“Great Place For Travelers On the Go”
Review of The Rembrandt

The Rembrandt
Ranked #236 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 July 2012

The room isn't huge however it was far larger than I expected. The two of us had more than enough space with our luggage for a weeks stay. Beds were comfortable, rooms were clean. We experienced no noise issues. Our rooms were in the back overlooking an interior set of buildings.

The morning breakfast is positively immense. it's more than enough to tide you over until dinner. You'll need a snack midday but nothing major. The South Kensington Tube is a pleasant four block walk with lots of lovely restaurants in that area.

I would stay here again in a moment.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LauraBC29
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Rembrandt

Reviewed 25 July 2012

I stayed here for one night recently and have to admit I am kind of ambivalent about the place. The lady who checked me in was unfriendly to an extreme and no-one offered to bring my suitcase to my room even though I was travelling alone. The service at breakfast was so so; I had to ask one of the many servers who kept walking past my table to bring some coffee. I asked for a taxi when I was checking out but the person on the desk mumbled something about turning the light on. I didn't quite catch it and he didn't make an effort to ensure I understood so I waited at the front door until a taxi arrived.

Maybe my expectations were quite high because if I stay in a 4* hotel in Knightsbridge then I expect a certain level of service especially if I pay Knightsbridge prices. It just didn't seem like a 4* hotel.

On the plus side the room was nice and fully equipped. The bathroom had a robe and slippers which is a nice touch. The selection at the buffet breakfast was vast and it would be very possible to eat enough to keep you going for the day.

Would I stay here again? Probably not.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank intrepidlady
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Stayed here for one night whilst sightseeing. Very pleased with the room. The whirlpool bath was a nice touch,wasn't expecting that in the bathroom. Breakfast was lovely and there was lots of choice. The only slight downfall which I did mention when we checked out was that at least 5 -6 times during the night there was a strange noise coming from the grill in the ceiling (where the air con was) We had the air con on all night and this was quiet, but the noise from the grill, that lasted about 10 seconds each time was like a grating sound and was loud enough to wake us each time. I'm sure it was only a maintenance issue and will be sorted but it just meant that we didn't sleep quite as well as we could, although the bed was very comfortable. This is the only reason why I rated 4 instead of 5. However I would definately return and stay at the same hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hayjoy
Reviewed 22 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights with my partner to celebrate her birthday. There was a complimentary bottle of wine awaiting us in the room which was very comfortable and peaceful. There was the sound of neighbouring fountain coming through the window making it easy to forget that we were in the hustle and bustle of London.
Breakfast was excellent as was service but the hotel is pricey. Guess that's what you get for staying in such an exclusive spot. Would definately stay here again

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Rhys O
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Stayed at the Rembrandt while visiting London for my 60th birthday celebrations.
Travel from Heathrow Airport on Piccadilly Line to South Kensington - worked very well on the way there, but was very busy on the way back on Sunday evening. however hotel is within easy walking distance from Tube station.
Also very handy for Harrods, Hyde Park, various museums and even for a stroll along to the West End.
Rooms on the small side, but perfectly adequate with all amenities, including iron + board, hairdryer, safe etc.
Room was advertised including "Continental Breakfast" which was very misleading, as full English buffet breakfast was actually included, and in fact was very good, with an excellent variety of different fruits, pastries, ham, cheese as well as bacon, eggs, sasusage etc.
Staff generally very friendly and helpful throughout the hotel (i.e reception, concierge, bar and cleaning)
Overall this was a very good experience which contributed to a successful and enjoyable weekend with my family.

Room Tip: Can't really say - room we had (on 5th floor) was fine, probably relatively quiet as looked out...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family