“Nice hotel”
Review of The Marylebone

The Marylebone
Ranked #65 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I liked this hotel. Friendly people at front desk. Good location, glose to bond street. Very nice room.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Marylebone Hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly pleased that you mentioned the friendliness of our Front Desk Team. We really do care about each and every one of our guests and are always thrilled to receive positive feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Marylebone Hotel.

Deputy General Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Had a great stay in this hotel recently, it really is deserved of its stars. The staff were excellent, every detail was take care of, We had a super room. The atmosphere in the hotel greets you when come in from the busy streets of london with the aroma of designer candels in the lobby. They really go out of their way to make your stay a wonderful experience. The gym and health club attached to the hotel is superb! A real treat for such a central london hotel. This is one of the best hotels I've stayed in when you take in the price difference between this and say five star properties. You get the same service in my opinion. The mini bar was amazing, they even had mini hendricks! The overall room size and decor was great and the whole hotel interior was up to date and luxurious. The breakfast was AMAZING. No scrimping here, super continental buffet and choice of warm breakfast all included if you got for b and b.Tiny gripe: the coffee at breakfast was really bad-but hey lots of coffee shops in Marleybone! Staff were brilliant. Will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in a superior, great size. Ask for a higher floor with a view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Marylebone Hotel.

I am thrilled to read that you had such a positive experience and enjoyed your time with us. We are incredibly passionate about the service we deliver and every time we receive feedback such as yours we know we are moving in the right direction and that our team has managed to go the extra mile to enhance your stay.

I am sorry that our coffee did not make the grade, we have recently upgraded to a new, more exclusive brand and have had a few teething issues getting to grips with the new equipment. I am very confidant that when you return we will be able to make you the perfect cuppa, please look me up as I would be very interested to hear your feedback!

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Marylebone Hotel.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

We stayed a week with the hotel and found it very comfortable. The staff was amazingly friendly and helpful, including front desk, clerks and room service. The design has an elegant taste, in particular, in the common areas of the hotel. The superior room is a bit small and has a small closet for 2 people, but one of us was coming from a long trip, with a lot of luggage, and did require unusual space. The room is functional and has several amenities, including an espresso machine. Wifi internet is available and is included in the rate. It's not very fast but works well for emails and GPS downloads. I particularly liked the restaurant, which has a cozy modern design, friendly staff and, off course, good food. I strongly recommend the sticky toffee pudding for desert. I visited the gym, and looked very modern. Unfortunately time did not allow enjoying it. The location is perfect for shopping as it is walking distance from major streets. Public transportation is also nearby and includes the public bicycles docking stations a few blocs away. A couple of minor problems we have been appropriately dealt with by the management, and I left with the feeling I will not need to look for another hotel next time I go lo London. I do recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bacuri
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Marylebone Hotel.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your week with us, it is always a pleasure to welcome new guests to our hotel and I am just delighted that we ticked all the boxes for you. Our Design Team spends an incredible amount of time perfecting the look and feel of our guest areas to create interesting, yet comfortable and luxurious surroundings for our guests to experience and I know they will be delighted that you commented so positively on this aspect in particular.

I am very pleased to inform you that we are in the process of upgrading our complimentary Wi-Fi to significantly increase speeds for our guests and this project should be completed over the next few weeks. Thank you so much for recommending us and also making us your preferred London Hotel.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2012

stayed for 28 nights , could not have said for more , this is rated a 4.5 star on trip advisor , but i feel it should be rated as a 5 star .
We have always stayed at the radisson berkshire , and this time wanted to change as the rooms there are small for such long stay.
After searching around the nearest option to the radisson berkshire (350 oxford street ) we found the marylebone hotel a 5 min walk .
after getting a prompt and positive reply from the deputy general manager mr . frits potgieter, and front office manager ms. diana rebrik , we went ahead with our booking .

after staying here it will be difficult to change your mind for another property , because for a 4 star rated 200 pounds central london hotel this is too much value for money hotel , i have stayed at cumberland , thristle marble arch , berkshire , compared to all of them this is far superior in terms of service,rooms and breakfast

we made our other family cancell there booking at thristle marble arch to stay here told them its worth that extra pound .

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Marylebone Hotel.

I am absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so much, after 28 days you were most certainly able to review and comment on every aspect of our service and facilities and I am just delighted you enjoyed your time with us.

It is fantastic to know that we will now be your hotel of choice when in London, thank you firstly for giving us the opportunity to look after you and secondly for bringing your family across as well. We very much appreciate and value your custom and look forward to having you return.

I very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Marylebone.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

This is certainly the best stay I have enjoyed at this Hotel ,which I have continuously returned to because of its very convenient position.This time I actually have been so impressed that Ihave even thought it couldbe a model training Hotel for staff .They so eager to please at every station ,from the front desk through to the Concierge as well as the dining room,one almost feels you are their personal guests,nothing being too much.
The rooms are varying in size and shape but the hotel has recently been very stylishly refurbished to include conveniences like kettles coffee machine iron and docking station for iPad (offering free wifi).
The breakfasts are very good and the choice of free newspaper is what my husband particularly enjoyed.
The team leaders especially the Rooms Manager sets an excellent example by being so approachable in every sense even beyond his responsibility in assisting me when I was technically challenged with using my IPad!This is unusual and especially not being part of a big group and just an individual traveller I was even more taken.
The hotelis super conveniently situated and the lounges downstairs are actually used by their guests as they are stylish ,inviting and allow one areas of privacy.The gym too is fantastic according to my children ,an additional extra.
I have returned to this hotel continuously since before it was owned by this Group but can truely say the turnaround has been remarkable and the quality of staff chosen has been very much the contributing factor .Though I am somewhat technically challenged Thisis the only way I could saythankyou to everyone sohencemyreview!

Room Tip: Book directly especially if you are particular !Room Manager could not have been more charming and w...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Marylebone Hotel.

I am thrilled to read that as a returning guest you had a “wonderful” stay and felt that our team was approachable, helpful and “impressive”! As a team we take great pride in offering the highest levels of personal service and each and every one of our team members are totally focused on enhancing our guests’ experiences. It is therefore incredibly rewarding when we get positive feedback which not only serves as a brilliant motivator for our team but also emphasizes to us all the importance of delivering excellent service to our customers.

I am also very thankful of your loyal and continued support over the years; we value your custom greatly, will never take it for granted and promise to do our very best to exceed your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to what is hopefully now your home away from home.