6,612 results
All reviews sky lounge rooftop bar tower hill tube station natural kitchen city cafe apple tv double tree warm cookies the executive lounge on arrival top floor excellent location weekend break modern hotel decent size few minutes walk west end
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here recently whilst in London, and really enjoyed the stay - I was on business whilst my wife went shopping and sightseeing.

Check-in was flawless and very friendly. The room was bordering on small but was suitable for our needs. It was neat and clean, and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom was also clean and suitably appointed.

Breakfast was excellent, and service in general very good.

The hotel is well positioned in eastern London, and in easy reach of local tourist attractions and the Underground.

We'll definitely choose this hotel in future if the opportunity arises.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
BGilligan_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear 125bernardc,

Many thanks for your review of the DoubleTree Tower of London following your recent stay!

We appreciate you taking the time to provide such detailed feedback of your stay, and are delighted that you enjoyed your time at the Hotel and found our rooms and facilities suitable to your needs.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night. It was convenient to my meetings, but that did not make up for the shortcomings. Check-in and the lobby were fine. My room was small, hot (air conditioning did not work and had to open small window). Looked out on construction and another hotel wall. It was loud. Bathroom is tiny. Carpet was discolored, stained and looked at least 30 years old in the room and halls. Fitness center was fine but was hidden at the end of a long corridor behind a fire door. Poor quality overall for the price.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank biztraveler1newyork
Paul M, on behalf of the staff at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear biztraveler1newyork,

Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel.

I am very sorry that your stay with us was not up to our usual standards, I've passed your concerns about the air conditioning to the maintenance team to look at.

I've also asked the housekeeper to inspect the carpets in the bedrooms for stains.

I do hope that if you are in the area again that you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Came here for my birthday and it was a very enjoyable stay. The hotel is in a fairly quiet location (which was nice to come back to after visiting the hustle and bustle of other touristy parts of London) but also within 2 minutes walk from a station which made getting around very easy.

Check in was a smooth process - we were given drinks vouchers for the bar as part of the room and because it was my birthday I was also given a second set to celebrate which was very nice.

The room was located on the 9th floor which offered good views over the area - Tower Bridge, London Bridge and the Shard were visible anyway. The room itself was a good size and the bed was really comfortable.

Breakfast was really good; it was a buffet style service and was one of the best hotel breakfasts I have ever had.

The hotel has a restaurant but I didn't get the opportunity to visit as I instead opted to eat at St Katharine Docks, which is a short walk away.

All in all a great experience and I only wish I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Executive rooms on the top floors have the best views
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here after a few days in the country. Nice bed, small bathroom. A large person could NOT fit in the shower. Had lots of hot water and good pressure. Had upgraded to a king bed and floor to ceiling Windows. Little did I know the view was to the rooms across from us....nothing to do with London!
Lots of business traffic which seemed to be their main focus.
Would not stay here again as it is uphill from The Tower Hotel and much better views.
As this was our one and only visit to London, I would say perhaps if you are on business and aren't looking for views or tourist things to look at this might be a good choice for you.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Centrally located hotel but at night very quiet. Close to metro station (Tower Bridge) with central line that brings you to the most important sites of London. Our room was spacious (for a London hotel) and clean, as was the bathroom. A bottle of water per person was offered and the much mentioned cookie actually was delicious. Breakfast: we would recommend less choice but more quality. Go early as waiting lines exist.

Stayed: June 2018