“Mid week break”

Ranked #622 of 1,068 Hotels in London
London, England, United Kingdom
“Mid week break”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for three days + two nights during the olympic games. We were not attending the games and were instead taking advantage of some cheap theatre deals. On arrival (we were early) the hotel staff allocated us a room which unfortunately was very small. We spoke to the concierge and immediately were moved to another room which was much more comfortable. The room we stayed in had modern decoration and a lovely bathroom which you could tell had been recently renovated. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning was fantastic. There was tea/coffee making facilities and a tv with various free channels. We chose to include breakfast with our booking and I can not recommend this more, the breakfast was more than one person could eat ! We started with fruit, cereal, toast, tea, cooked breakfast and Pastries ! The rooms were very quiet and we heard little noise other than the occasional person dragging their suitcases around with them. There are stairs at the hotel however there was also a very good lift should it be needed. All in all I was very pleased with our stay, the location was great with a bus stop outside and tube station within 2 minutes walk, very conveniently located and can not compliment the lovely staff highly enough ! Many thanks Mr & Mrs T xx

Room Tip: When booking ask for a bigger room/suite, rather than smaller basement room.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MrsTLR
Nichola R, General Manager at Best Western The Cromwell, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Due to the layout of the hotel, our room size does vary, however I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations by moving you to a room that was suitable for your needs.
I am pleased that you enjoyed our central location and found our team to be friendly and helpful.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Nicki
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Amlwch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Stayed here during the Olympics.
Our room was upgarded from basic to one with a lovley terrace facing the greenery in the back garden, with table & chairs.

The location is fantastic, walking distance to the event in Earls court and Hyde Park. tube over the road, bus stop outside the door.

Room was small, but compact with everything we needed, we were hardly ever in it anyway, bed comfortable, shower worked well, and all clean condition.

We didn't have breakfast becuase it was far cheaper over the road in one of the cafe's.

The staff were lovely, from check-in to check-out and were very polite & friendly with our questions.

I would highly recommend a stay here, well done The Cromwell!

Room Tip: Be cheeky and ask for an upgrade if possible.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your five star review and for the positive comments about your experience during your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you found the hospitality to be excellent and the team to be friendly and helpful.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our central location in the heart of Kensington. With public transport just on our door step and numerous local attractions within walking distance, our hotel is the perfect place to stay!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind Regards,
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Let me start by saying all the staff I met was exellent and verry helpfull in fact an example for all other hotelstaffs (I suspect they have a special training and coaching?).
We where to early to check inn and wanted to leave our bags in the bagage room, but rightaway (I think the name was Birgute ;-) checked if there was a room ready(without asking for it!).
And yes there was a room ready for us! Like all other hotelrooms in London who are small was this room also a little bit small but to my suprise the decoration was verry tastefull a bathroom you can compare on today's needs.Every detail in the room was tought about,and as extra we had a cosey balcony outside our room. If Best Western keep up this service and standards they can count on me that I always book here again when I have to travel to London!
To the entire hotel staff thank you,thank you,thank you, and keep up the good work!!!

Room Tip: Also very good location for transport with bus and tube!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Tommella
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us and that in particular you found the staff to be amazing. I feel really proud that our team exceeded your expectations. I know they will be extremely happy when they read your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Take Care,
Casteau, Belgium
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I was in another hotel when the power went off at 1130 pm. I got my bags and walked over to this hotel. They were able to get me in with a decent rate. The room was nice and clean, ac too! The hotel has a bar and also serves breakfast. It is a smaller size hotel so there were not a million people roaming around, no line to check out either. The hotel is right across the street from the Gloucester Road Tube station so it was convenient to get into the heart of the city. Great location and great price. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank KWarner
AndreLondon_England, Deputy General Manager at Best Western The Cromwell, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Dear Guest
I am sorry to hear about what happened to you at the other hotel. Not nice when something like this happens 11:30 at night.
So glad that we at Best Western The Cromwell could help you to make your stay in London a more enjoyable one.
We are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel.
Lakewood, Ohio
Reviewed 15 August 2012

1st the good: the location is not to be beat. the underground is across the street with 3 rail stations in there, the dble decker red public buses are rught in front and the open dble decker tour bus tour stop is in front of the train station
tons of good, xtra good, average resturants with a small block or 2 blocks; plus small green grocher and wine and beer stores plus 2 great museums with 2 blocks.
Harroods is just up the street one way and hyde park up the street the other way
the staff is nice, friendly, and truthfull
2nd the bad; if you cannot not do steps this is not the place for you it is possible to stay her is you can manage just a few steps becasue they do have 1st fl accomidations on the garden side(perferred)
the room maids are not overly diligent in they jobs. we finally had our sheets changed after 7 days. i did expect a little more.
and the matteresses on on the way to being finished very soon
i would stay here again because the location which is paramount in london was perfect but would discuss the other negatives up front with the staff

Room Tip: be sure to request garden side because it is pretty and very quiet the front siide has lots of traff...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cschwind
Nichola R, General Manager at Best Western The Cromwell, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and four star review. I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us, and found us to be good value for money in all areas. I am pleased that you enjoyed our central location and found our reception team to be friendly and helpful.

Bed linen should be changed every third day unless requested otherwise by our guests. I have passed on your comments to our Head Housekeeping whom will be investigating the matter further.

I am delighted you found our Garden Rooms to your liking. They are the perfect home away from home - offering peace and tranquillity!

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.