All reviews cardinal suite signature suite fulham road south kensington wedding night restaurant downstairs romantic weekend quiet neighborhood the general manager afternoon tea continental breakfast a lovely stay single room luxury chelsea mirror basement
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Once quite a fashionable London hotel, this place is now a bit of a dump.
Staff are very attentive and keen to assist however.
If you like black paint and gold, with a sombre tone to the premises, like a 70's disco, this is the place for you.
The breakfast room is freezing - carefully guarded by a closed door with a member of staff on standby to screen your entry.
Our room was freezing and had to call for a floor heater
Attention to detail is poor - both days at breakfast, food was served on chipped plates that were stained - really? Is the Manager asleep at the wheel?
Carpet on the stairs worn thru to the threads

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank RabaulUSA
BlakesHotel, General Manager at Blakes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear RabaulUSA

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us at Blakes, and that we let you down so badly.

As you know, London and the rest of the UK experienced a rather unusual cold snap in the weather, and we found this very difficult to deal with at Blakes, measures are being put in place to ensure this does not happen again next winter.

Chipped crockery is not acceptable anywhere, especially at Blakes, and I will be speaking to the managers to ensure we have enough stock not to allow chipped items to go out on the floor. We have a new restaurant team just starting, which I am sure will take the whole restaurant and bar experience to a new level, which I know is needed.

Please let me know should you ever wish to return to Blakes, so I can personally take care of your reservation to ensure you leave with fonder memories.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

From start to finish the experience was fantastic.
Super friendly helpful staff, with a real feeling of luxury.
Would absolutely recommend if you’re looking for something special.
It smells great too!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Simon R

Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review.

We are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us at Blakes, and that your interaction with the team was positive. The team really love taking care of our guests, nothing is ever too much trouble.

Next time you come to stay, let me know so I can pop one of our grapefruit candles in your room., so you can take the smell away with you.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I can’t help but love it here. I just feel like James Bond and that is no exaggeration.

The staff here make you feel the business, no request is too great or too small - we stayed here for 2 nights in the summer and rarely left the hotel at all. We didn’t need to!

The house burger is incredible - and pasta dishes are a tasty of Italy! I will return again next year when I’ve saved my pennies.

Stayed: June 2017

Dear Stevie T

Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review, the team are overjoyed with your comments.

I am very happy your stay was everything you wished for, we will continue to make more improvements over the coming months, to ensure all guests leave with the same experience.

I hope we see you at Blakes very soon Mr Bond, your martini will be waiting.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

2nd time staying. Rooms have changed. Bit more bland that I remember, but hotel still exudes personality and charm. Think luxury boarding house with en-suite bathrooms. The restaurant serves delectable Mediterrenean - grilled pork chop with tomatoes. The bar boasts titillating cocktails as well as expertly mixed classics - Vieux Carre.

Stayed: November 2017

Dear DaveB

Welcome back to Blakes, please do not leave it so long next time.

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in our little house in Chelsea, and it still has charm and personality that you remembered, this is something we feel very strongly about, and have a wonderful team in place to ensure all guests have the same experience.

I am very happy you enjoyed our new restaurant and bar, our head chefs Mariano and Peter have created a wonderful menu, and are adding new dishes to it very often, so you must come back soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

The staff are super attentive, when you go into the hotel, the staff helps you with the luggage and the check-in staff was also very friendly. This is a boutique hotel that is cozy with style. I love the green marble bathroom and also the decoration of the room. Rooms were clean and this is also a quiet neighborhood so great for light sleepers like myself.

However, this is not an SPG hotel (even though I booked it from my SPG app). I'm a business traveler with Platinum 100 status (over 100 nights/year), and given this is my first stay at a "Design Hotel" series, I was not aware that many of the Platinum benefits such as room upgrade and late check out did not apply. This was a learning for me. However the hotel staff did it's best to allow me a 4pm check out, and I really appreciate that as my flight out of Heathrow is at 9pm, I would hate to wonder around on a snow day with a luggage. As I said, great service.

Overall this is a great boutique hotel if you like a different setting with good service. But if you are an SPG regular and expect the same amenities, you should do some more research and have the right expectations.

Room Tip: They have a good restaurant, suggest you make reservations
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank ToneTone88

Dear ToneTone88

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review.

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Blakes, and that you really appreciated the design of Blakes, and the homely feel we have created.

The staff are the main reasons why we have so many repeat guests, and I am happy your interaction with the team was a positive one. We spend a lot of time nurturing the team, to empower them to go above and beyond what the norm is in most hotels, to ensure all guests leave Blakes with fond memories.

I hope we see you at Blakes very soon.