DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London
V Hotel(London)
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
6,270 results
All reviewssky loungerooftop bartower hill tube stationnatural kitchencity cafeapple tvdouble treewarm cookiesthe executive loungeon arrivaltop floorweekend breakmodern hoteldecent sizewest endfull englishimac
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2012

londonier so far...but still keep the american touch.

this was the my second staying, and probably there will be another one.

Staff on the spot, very Hilton standart (sounds always good).

Tower Hill tube at 3 stonethrows...really nice environment.

WIFI free makes life easier.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danywrap
Reviewed 24 June 2012

The 1 star is lost for 2 things: The breakfast, which was lovely but could've been better - you had only 1 choice of eggs unless you asked, which wasn't advertised, and the rest of the stuff was a little cold and lacking in options. The hotel bar closed at midnight, although the upstairs bar (open to all and with loud music) was open til 1am. For guests who just want to have a quiet drink before bed, it's not great.

The 4 stars are for everything else - really nice friendly staff who are really helpful, spotless rooms that are well turned out with everything you need (tea & coffee are in a drawer), nice TV & computer setup (internet via TV, digital radio, etc), good toiletries without using loads of wasteful packaging, bathrobes, nice towels, etc. The location is brilliant too - right beside the tube and just near the river boat, plus lots of buses. And right beside Tower Bridge and the castle.

I would say the best thing about the hotel is the friendly staff and the cleanliness, it makes such a difference to your stay.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a view of the bridge (not sure if they exist but it's the only one you'd want). Alternatively, ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Double Tree Tower of London is your standard business hotel, located quite conveniently near the Tower of London which makes it walking distance from most offices located in the City. The check in and out process was pretty smooth with minimal waiting. The hotel has tied up with a cab company and you can book a taxi to Heathrow for 75 GBP which is well below what it will cost you if you hailed a passing black cab. The rooms are comfortable, if somewhat small (certainly the one that I stayed in was) but are tended to properly.

Whilst the hotel has its standard compliment of restaurants and bars, there are several others in the vicinity just outside the hotel giving you a wide variety of choices. I love London for its ales and you will get plenty of choices in the pubs that abound in the area. The Sky Lounge on the rooftop is quite superbly set up and the seating area in the open on the roof would be quite nice when the weather is nice (which isnt very frequent in London). The all day in room dining menu tends to be on the limited side and I got into a situation where I got late getting back from office and kitchens in all the restaurants in the area had closed by 10 PM - I was left to forage in the mini bar since I didnt fancy anything from the 24 hour menu. They also offer a complimentary gym which is well equipped and open till pretty late, though there are no instructors so be careful before hefting those heavy weights!

In all, recommended if you are the typical business traveller working in the City.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Maybe this is based upon how busy the hotel was but I was not at all impressed by the service of the frount desk.

We stayed during the River boat pagent so the hotel was really really busy for check in. We tried to check in at 1 but were told no rooms were available. The couple across from us were shown to there room straight away so didnt appreciate that for a start. The assisant who checked us in was not very interested in checking us in again not a good impression.

We left and came back after the pagent to checkin. At checkin I asked for a room with an external view. The checkin assitant said he assigned us a room facing the gurkin. We went to the room and open the door and noticed it was infact an internal room. I went back down explained the situation and I was assigned a another room which again I was told would be external facing. Well to my horror again I was assigned an internal room. At this stage I was a bit annoyed that the checkin assistants obviously didnt know the layout of the rooms at the hotel. After my third attempt a grumpy assistant checked me into an external room near the elevator. Again wasnt impressed. The rooms are still well kept and nice and modern with a comfortable bed but sadly for me the service was severly lacking. Used to be one of my favourite hotels in london but worried that Hilton are starting to make it like the Hilton norm, bland , boring and samey like most of their hotels. I hope not, the hotel was special when it was run by mint always good service with a smile and caring attitude.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2012

What a fabulous hotel. Some of the reviews are extremely positive but I couldn't find a fault here. Stayed here on a Fri and Sat night and the service was first class. We arrived at 11am, only expecting to drop our case off but we were told there was a room available and we could check in - which was brilliant, so we checked in early, were shown to our room and given a warm cookie to enjoy on arrival. The staff at the front desk were brilliant, very helpful and friendly and gave off a great vibe - they really seemed to be enjoying their work.

Hotel was spotlessly clean, no complains here. Our room was lovely. Huge bed and very comfortable - just what you need after all the walking around London. A great aspect of the room was that there was a mac computer, which doubled as a TV, this had free internet access whenever you needed it, very handy for checking out times of shows, events and trains.

Location is really handy, we got a train from the airport into Liverpool Street Station and from there we got two trains - the train to Tower Hill station is only a two/three minute walk away. For shopping you can get the train from Tower Hill to South Kensington and then one to Piccadilly. Where you can walk to Regent Street and then to Oxford Street.

Hotel definitely is first class, would recommend to anybody and would love to stay here again! Great staff and location!!

Room Tip: We didn't ask for anything specific and weren't disappointed
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family