I've stayed in this hotel twice before and agree with other reviewers who have done the same that this hotel appears to display grandeur but some parts are in need of some TLC and a pick-me-up. We had an upgrade to a junior suite following our previous not quite so good visit. The initial room we were allocated was situated next to large, noisy air conditioning units but after this was mentioned we were moved to another quieter room. The junior suite was large with double bed, small table and two chairs. The bathroom had a large jacuzzi bath (sadly we didn't know how it worked) but poor shower. Overall you could see that at sometime this room was considered grand but now in much need of an upgrade. You can see where they are trying to save money especially in the restaurant at breakfast. Waiting- on staff there mainly to clear tables rather than personal service of bringing toast and tea/coffee as these are already prepared in advance. So depending on when you go down for breakfast the tea and coffee will either be very fresh or not. The continental breakfast selection was very good. I'm particularly fussy where bacon and sausage is concerned but again these were very tasty. The other thing we noticed since our last visit was that sugar and sauces were dispensed as they would be in a roadside cafe or American diner, again I would think for reducing costs to enable the hotel to provide reasonable B + B rates.
Overall we love this hotel, if you get the right room. The staff are very professional and helpful though if you have any problems. Location of the hotel is very close to the tube (Jubilee line) and DLR (hence the noise, so pack some earplugs if you are a light sleeper). It's very convenient for the City and the new Westfield Shopping Centre at Stratford. Cheaper car parking available off-site for weekend stays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Hotel situated in Canary Wharf, London's popular Docklands area. Canary Wharf, Jubilee line underground station is a 5 minute walk away. DLR stations South Quay and Heron Quay are within 5 minutes walking distance. Enjoy the shopping and lively atmosphere of Canary Wharf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Britannia International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia International London
- Hotel Britannia International