2,247 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I unfortunately booked a basement twin room. The window was covered with construction debris and you could not see out at all. The room smelled of cigarette smoke continually - we were next to a staff lounge and there was missing drywall above a wardrobe, my guess is the smoke came from the staff lounge. The bathroom was very small, and you could not move in the shower without the curtain sticking to your body. The room looked nothing like the pictures on the website. I asked for an upgrade, but was told there was no room. We had that awful room for 4 nights. Our final night they were able to give us a regular room - which was lovely, updated and beautiful with a very nice view- at no additional cost. The photos are from our basement room. Good location.

4  Thank Cejubitz
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Booked a weekend in London with my nephew. Arrived at the Bayswater. We were a bit early so knew we couldn’t check in although they said we could leave our bags and they would put them in the luggage room. We came back over 4 hours later to see our bags still in the lobby where we left them. Waited in the queue for ages and then as it was our turn the receptionist called over someone who worked there and spent over 5 minutes talking to her and trying to find toothpaste. We were called to the desk with no apology for keeping us waiting. I mentioned I wasn’t happy at our luggage being left where anyone could have taken them and was told ‘don’t worry’, again with no apology. We were then asked for deposit of £50. Which was £30 more than we were told. We ended up paying £40. I was then asked to sign a slip of paper that was signing to say received deposit back. When I queried this was again told ‘don’t worry’. The receptionist didn’t smile once during the whole exchange. We got our room key and went to the lift we were told. We were on the 2nd floor. The lift didn’t work if you pressed the 2nd floor so we had to go up to the 1st floor and walk up. When the lift opened at the 1st floor we saw a tatty room door with a towel along the bottom - I assume some kind of leak. It was there the whole of our 3 night stay. The room was small and tired, although the bathroom was nice and modern. We had 2 single beds and a camp bed. My bed was like a water bed and sloped so I had to make sure I was right by the wall so I didn’t fall off. The room was very hot too and the air conditioning didn’t seem to work. We didn’t bother with breakfast. There wasn’t enough tables for the amount of guests and saw people sat on the lobby sofas with their plates on their knees. We decided to go out for breakfast when we saw this.

The receptionist when we left was helpful and we left our luggage there for the day before heading home and she did put it in the luggage room.

The hotel is in a lovely location overlooking the square and close to a tube station. However it was let down by being scruffy and tired and the receptionist being surly and dismissive. The lobby looks great but that is where it ends. They could reduce the lobby sofas and add more tables so people could actually sit at a table for breakfast.

We didn’t let the hotel spoil our trip to London but I certainly would not recommend staying there and I will be contacting superbreak who we booked this through to let them know how poor the hotel was.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank AmandaandGlenn
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Nice place near to hyde park. But not too much activities to do. You can take buses to be in the city center and it takes around 3 minutes to arrive. It is quiet and consider as cozy place comparing with the city center.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
HotelsManagers, General Manager at Bayswater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Mariam M,

Thank you for your comments after your recent stay at the Bayswater Inn Hotel.

We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Kind regards,

David G

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Used this hotel with four others for a theatre visit from Newcastle prior to Christmas . Thought nothing much of it ...but our party was split my friends had to go to another hotel ..excuse ..system break down!!! Had booked a twin room on 24th of March they looked for my booking ,to no avail....said we had a ...system breakdown !!!.... coincidence!! you have to go to another hotel ...Hyde Park apartments They put us in the basement imagine our surprise ....double bed ...no view et cetera .. went back to reception said they have no twin rooms ,rang up the Bayswater in order in to complain ...said they would ring back! three hours later no reply ..rang Bayswater iinn again..o got through to Madu ,on reception said we must write a letter of complaint to the manager!!!.. plenty of smiles from staff in reception ..but no result !!after sleeping top to tail ...we went for breakfast at the Bayswater ...it was chaotic I got a table for me and my daughter five minutes later she came to me said there
were no cereal bowls a shortage of knives and forks ..no bread for toast ..she sat down eating a sausage with a spoon and a knife .. A gentlemen passed me with a fruit cocktail on a dinner plate .when I got up l put my fruit cocktail in a plastic beaker! For my main breakfast I had cold tinned tomatoes cold baked beans The egg was okay and some bread arrived.the coffee was the best item! out of the machine guaranteed hot! . They could not cope with what I would call rush-hour maybe through lack of staff whatever the reason it was pathetic . Really. Ruined a major part of our Very Special Occasion.Incidently the receptionist at Hyde Park said they had 12 others from the Bayswater!!.. Also it is £5 pound to look after luggage after check out.!...When told Bayswater do not charge she let us off ..Gasp!....Never experienced anything so bad lt really was a free for all,in the breakfast area.
No waiter or supervisory staff to take your name ,even or even to complain to.

Stayed: March 2018
4  Thank MichaelA4258
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed in a 'superior' room if you could even call it that! We were mislead by the photos online and the room was very small and you were barely able to move about it! The staff barely spoke a word of English and did not help when we asked. We stayed in room 404 on the 4th floor and the TV did not work and we went and asked reception if they had a solution such as fixing the TV or moving us room in which they declined. The carpets were disgusting and the walls had random slashes of paint as you can see in the photos. The lift was also broken and all in the hotel was a complete dump! I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here even if it is only for a night!

7  Thank Georgia R