“Excellent hotel!”

Ranked #55 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Athens, Greece
“Excellent hotel!”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during 11/4/12-16/4/12. We were given a top floor (7th) room which we enjoyed very much. It was very quiet, spacious and nicely decorated (chic). The hotel offers many luxurious areas to relax, have a drink or eat. The location was superb, a quiet residential street about 5-10 minute walk to Oxford street (New Bond Street tube station).

All the staff was very helpful and friendly. We were greeted by Martin at the reception when checking in, he made us feel very welcomed and was willing to satisfy any request we had. We were also offered great support by Rahim (Concierge group) who proved to be the highlight of our stay at the hotel as he provided us with directions, theatre bookings, information, all which made our trip unforgetable. He also arranged for our transport to Heathrow in a luxurious and non-expensive way.

Having stayed in many hotels in London in the past, we can easily say that the Marylebone Hotel was the best, thus we will definately book there again in our next trip.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Maria V
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent experience at the Marylebone Hotel.

I was thrilled to read your review and particularly pleased that Rahim and his team on the concierge desk proved to be the highlight of your stay. They genuinely care about our guests and love going the extra mile for each and every one of our customers. I will be sure to pass on your feedback!

Thank you once again for taking the time to write about us, I am most appreciative of your kind comments and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Marylebone Hotel.

Deputy General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Located in my favorite part of London, very helpful, thoughtful staff. First room smelt of smoke. The got me another one an hour or two later, and sent me a bottle of wine to apologise for the inconvenience. Room is spacious and pleasant, good for working and relaxing and much bigger than is common in London. The Fitness Center with pool and steam bath is wonderful.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us even though we got off to a rocky start, it is so important to us that our guests are comfortable and happy with their room and their experience and I am pleased we found a room to your preference. The Third Space, Health club and Spa is indeed a fantastic experience and many of our guests comment on the quality of the facilities and services available to all our residents.

cheltenham
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I have recently stayed at the Marylebone Hotel and for the first time I am finding myself writing a review.

Firstly - I only have a wet floor at home - no bath and not through choice - and so when I go away a bath is a must - however, on checking into the Marylebone - my designated room did not have such a simple item - my room had been booked by a third party. I was met by happy and very helpful staff and when they found out there was not a bath in the booked room - they managed to upgrade me to a de-luxe room with a bath and shower - at no extra charge.

You know the usual thing - away on business - nowhere as good as being in your own home - well, I have to say this was getting close. Large cast iron deep bath - Hansgrohe/Grohe showers - feather soft pillows and duvets - and a bed which was so comfortable - for a change. I took room service as I was travelling on my own and do not like to sit in restaurants on my own - cuisine - excellent - a real treat.

Overall, this hotel is one of the nicest I have stayed in - in London centre - and I have had to stay in many over the years - clean, comfortable and jeans accepted without the "look".

Room Tip: See if you can get a free upgrade to the de-luxe room - third floor upwards
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your positive review and so pleased you posted a review. We place enormous value on our guest’s comments, use it as our most valuable tool to make improvements to our service and facilities and also incorporate it extensively in our employee training programs. It is brilliant to read that you had an “amazing experience” and I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our team.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Easy, friendly check-in and warm towels on arrival a nice touch. Standard room a bit snug but fine for one person. Great facilities in the room including a fab hairdryer! Lovely location and shared areas.

The real downside for me however was the location of my room, right behind the lifts, so I woke every hour during the night. As the main purpose of staying was to sleep ive marked it down.

So avoid room 329 and you should really enjoy your stay!

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Guest,

I pleased you enjoyed your overall stay but in the same breath sorry that you were disturbed by the elevator noise! Whilst there will inevitably some noise emanating from elevator movement it should not have disturbed you to the extent of sleep intrusion and I will be looking into this with our Chief Engineer as a matter of urgency.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Marylebone Hotel, please let me know prior to your return so I can ensure we allocate the perfect room for your next stay.

Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This is a great hotel in a wonderful area of London.
You have Marylebone high Street on your doorstep as well as the Bond Streets.
The rooms themselves can be a little on the small side if you book a single but everything works and it is quiet and central.
the Bar has great life after dark.
The staff are great to deal with and very friendly, a rare thing in London hotels these days.
The steaming hot face cloth upon arrival and the bottle of water as you check out are great touches.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read your review; I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, our staff and the Marylebone area. We believe that the tiny, noticeable touches make all the difference in our guests’ stay and I am so pleased you mentioned it in your review.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Marylebone Hotel and please ask for me when you next arrive, it would be wonderful to meet you personally when you return.