DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London
US$ 228
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 160
US$ 144
  • Restaurant
Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 167
US$ 132
Agoda.com
  • Free Internet
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 120
US$ 108
US$ 1,052
US$ 817
getaroom.com
6,319 results
All reviewssky loungerooftop bartower hill tube stationnatural kitchencity cafeapple tvdouble treewarm cookiesthe executive loungeon arrivaltop floorweekend breakmodern hoteldecent sizewest endfull englishimac
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Great location with friendly staff. Nice modern rooms with good shower and the iMac was a nice touch. Only disappointment was the much promoted free wireless did not extend to rooms at the end of corridors and the staff whilst friendly made no effort to resolve or change the rooms despite two requests and promises to sort out a solution.

2  Thank Julian S
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Dear 'Waspbiter',

Thank you for posting a review and I'm very sorry you had experienced issues in staying connected with the hotel's complimentary wi fi. We would always offer a room move where we can if an issue should persist and I apologise it appears this hadn't been offered to you.

All of our rooms do also offer wired internet access and use of an in room iMac both free of charge, however I do appreciate as with many of our returning guests having wi fi is a much needed bonus to their stay. I'm very sorry again this hadn't been available.

Thank you for your further comments regarding friendly staff and our location which we appreciate, and I hope despite issues with wi fi you would look to return. If ever you know of a future visit please contact us where we can test the wi fi signal before your arrival.

Thank you and I hope the above information will be useful.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 9 June 2012

Stayed as part of a theatre package which was a Christmas present (overnight stay and theatre) which offered great value for money. Wish we had stayed for the whole weekend rather than just the one night.The staff were very attentive from check in to check out. Cocktails in the sky lounge were a good, with a great view thrown in.

Could not really comment on the food as we ate at a restaurant near to the theatre, although the club sandwhich ordered through room service and breakfast were perfectly acceptable.

Room really comfortable with the expected extra's.Despite nearby station no disturbances fom noise at all. I Loved the white company toiletries, whilst my husband was very taken with the IMac TV. Only gripes were that the mini bar was not stocked (not part of the package I think) and the awful little cartons of UHT milk. The welcome cookie was a delicious and unexpected bonus, particularly as I had come straight from work on a day with no lunch.

Great location with easy access to Tower Hill tube station. Good business hotel with amenities that would also suit the leisure market. Definitely worth a repeat visit.

1  Thank Gem012
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Dear Gem012,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay, what a lovely Christmas present!

We hope you enjoyed the theatre (there are so many great shows to choose from), and thank you for taking the time to visit Skylounge whilst at the hotel.

Thank you also for your further comments regarding toiletries and that your husband enjoyed the use of our iMac, some find it hard to leave the confines of their rooms!!

We hope to welcome you back again soon,

Warm regards

Reviewed 8 June 2012

We arrived at the hotel after a transatlantic flight at 7am and did not expect to check in however we were greeted by the friendly receptionist who looked after us very well.

Location plus! Loved the iMac/TV - just great!!

Reception - there were plenty of receptionist at all times.
Concierge - could be friendlier, did not offer to take bags up to room or engage with us. Room for improvement here.
Our room - although this is the entry level of the Hilton brand the room offers you value for money. The only real let down for us was the bed - small and felt very basic.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SW1977

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for offering us your comments. Whilst I can see there were areas you had been pleased with about your stay, I'm very sorry there were other elements that had left you disappointed.

Our guest services team would indeed be encouraged to assist with taking guest's luggage at every opportunity and I'm sorry it appears this had not been offered to you on this occasion and you had felt their welcome could have been friendlier. Your feedback is extremely important to us and we will be taking this on board, our apologies once again.

Additionally I am sorry you found our bed to not be of a high standard. All of our guest rooms will carry a contemporary and modern design however we thank you for your feedback and are sorry for this not meeting your expectations.

We hope you would not be deterred to return to the hotel and if there is anything further our teams and I can assist you with please let us know.

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 June 2012

Had a great stay! This was probably one of the quietest hotels I have stayed at! The room overlooked the Fenchurch Street Station. I saw the trains arriving but, I never heard a single one! The room was very nice and the size was great especially compared to other London hotels. The Apple TV/PC was one of the best hotel amenities! The close location to the Tower Hill Tube station made it very accessible to all of the sights and attractions of London. I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Hello Reviewer,

Thank you for your review of this stay, and I'm delighted you had been so impressed with how quiet the guest rooms are in the hotel.

As with many Cities London is buzzing with activity, which can bring a degree of noise! However we are very proud of how the hotel's design has meant this doesn't have to interrupt guests when they are back relaxing in their rooms. Rather you can enjoy the views, and it appears the City is silent!

Thank you so much for saying that you will return and if there is anything we can assist you with for a future stay do let us know.

Kind regards

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Stayed for the jubilee weekend. There is lots to recommend this hotel - It's spacious and the rooms (even the basic ones) are smart, spotless and full of mod cons - hard to fault it - loved the apple TV/PC combo but the bed was a little too firm for me (I guess its personal preference as my husband loved it) The staff at reception were polite and exceptionally helpful and the dining room staff deserve a medal for coping with the 1000+ guests and producing a real quality breakfast while maintaining a smile. Best fruit salad I've ever come across! The downside is that as it's very business orientated with a large open plan foyer it doesn't have a great ambience and lacks charm and intimacy for a leisure traveller.
The biggest gripe was the "sky lounge" - we booked this hotel because of it's view of the Thames. They advertised it as such but on the day of the pageant they charged £20 to visit this room but told us it was "fully booked" for a party. We were told that hotel guests "may" be allowed in later. Not a great way to treat hotel guests at all.
Lastly we would like to mention that when we finally got to visit the sky lounge my husband visited the bar to order 2 cocktails (at a cost of £22) - added to the bill was a discretionary "service" charge of 12.5%. Feeling that this was excessive under the circumstances of just ordering a drink we asked for it to be removed. Rather than the expected "yes of course" we were treated with silent hostility from a very haughty waitress. It completely let the side down. I'm still giving the service "excellent" rating as the rest of the staff were truly outstanding.

2  Thank 2HappyTravellersUK