“Night from Hell!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #931 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Night from Hell!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Stayed here 17th April eve of my 50 th birthday as a Jersey Boys package through encore. Booked into room 19 on the third floor of the New Buid. The room was cold on arrival, we switched on the radiator and also switched on a stand alone oil radiator. We got changed and went into the West End for Dinner and to see Jersey Boys. On our return to the Hotel the room was still cold, the radiator on the wall under the window had not come on. The oil filled radiator did not warm the room. We had a cup of tea and got into bed. The bedding consited of one sheet and a thread bear stained blanket that I would not put in my dogs bed. Consequently we were freezing and called reception for more bedding which arrived shortly after our call. We lay awake all night, at 7am I thought I would get a shower only to find there was no hot water! I rang recepetion who said the boiler was not working he would send someone up. Also the TV was not tuned in. My husband and I vacated the room immediatly and went to reception. I was advised the reservation manager was on his way. We had difficuly find a seat to eat our breakfast but a hot drink was very welcome. the reservations manager was very dismissive, he said he had checked the room and the problem was a trip switch to the bolier had failed. He then offerred us a room to use to get a shower however as we had to be at Euston within the hour we could not accept this offer. They took my details and e-mailed me offerring 25% of my bill and 15% off if I stayed at this Hotel again! what an insult! I have now taken my complaint up with Encore who will write to me within 10 days. I would suggest if you are booking to see a show you book your Hotel independantly having reviewed Trip Advisor first.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that they show pictures of on their website, do not accpet untill you have checked`al...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Queenspark_Manager, Manager at Queens Park Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
The Queens Park Hotel is naturally distressed by such negative reaction in regards to your recent stay here, but very much appreciate you taking the time and trouble you have gone to in order to tell us of your stay.
Apologies, there did seem to be a problem with the trip switch and when this was discovered, we attended to the problem right away.
The issue was resolved almost instantly. We offered you 25% of your total stay as a gesture of goodwill.
Kindly note that extra blankets were provided and engineers were called in to investigate the problem with the TV.
I am pleased to inform you that all has been corrected and this problem no longer exists.
Apologies once again and we hope you accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
wolverhampton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

DO NOT STOP HERE! I stayed at this hotel and both myself and girlfriend caught scabbies - confirmed by doctor. It could only have been at this hotel. Manager initially responded saying he would conduct investigation but then heard nothing. BE WARNED!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank steven p
The Queens Park Hotel is naturally distressed by such negative reaction in regards to your recent stay here, but very much appreciate the time and trouble you have gone to in order to tell us of your stay.
I am sorry that you were a victim of bedbugs, but I must clarify that this was not something that you could have got from the Queens Park Hotel.
The exterminators were called in immediately once you had reported this and investigations proceeded in the room you occupied.
Their findings, was that there was no evidence of the bedbugs to have ever have started out in the Hotel and most importantly no eggs were found, suggesting that the cause of these bites you suffered did not occur at the Hotel.

The Exterminator has, for precautionary measures, sprayed the room entirely.
The Exterminator was under the impression that the bedbugs may have latched on to your clothing and/or luggage, which has unfortunately made you victims of the bedbug bites.

The exterminator report confirms that the Queens Park Hotel cannot be held responsible for the bites you suffered, whilst staying at the Hotel, as there is no evidence to suggest this.

Apologies that you had suffered bed bug bites, this is indeed must have been a terrible experience for you.
As the report confirms that the bedbugs did not start off at The Queens Park Hotel, we cannot be held liable for the bites you unfortunately suffered.

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Santa Cruz
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed here 5/23-5/26 in a single room. I didn't expect much, and little is all I got.

The people at the front desk were nice, and I was aptly greeted. The elevators, as others have mentioned, are hilariously small (3 people can shove in there max, or one person with small suitcase). You must still carry your bag up some stairs and through the tiny halls to your tiny room. I was shocked when I saw that my room was smaller than the single dorm room I had back in college, and no where near as nice as the pictures on the hotel's website. I felt claustrophobic and gross in there. The bed (twin) sagged in the middle, all the linens/ towels were very dingy - absolutely horrid compared to the pictures online (I did not wish to use them), the walls were scuffed and you could hear everything through them, the tv had many imperfections, there was no in-room wi-fi available (even for purchase), there was no lock on the inside of the door and no hinge to keep it from slamming shut (the halls could be quite loud if people were in/out of the rooms a lot). There was construction outside, and my neighbors were quite rowdy. The bathroom was nice and modern, but had a strange, almost chemical odor.

It was nice that the hotel is right down the street from the park and that there are many shops and transportation nearby. That's about the only nice thing about staying here.

For the price (~$70 US/night) I was expecting the room to at least look like it did on the website. I must say that, in my experience, you can get a heck of a lot more for that kind of money in other major cities around the world. For instance, you can easily get a decent room with a queen bed in San Francisco near that price.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
The Queens Park Hotel is naturally distressed by such negative reaction to the duration of stay here, but very much appreciate you taking the time and trouble to appraise us of your recent stay here. I perfectly understand and would like to tell you a little about the circumstances involved.

The Elevators at the Queens Park hotel are admittedly small, however, this is due to building restrictions. This Hotel is non purpose built, therefore, the elevators which were installed some years ago, had to adapt to the building.
However, I can assure you that we have never experienced problems with the elevators and furthermore, they are serviced regularly to ensure safety to all our guests.
We are currently seeking ways to add a larger elevator and hopefully we should be confirming a brand new elevator installation soon.
With regards to the room size, London is a very highly populated area, and due to this, room sizes are somewhat smaller than their counterpart in Europe. This is particularly so in Central London.
Apologies that the TV was not working properly, there were some signal probelms reported during your stay, however, I would like to clarify that this has now been rectified and this problem no longer exists.
The Wifi connection is now stronger than ever, we have had several more boosters installed and can assure you that we have no further issues.
Apologies regarding the towels, I have spoken to the HouseKeeping department and they will be speaking to the Laundry Company. Of course, we do not tolerate unsatisfactory linen/towels. This is certainly not the norm at the Hotel.
I assure you there is no construction at the Hotel, whilst you had stayed at the Hotel, there was scaffolding outside, which has now been taken down. This scaffolding was used to paint the exterior of the Hotel.

I do hope that this explanation (which should not be misconstructed as an excuse) has shed some light, and that the guests will accept our deep regrets and apologies for any unpleasantness they had suffered.
Newcastle Under Lyme
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel wile visiting London to go see the show Jersey Boys. The hotel is opposite Hyde Park and within a short walk to either Bayswater & Queensway Tube Station. Also it only a 30 walk to Oxford Street.

Rooms in the hotel are clean but are very small and all have LCD Tv's. Again bathrooms are small but they have everything you need. Would not like to stay there anymore than 2 nights

The breakfast was good, hot and edible, the only thing is they dont have a bar, so we ended up buying in wine and drinking it in the dining room.

So pritty good hotel, with good links into the city, but only ok for one or two nights

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends