The hotel itself is very lovely and in a very convenient location -- although it's worth noting that the area directly around Gloucester Road station has gone downhill, fast. The lobby is beautiful and well-appointed. The lifts are fast, but useless -- all but one time when we boarded we were taken past our floor and had to ride all the way to the top, and then ride all the way back down, stopping at every other floor, to collect more passengers. The door sensors need to be checked as the lift doors slammed shut on me one time even though we'd only just arrived at ground floor level and were still in the process of getting off. The room was well-appointed although they've opted to lock-down TVs so all you can do is look at a few TV channels (very annoying). The hotel has a chronic problem with their use of slider-doors in lieu of real doors in the bathroom. Having stayed here in the past and dealt with a noise-issue related to them, I was disappointed to then experience the problem of the door falling off the rail and not being able to shut properly. When we called through to have this replaced, first Concierge was rude to us, and then when maintenance came to complete it, they were rude to us as well! The door was ultimately fixed. We noted with frustration that the cleaners had been to our room but had only added a bottle of water to the room, and did nothing else -- they did not clean, tidy, empty the bins, refresh anything at all -- so we had to track down a cleaner and ask for more supplies for the room. Overall it was a real let-down from our previous stay which we rated as 'Excellent'. I can't say it was Average in terms of all hotels, but for an IHG property, this was a real let down, and management should be aware as we were treated poorly by your staff on a number of occasions. The lifts need to be looked at/sorted, and a refurbishment to remove the ridiculous bathroom doors should be a top priority.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect option for business or leisure the Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum sets the standard for hotels in Kensington. Stroll to Gloucester Road Tube Station, your gateway to the sights of the city. Enjoy the hotel s close proximity to Harrod's, the Royal Albert Hall, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres, the Natural History, Science and V&A Museums and Kensington Palace. As the tallest Holiday Inn Hotel in Europe, our 27-floor and 906 bedroom hotel offers modern bedrooms with stunning views of London from our higher floors. The hotel also offers a choice of suites and accessible rooms (one with hoist). All rooms are equipped with high speed Internet and Wi-Fi connectivity is available in the public areas. The hotel's carpark has 76 spaces and there is a 24-hour fitness room. Holiday Inn Kensington Forum offers its guests a choice of three restaurant and bars whether you want to relax with dinner, grab a quick snack or enjoy a pint of traditional British beer. The Academy offers 13 meeting and event rooms for up to 300 people, all with natural daylight, high-speed Internet and unlimited Starbucks tea and coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Kensington Forum
- London Holiday Inn