“please let the staff go”
Review of Henry VIII Hotel

Henry VIII Hotel
Ranked #858 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Istanbul, Turkey
“please let the staff go”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

great location,walking distance to the tube and park.Poor breakfast.Not very clean.Staff is ok..they try to be helpful but would not enough.I had a very strange experience never had before anywhere in the world.I came to my room around 1030pm I realised that there's no water in the room.Water from the tab smells bad thus I dıdnt want to drınk from.I go down to lobby to have some water from the dispenser they put in the middle of lobby.It was empty.Ask to the receptionist where I can get some water.You know what!!!!!!!! he answers me I am sorry we dont have any water.Thought he was joking but he was not.Dont know he ambarrassed or not but he try to explain me where the nearest shop is that I can buy water.I went there but the shop was closed.I came back to hotel ask them to send a taxi to get some water for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ghostrider34
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 4 April 2012

When my husband & i arrived staff at reception were very friendly. When we got to our room i was disappointed the rooms are very small & tv is tiny. But the room was very clean and as we were out alot during the day i didnt mind. The breakfast was great, a lot of choice and plenty to eat, my husband was very impressed with the coffee. The bed wasnt that comfortable could have been better. The shower was lovely plenty of power and hot water. I wouldnt rate this hotel a 4* only give it a 3*. It is in a great location with buses & tube stops near by. Hyde & Kensington parks are only around the corner. Plenty of bars & restaurants nearby, only a few minutes from oxford street.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2012

as we arrived at the hotel we were very impressed as we were in london for a friends wedding, when we arrived at reception we were dismayed to realise we werent all on the same floor as requested but instead were scattered around the hotel. then we went to our rooms which were tiny. we would not mind this butwe had booked in advance and on the internet the rooms looked very large hence why my friend booked them for her bridal party, the bride then had to complain to get her room changed as there was no way she could get ready in that room, they then moved her into a larger room more appropriate for a bride. No one seemed to be aware that this was a bridal party but the bride maintains she made them aware of this throughout.
my problem with this hotel is that the advertising is very misleading. nowhere when you are booking does it say or show small room. luckily this did not affect was a lovely weekend.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura-Jayne P
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We arrived at the Hotel at 10 pm after a long day's travel from Norway and had to wait 20 minutes to enter the room as the lock was broken. They must have known about it all day. The room was so small you couldn't open the wardrobe and the bathroom was miniscule. There was laminated flooring very unpleasant. The breakfast was appalling. All in all very disappointing. We stayed in this hotel several years ago and had a really good experience but the rooms have been changed since then and not for the better.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank wandererlux

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Reviewed 17 March 2012

This hotel has many things going for it. The location is close to tube stops, Hyde Park is close, the wifi is free, the breakfadt buffet is lavish. But it really is true that there is no room for the luggage in the room. With two people, the double room was just too small.

• Stayed March 2012