DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London
  • Pool
US$ 230
US$ 223
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Hyde Park(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 133
US$ 121
US$ 176
US$ 143
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 165
US$ 255
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 116
US$ 107
US$ 878
US$ 670
6,315 results
All reviewssky loungerooftop bartower hill tube stationnatural kitchencity cafeapple tvdouble treewarm cookiesthe executive loungeon arrivaltop floorweekend breakmodern hoteldecent sizewest endfull englishimac
Reviewed 9 July 2012

we stayed here overnight to watch London marathon in April. Check in was your typical Hilton high standard with very efficient helpful staff clean quite room very comfortable king size bed.

What made our stay memorable was the roof garden restaurant good food and fantastic view of the Thames with Tower bridge lit up. Service was as you would expect for this class of Hotel.

Will return when cheap deals are available

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed here last year when the hotel was called The Mint. I gave it a good review then. It's now a Doubletree by Hilton, but, otherwise, most things are the same. On checking in, I was handed two warm chocolate chip cookies. Very nice.

The room was as I remember it; a decent size with an Apple computer that doubles as the TV. The bathroom was very nice; no bath but a very good quality shower.

We ordered food on room service. There was no menu in the room but when I asked, one was brought without delay. We rang our order through and waited about 35 minutes, which was a bit on the long side. When the food arrived, the server apologised profusely and told me that my glass of wine was still on its way. After I had finished eating, there was a further knock on the door. It was the server. He handed me a full bottle of wine as compensation for the delay in delivering the glass of wine that I had ordered. I was mightily impressed, firstly that he acknowledged there was a delay and secondly, by giving me a full bottle of wine, the situation was addressed - and resolved, swiftly. I really wish other hotels acted like this. Full marks to the server whose name I did not get.

The bed was comfortable and we slept very well.

At breakfast next morning, I noticed that cooked breakfast was now self-served from a buffet. Fried eggs were cooked to order and delivered to the table. The breakfast was very good and it was clear that the food was good quality. We took a long time to sample everything on offer and pronounced the breakfast as one of the best!!

Finally, check out was efficient with no waiting. A first class experience overall!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear 'kenc'

Thank you for returning to our hotel having been a guest when operated under the Mint brand. We truly appreciate your continued support.

Whilst I apologise there had been an issue in your room service items arriving promptly, thank you for your praise of how this had been rectified by the staff member attending to you. We would not expect any guest to have to wait this length of time and I'm pleased this had been recognised and an appropriate gesture made. We’re happy to do it.

Thank you for your other comments regarding breakfast, we do want to offer something for everybody, and as they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day!

Thank you again for coming back to see us,

Kind regards
Amy

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We booked a theatre weekend away for mt 21st Birthday, there was a choice of 2 hotels, my parents picked which hotel we were going to and left it as a suprise of me. When we arrived off the tube (which is 1 min down the road) we did get a little confused as to which was to go but we out the post code in to our phone and it go us there. The out side of the hotel is beautiful, very clean and modern. On entering the hotel the staff were very polite, greeting you and offering help with bags. At checking in we recieved a cookie each (Still warm too) which we all thought was lovely. We were pointed in the direction of our room and you could get to the using the stairs or lift. The hotel lobby was lovely and clean. On the way to the room there are signs pointing you in the right direction of the room numbers. The rooms were card entry. The room was beautiful. A/C and heating, an Apple Mac with free WiFi and freeview with HD channels and all the other lovely little touches. This is the most clean and quiet hotel i have ever been too! The view from our room wasnt great, but we didnt spend a great deal of time in there anyway and there was plenty of light coming in to the room, and for a view all we had to do was get in the lift to the 12th floor (sky lounge) and look out....London Bridge right infornt of you! Everything about the hotel was fab, food, drink, people, rooms, EVERYTHING. The only thing i was say was the drinks in the SkyLounge were very expensive, i had an Amarreto and Coke that was about £9.
I would deffo go here again though!

Room Tip: Between the room we had and the room may parents had there wasnt any difference! we were on the 2nd floor, we had great light and the view didnt matter because at the top of the building you could see loads!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We have stayed at the Doubletree Hilton in Chester recently and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. This hotel in Pepys St was just ok and that's all. We checked in late and the check-in staff were not particularly enthusiastic. We were merely handed the key to our room, we were not told about check out times, breakfast etc etc (check out was fine). We were allocated a room on the 3rd floor and the long uninviting corridors reminded me of a scene from The Shining. We found our room had twin beds and therefore asked to be allocated a double. We were promptly moved to a different floor/room (similar Shining theme) and this too was very clinical in it’s appearance. One picture hung behind the bed but facing us were just large white painted plasterboarded walls – not very appealing. The room was clean and tidy, the beds were comfortable but not the pillows which were very flat (fine for me but not my wife). Positive feedback re the bathroom however which was very nice. No problem regarding location either, a short trip on the underground from Euston and Tower Hill has the Circle and District lines for access around and about. We’ve stayed at Doubletree hotels in the UK and abroad and no doubt we will continue to do so. Whilst I wouldn’t put anyone off this hotel if they had already booked, I wouldn’t recommend it either which is a shame bearing in mind positive experience’s at other Doubletree’s. This particular hotel has had good feedback generally but for us it was “just ok”.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I spent one night here on business having moved from the Novotel Tower Hill across the road. I booked on internet on the day of check-in on the hotel website. There was a short queue at check in but as the reception has numerous staff, the wait was very short. A member of staff met me as soon as I stepped into the lobby, showed me a to a seat and offered me a coffee and cookie whilst we waited for check in. Also I was checking in early before 11am and didn’t expect for there to be a room ready but there was no problem.

Check in was very efficient and the reception staff were very helpful. The room itself, although not large was clean, tidy and modern. My only grudge was the lack of a bath although the power shower was very good. Wifi access was included in the room rate, so although the room rate was more expensive than the Novotel, by the time you added the wifi, the difference was insignificant. The only problem with the room was the lack of mobile phone signal. When I mentioned this to reception, the receptionist came with me to my room to check the signal, offered me another room, spoke to the technical department to check which phone network was best and offered to take my calls through the hotel.

Buffet breakfast was served in the café at the rear of the lobby – not a huge selection but again efficient service and eggs could be ordered. The hotel also has a bar at roof level with an impressive view of the London skyline, a great place for a late night drink.

I had requested a late check out until 2pm due to meetings on my last day. Unfortunately, the meetings overran and I didn’t check out until well after 4pm. However, there was no additional charge although I had expected it.

The only problem with the location is that there are not many places for food and drink open in the evening although St Catherine’s Dock is about 10 minutes walk away. For tourists, the location is very close to the Tower of London and Tower Bridge. Although it's a little more expensive than the Novotel, if you are staying in the City for business and need a central place with good service, I would recommend the Double Tree.

Room Tip: Higher floors may have better mobile phone reception if you are on the atrium side
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business