“Class Act”

London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square
Ranked #356 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 April 2012

This hotel property is a class act. From the door men to the front desk workers my husband and I were made to feel welcomed and that our business was appreciated. Our room was immaculate, modern and quiet. The hotel staff were friendly and professional. I would recommend this hotel and will definetly stay here again when in London. On a side note the hotel is just around the corner from the U.S. Embassy so for any fellow Americans living in the UK and needing to travel up to London for embassy business this is THE place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

Hotel is in a very convenient location. After initial problems with wireless, everything was great. The gym was adequate, the lounge was very good. Best of all was the service and friendly greetings from all the staff. You make Marriott proud

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at the Marriott London Grosvenor Square Hotel April 2-6, 2012. The location is great! My kids (7 and 9) walked down to Buckingham Palace, as well as to Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby as well. Just a couple of blocks from the Bond Street tube station, it was easy to get around to other parts of London as well. The rooms were spacious. The staff were great, finding an available room for us, even though it was well before check-in time, and we made full use of the concierge for advice on getting to places, and particular sites to see. It was a great trip!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I stayed at the Marriot Grosvenor Square Hotel for a business trip. Upon arriving I was told that I did not have a reservation at their hotel. When I gave them my passport and my name again and asked them to please check again. I was then told - OH I have a reservation under a MRS. To which I said YES, I AM MRS (insert my full name). To which the very rude receptionist named TINA said no this is a typo you are not married and proceeded to change all of my information in the system. When I said No I am married and my name is MRS. (INSERT FULL NAME). She refused to change it back. I said whatever and accepted my room key. Just to find that she had put me in a non-corporate room that I had booked right next to the elevator. I had to later switch rooms because it was so loud and not the type of room that my company books through this hotel. I then asked another person at reception to change my name BACK to Mrs... and it wasn't changed.

None of the rooms have the same amenities. And if you look young you get treated with zero respect apparently. EVEN IF YOU ARE THERE ON BUSINESS. Also, it is a very expensive hotel and if you want internet there you have to pay an extra 50 pounds a day to have internet. TOTAL rip off for average rooms and ignorant service.

Room Tip: If you do not like your room demand to get a new one until you do get a good room. None of them have...
2  Thank irish2482
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Stayed last week and it is very nice. It's in a good location and the food is excellent. But rooms are a little small.

Room Tip: Go for third floor not lower