“Old English charm in the heart of Bayswater”

The Royal Park - A Roseate House Hotel
Ranked #76 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Austin, Texas
“Old English charm in the heart of Bayswater”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Hotel is just a two min walk from Paddington tube/train station and Lancaster Gate (either direction). I found it to be very close to a lot of good restaurants and quiet at night. I was traveling with my husband and son and we were provided with a baby cot that was comfortable. My only critique is that sometimes I would hear the pipes "screech" when we would turn on the hot water in our bathroom sink. I guess they have old pipes but the hotel is lovely. We stayed in an executive suite and had a king bed. Comfy bed and sheets.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
nelly l, General Manager at The Royal Park - A Roseate House Hotel, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your positive comments and please accept our apologies for the squeaky pipes. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I booked the RPH as I was traveling as an American/single woman who needed a place to stay in London after my trans-Atlantic flight, arriving in at midnight and anticipating jet lag. I was hoping for an affordable but "English"-feeling hotel that was quiet, safe, clean, and ideally cozy. I was also taking the Heathrow express train to Paddington station and wanted to be nearby. (I have done this same routine in the past and been disappointed with expensive hotels that were run-down/depressing and noisy.) The RPH far exceeded my expectations. The room was outstanding. The bed was so comfortable I am still thinking about it! The bathroom was newly renovated with a luxurious bathtub and towel warmers. The room had lovely antiques and decorations. The service was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast (served in my room) was affordable and elegantly presented, with a morning paper. Wireless access was included. When I left, the kind porter actually gave me improved directions on how to get to my destination. I cannot speak highly enough of this experience, and the rate was extremely competitive. Also, you can walk not only to Paddington station, but also to the Central line from their front door, so very convenient. Wonderful experience and this will be my London hotel in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank WindyCityLawyer
nelly l, General Manager at The Royal Park - A Roseate House Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear guest,

It was a pleasure looking after you. I am so glad that you felt at home at the Royal Park. Come back soon!
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We picked this hotel based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and it did not disappoint us. Helpfull and friendly staff, perfect sized rooms and bathroom. The beds were good to sleep on, no noise from traffic in the area, close to two subways ( with several lines ) and close to the park.

I would recommend this hotel to any one going to London

Room Tip: We picked a room towards the back of the hotel, but not sure if that helped. Quiet street.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anders80
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback, I will make sure to pass on your kind comments to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 19 February 2012

After experiencing hotels for about 20 years in London, I might have found one where i will return. Good location, very good and attentive staff (we arrived late and the persn in charge of the night shift was really helpful and friendly, kudos), clean and nice room. The breakfast was nice too. There is a nice lounge with a fire - great atmosphere for a drink. You might be able to negotiate an upgrade (same price but better room), at least you should try!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BernieBird
nelly l, General Manager at The Royal Park - A Roseate House Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your feedback, I'm glad that the Royal Park ticked all of your boxes. We look forward to welcoming you very soon.
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 9 February 2012

My adult son and I were in London to visit other family members in the UK. We found the Royal Park to be a lovely hotel in a very convenient location near Hyde Park (for beauty and a healthy jog) and Paddington station (for seeing London and day trips outside the city). Although we arrived at the hotel two hours before check-in, fully exhausted and disheveled by the long flight from San Francisco, we were happily surprised to find our room ready to accommodate us. (We were lodged in one of the Executive Twin rooms.) The entire hotel is decorated with a lovely, understated polish, not the usual visual assault of hotel fru-fru; and the general palette of our room was a warm golden color - a most welcome contrast to the gray skies of London! The staff was uniformly cordial, the room quiet, and the beds comfortable, but what we really relished was the arrival of a splendid English breakfast each morning, delivered to our room by two cheerful waiters.
I will definitely be staying here again.
Carolyn (65 yrs.) and adult son (35 yrs.)
Palo Alto, California

Room Tip: Our 4th floor room overlooking mews was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 32849Louise
nelly l, General Manager at The Royal Park - A Roseate House Hotel, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Dear Carolyn,

Thank you for taking the time to write this glorious review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.