4,638 results
All reviews gloucester road tube station business lounge stayed at the holiday inn the natural history museum executive room piccadilly line huge hotel albert hall busy hotel high floor heathrow airport tesco express excellent location convenient location hyde park rooms are small west end
Reviewed 14 October 2017

To those of you who regularly visit London I suppose a 12.5% service charge is no surprise but it was a shock to me, up from the country, to find myself paying £9.01 when I walked up to the lounge bar and bought a pint and a half of (lousy) lager. Shocked at the price I asked the barman for a receipt (I thought he was defrauding me) only to find that a service charge of £1.01 had been added to the actual price of £8.05. Broken down, it was £5.25 for the pint and £2.80 for the half meaning that on the half I had been charged the equivalent of £5.60 per pint for not bordering a full one. That's an increase of 6.6% for nothing!
On top of that rip off I was charged another £1.01 for his "service" which took about 90 seconds to complete, including taking my money!
incidentally, the small writing on the table menu describes this as a discretionary service charge but does not make it clear that the discretion is at the behest of the hotel and not with the customer.
Other than that the hotel was very good and served an excellent breakfast.
But if you order anything in the bar (food included) be ready for that 12.5% extra for service plus another 7% if you just want to drink in moderation.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jean Claude M, Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hotel, we are so pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your valuable feedback, we will address this issue with our Food and Beverage Director.

We hope you will visit us again very soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Ok hotel but a bit overpriced - even by London standards. Facilities pretty standard but with adjoining pub (which wasn’t that inviting so didn’t use).

1000 airline staff staying (according to one pilot) which made everything a bit busy / noisy, but not sure if that’s normal.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Jean Claude M, Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear Stephen M

Thank you for submitting a review of our Hotel, we do value your feedback.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Excellent for Hyde park, short walk to Kensington gardens and tube just round corner (Gloucester road). Good check in and room ready on morning. Great views as there are 27 floors. Lifts very quick. Clean room and ideal size for one or two nights. Breakfast good value and plenty of space especially if dining early. Pub attached and bar and coffee shop on site. Gym also on site. Plenty of shops and restaurants near. Late check out was free as offered to join the holiday inn club which gave us another two hours for free. Staff all very friendly and helpful. Wi if was fine.

Room tip: Floor 14 and above
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us, and we enjoyed reading all your positive comments.

Please come and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

The Holiday Inn Kensington Forum facility is the nicest, most convenient, and well staffed Holiday Inn that I have ever stayed at in all my years of travel (and I am a Spire Elite member). It surpasses most of the Crowne Plazas that I have stayed at in virtually all aspects. I will ALWAYS stay at this Holiday Inn whenever I am back in London. It sets "the standard" for which all Holiday Inn properties should aspire. Also, easy access to a nearby Tube Station and wonderful restaurants and cafes within walking distance if you do not want to eat at the Hotel (which otherwise has a good restaurant and fantastic Pub).

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your experience we are indeed flattered! We take great pride in offering extraordinary experiences to each and every one of our guests. With that said, thank you again for letting us know how we’re doing.

Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed on the start of a cosmos tour. The room was small but ok the hotel is close to the tube And Kensington High Street and not that far to the natural museum and the Victoria and Albert museum .

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jean Claude M, Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you for reviewing our Hotel, we do hope you will visit us again very soon.