ibis Styles London Gloucester Road
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 294
US$ 387
US$ 299
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 211
US$ 249
US$ 224
galahotels.com
1,399 results
All reviewstube stationgarden roomthe royal albert hallnatural historyrooms are smallpiccadilly linehyde parkheathrow airportexcellent locationbus stopwould stay againbooked this hotelshort stayhotel is situatedbreakfast was includedfull english breakfastyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed at Best Western The Cromwell for a weekend in mid april 2012. I got a spacious room, with great bathroom. The hotel seemed well maintained and it was clean. The reception staff were friendly and helpful.

This hotel is arpox 100 meters from the Gloucester station on the Piccadilly line. This line takes you to the Piccadilly cirkus and to the Heathrow airport. I had a perfect stay here and will not hasitate coming back. Nearby the hotel there you will find both traditional English pubs and nice restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank FrankAre
Nichola R, General Manager at ibis Styles London Gloucester Road, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review.

I was delighted to read your positive comments regarding your stay with us. It is really nice to receive feedback from our guests and I will pass this on to our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 23 April 2012

The location is great... Plenty of restuarants within a couple of minutes walk and tube station literally across the street. Rooms are very clean and very functional which is fine by me because I only need a place to sleep. The staff was very helpful anytime we needed anything.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank James M

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your glowing report of the Hotel. It is very motivational for the team and I to see such positive comments.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Kind Regards,
Nicki Ristow

Reviewed 21 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night with our twelve year old grandson and our room was very clean and the reception staff, friendly and helpful. Our room was in the basement and as an extra bed had been made out of a settee for our grandson we found the room rather cramped, having to squeeze between his bed and ours to get into bed. During the night we could hear walking up and down in reception above us and whistling and talking at around 2am. Despite the ideal location for the Natural History Museum which we visited the hotel was only average. We could not use the free internet access as there was no way of connecting due to being in the basement.

Room Tip: I would have preferred to use the Holiday Inn next door but they were unable to provide a family room for three people, having used it before the sleep quality had been better (quieter).
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank emilymary99
Reviewed 18 April 2012

None of the rooms have safety bars in the showers (no tubs). Some of the rooms are accessible at the top of a stairway with the door right at the top leaving the client reaching up to push open the door while holding luggage. Very limited bellhop service; slow small elevator. Climate controls did not seem to alter conditions in the rooms. Only breakfast is served in the "dining room", it is quite adequate in spite of filler tasting sausages. Chef Eric prepares excellent fried eggs on request, they are a better choice than the buffet table scrambled. The dining room staff are friendly and attentive; the desk staff vary in manners. Many of the staff have limited English ability, knowing another language helps. The building entrance has steep steps without a bannister, and they are slippery when wet. Clearly not a recommended hotel for older guests.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We always strive to exceed customer expectations and I am sorry that we let you down on this occasion.

Due to the layout of the hotel, our rooms do vary in size and location. There are a small number of bedrooms that are located "in between floors", however a Hotel Porter is on duty 24 hours to assist with luggage and to provide any assistance needed. Access to the hotel is via a few steep steps. This is an area we are looking into and hopefully we will be able to improve the access to the hotel.

I am glad Eric and the breakfast team looked after you in the early mornings. Having a good breakfast always helps the day start on a good note!

Once again I would like to thank you for your comments. I do hope you will consider staying with us again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Recently spent 10 days at this hotel and only continued staying there because the booking was prepaid through a 3rd party - it would have been a real hassle changing accommodation. The room was the smallest I have ever stayed in during my global travels - the bathroom was poor and the toilet cracked. The shower (over the bath) did not reach garden hose strength and the bath was not adequate for a 6 footbtall man. The sheets had evidence of historic stains and remained unchanged for a number of days and did I mention how small the room was!!!!! This was a single room masquerading as a double because it had a double bed - there was no room for the luggage, so we were required to pack up our clothes every day. And we could only access three TV channels which were all news channels, and noone gave me a satisfactory explanation why i could not access the 12 channels indicated in the Room booklet. Housekeeping was generally poor and primarily consisted of making the bed. On the positive side the staff were generally ok with good service from Martina at breakfast, which was also generally good. Proximity to Gloucester Road Tube Station was a redeeming feature.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank RonandLana
Nichola R, General Manager at ibis Styles London Gloucester Road, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. I am especially concerned that you found the housekeeping standard poor. We take extra care in ensuring the cleanliness of our rooms and public areas. For long stay guests, bed linen is changed every third day unless requested more frequently. All bedrooms are fully cleaned daily unless a Do Not Disturb Sign is placed on the door.

Unfortunately due to the digital change over, we did experience problems with our televisions. This matter has now been resolved.

I would like to apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay with us. I do hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Kind Regards,