“Best all round hotel in London”
Review of The Marylebone

The Marylebone
Ranked #56 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Best all round hotel in London”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We have been going to this hotel regularly for 6 years. You cannot beat the location of this hotel for proximity to restaurants and shops. It is down a quiet side street in a very central location. The staff are all exceptional and the standard of service, quality of food has improved beyond belief with the new management.
Breakfast is relaxed with a fantastic selection of food. The food at "One 08", their downstairs restaurant is excellent value and top quality. We ate the best scallops and sole the other day that we have ever eaten.
The complimentary gym, pool and steam room are very welcome after a long day in London.
Above all, we love the ambience and personal attention given to us, without exception, by all the staff.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Marylebone Hotel.

I was thrilled to read your review, first and foremost it gives me great pleasure to welcome you back, time and again and I am most appreciative of your continued support over the last 6 years. Thank you for choosing us. It is ultimately down to our people to create our customer experiences and I am always so pleased to receive positive feedback about our service. We promise to keep learning, never take any of our guests for granted and always surround ourselves with a team of people who genuinely care about our customers.

Thank you once again for your kind words, I look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.

Deputy General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Atherton, California
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This hotel is in Marylebone and three blocks from Oxford Street, but it is quiet. Lots of nearby restaurants (5-6 minutes walk). Good gym. Restaurant is fine, but lots of choices nearby.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel and in particular our proximity to Oxford Street with all its brilliant shopping. Whilst we are situated right in the centre of the beautiful Marylebone Village, Oxford Street is literally 5 minutes walk from our front door. I am also delighted you discovered the fantastic facilities at The Third Space, Health club and Spa, which of course is complimentary to all our guests.

Thank you again for writing about us and I hope to welcome you back to the Marylebone Hotel in the very near future.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We stayed at the Marylebone hotel for my husbands 50th birthday weekend in May. The hotel had arranged a bottle of prosecco as a birthday treat and had given us a room upgrade to a Deluxe room which was a lovely surprise.
The check in staff were very polite and friendly, giving a warm welcome and hot towels on arrival.
I had requested a room and in a quiet location (as we are light sleepers) and we were given a lovely room which overlooked a small side street, which was ideal.
The room was in our opinion very spacious for a London hotel, with a Nespresso machine, a large comfortable bed and the bathroom was very roomy with a good shower.
A suggestion for improvement to the bathroom would be that I guess at some point the bathroom door opened inwards (it now opens outwards into the room) as there is a doorstop in front of the toilet which I managed to stub my toe on in the middle of the night in the dark. As the door opens outwards now there is no real need for the doorstop to remain in the bathroom and this could be removed.
We didn’t eat at the hotel as there are so many cafes in the area so I can’t comment on the food.
We used the leisure centre which I must say is extremely well equipped, next time I will definitely bring my gym kit! The steam room is by the pool, but the saunas are in the changing rooms so there is no unisex sauna.
Another suggestion would be to put a water fountain in the pool/steam room area as I found it rather odd that the only water supply I could find was outside the changing room, which is not ideal when you’ve come from the steam room and want a drink. If there is one closer then perhaps it could be signposted?
The leisure set up is very good and they do a range of treatments though we did not have any.
We had a super stay here and would definitely stay again as the hotel has great facilities, is in a superb location and I think is good value for money.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and very appreciative of your recommendation. I am really pleased your husband enjoyed his special day and that we were able to play a part in making his birthday a success!

Thank you for your comments regarding the doorstop, we will definitely have this removed immediately. We always get the very best suggestions for improvement from our guests and promise to listen and learn to improve our service and facilities.

I look forward to welcoming back you to the Marylebone Hotel for your next visit and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to meet you in person when you return.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I stayed for one night and after an exhausting journey, it was such a nice end to a night to get to the hotel. The hotel staff is incredibly friendly, helpful, and the hotel itself is modern but quaint, stylish yet comfortable. The rooms were spacious and clean. The breakfast had a large selection and the service was impeccable. I would definite stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I was thrilled to read your review, “London’s finest” sounds brilliant and whilst we know there are many areas we can always improve upon, your feedback serve as a wonderful motivator for us all.

I am so pleased that you will return and would welcome the opportunity to meet you in person when you return.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We stayed at the Marylebone Hotel from the 8th to 16th June on a holiday to London. Its position just off Oxford Street was a real plus for access to shopping, restaurants, the tube and tourist attractions. At the same time it was extremely quiet in an upmarket residential district. The staff were all fantastic and bent over backwards to help. Raphael and Rahim organised tickets for us, transportation, and help with directions, and Avin helped with the TV. The breakfast buffet was delicious and the wait staff very attentive. Our bed was super comfy, the amenities great and the bottled water and chocolate each night a nice touch. (Would have been good to be able to put fruit and snacks in the fridge though without causing problems with the mini bar items!!) The gym was unbelievably good and only sorry we only got to use it twice!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us; thank you for mentioning Rahim, Avin and Raphael in particular, our concierge team is an enthusiastic bunch who love looking after our guests. I know they will be as thrilled as I am when I share you feedback. We are certainly blessed location wise, with the very best in café’s and restaurants in Marylebone Village with Oxford Street a stone’s throw away. Please let us know the next time you return so we can empty your mini bar and you can use it as a fridge throughout your stay for your convenience. We want all our guests to feel as though they are staying at their home away from home and will adapt our service (and procedures if need be) around our guests’ needs.

I hope to welcome you back to the Marylebone Hotel very soon!