owner was looking to change the clientele. I suggested that they could have informed the old clients before coming of this decision. When I went downstairs to the dining room and looked at the pictures on the walls, I would not suggest you take children to the hotel.

Oh, one last thing, the price has also gone up. For one night stay (granted a family suite) cost us almost 1000 pounds sterling… Needless to say, they have lost at least one customer.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family