“Great but ......”

Ranked #483 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Hong Kong, China
“Great but ......”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The hotel room is of reasonable size with standard equipments. I am glad that the small fridge is empty so I could put milk, bread, ham etc. which I bought from nearby supermarket there and it saved a lot of money. Room is clean. Most of the staff are friendly, except this really bad experience - the staff at the Concierge didn't look up and asked me to "go ahead" to say what I wanted to say i.e. asking a question. I felt it was quite weild and didn't speak until he looked up. His attitude during the conversation made me feel being "put down". I reflected this incident to the night-shift manager, whom later reported to me that that staff is, in fact, one of the best in the hotel! The manager did apologize. However, I didn't expect this would happen in a "not cheap" hotel, and believe the manager could handle this incident in a more sincere manner.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
B F, Guest Relations Team at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, 17 June 2012
Dear Wing Han C
Thank you for you feedback. I can assure you that Customer Service and Guest satisfaction are amongst our top priorities, so please accept my apologies if we failed to meet your expectations in regards to this matter during your stay. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in our Hotel next time you are in London. Thank you once again for your time and candor. Kind Regards, B Foster
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (760)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

It was my dad's 60th birthday this year, so we thought it would be nice for my parents, my partner, and myself to all head down to London for a special weekend away. Sadly the 'Secret 4 Star Hotel' from Lastminute happened to be the Holiday Inn Forum, where 'two double rooms' means 'two twin rooms'.

After spending an excruciating amount of time checking in (goodness knows what Paolo the receptionist was up to: perhaps he was performing a credit check on my mum, or updating his facebook, or working on a complicated DNA analysis) we arrived in our tiny rooms. My parents found that their room didn't have an ironing board (ours did) nor a fridge (then again, ours had been switched off- four star indeed!)

I had an ok sleep in my tiny little single bed. In the morning I put the sign on the door saying that we didn't want the room cleaned, but the cleaner came knocking on the door anyway shouting "YOU WANT YOUR ROOM CLEANED?" "no thanks" I said. "OKAY BUT I HAVE TO COME IN YOUR ROOM AND PHONE RECEPTION!" I let her into the room, a bit puzzled as I thought 'do not disturb' meant 'leave me alone, I'm in bed!' but never mind. I was up anyway, and thankfully my partner and I weren't trying to get saucy in one of the single beds (he was at the gym).

I think it's pretty rich that the hotel manager has commented on the review below saying "sorry our breakfast didn't suit your budget" as if they're serving freshly poached eggs and smoked salmon and champagne. Do you really want to pay £12 for a bowl of cereal and some congealed bacon from a buffet table when there are lots of wonderful places nearby where £12 could be better spent? Cuckoos Bakery is a short walk along the road, plus plenty of lovely French cafés. Heck, there's a pub across the road from the hotel that does a full English for a fiver: freshly made too, not something that's been sat on a buffet table all morning under the heat lamps.

To cap it all off, I think I may have lost a running shoe at the hotel. However I can't be sure as all of my emails and phone calls have been ignored.

The hotel is in a wonderful location (get the tube to Gloucester Road) but it's really nothing special. If you want a romantic break, avoid this joint like the plague: unless you enjoy sleeping in separate beds with maids bursting in on you at 9am.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
GuestRelationsLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Dear jporter 21,

I thank you for your candid review on your recent stay with us. Please allow me to offer you my sincere apologies for any inconvenience we may caused you, your feedback is very important to us and I really appreciate your time and effort to provide it to us . Please may I ask you kindly to contact me directly, I would welcome the opportunity to look into your running shoe and explore your comments further.

Esmeralda Mendoza
esmeralda.mendoza@ihg.com

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We went and stayed in this hotel over the Jubilee celebrations and we found the hotel to be centrally located near to the tube so we had access into central London. The hotel was very clean and we were able to stay on the 27th Floor which had an amazing view!!. The staff were very courteous and they are an asset to the hotel. I would recommend staying there.

Room Tip: Great views higher up
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
B F, Guest Relations Team at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Dear Alyson B

Thank you so very much for this lovely review. I am glad you were in London to celebrate the Queens Jubilee and that we could help make your time here special. I hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Kind Regards, Bethany Foster
Totnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I use this hotel quite a lot and have just spent 4 days there ... the staff are great from the doorman to the reception staff to the waiters/waitresses...all friendly and helpful in what is a very busy but competively priced hotel in a great location.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
B F, Guest Relations Team at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear mike c
Thank you for your kind comments. It is always a pleasure to hear that our Guests are so satisfied with the service that they receive from our staff. Your kind words will be passed onto our team with great thanks. I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Kind Regards, B Foster
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Great location, central to everything. a block away from the underground train. A short distance from Kensington Palace and Hyde Park..Then front desk staff was very helpful, full of useful tips and information to everything and willing to help. Rooms were clean, A Good price and location. Up to standards. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear Mohani
Your kind feedback is greatly appreciated. I look forward to the opportunity to provide you with the same great service that you received, when next time you are in London. Kind Regards, B Foster