First time I'd stayed at the Olympia and it was a pleasant experience. We extended our stay twice due to a changing schedule and the front-office staff were very good at accommodating our request. A new and welcome aspect is that they are now advertising an all-inlusive daily rate so no surprises.
Breakfast was first-class and the younger generation staff in the restaurant were a breath of fresh air. The Executive Lounge was adequate but at the weekend they're in a hurry to get you out not long after 8 PM; not an issue if you're expecting it and to be honest, one shouldn't be skulking around in an Exec lounge in London at the weekend.
I stayed in 2 different rooms in the week we were there and the first, on the 8th floor overlooking Kengsington High Street was well sound-proofed but the second room, on the 3rd floor was akin to being at street level with the windows open - it was loud and the sirens (the hotel appears to be on quick-response thoroughfare), trains and midnight drunks were right there in the room with us.
Rooms had a good coffee & tea tray, iron & board and bottles of complimentary water were replenished on a daily basis. Bathrooms were clean and the towels and amenities of a good standard.
Housekeeping staff regretfully had no understanding of a DND on the door and twice I was called by a rather impatient Eastern European lady, politely, admittedly enquiring when we were going to be out of the room that she could service it. I appreciate her issue but a DND is a DND and any good hotel would ensure that their staff respect such privacy.
The hotel's location is perfect with regards to a number of popular bus routes, not as conveniently located for the Underground. The concierge staff were excellent and knowledgable.
I'd stay at the Olympia again with pleasure; the rates were good and room size, for a London hotel, was above average. Beds were extremely comfortable. Overall apperance is slightly dated and a refurb should not be too far off. Excellent staff in general; we look forward to staying at the Olympia Hilton again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Hilton London Olympia hotel on bustling Kensington High Street, 2 minute' walk from Olympia Exhibition Centre, 10-15 minutes from Earl's Court Exhibition Centre and Westfield London Shopping Centre. Try our quintessentially British menu in our fabulous interior designed Society Restaurant inspired by the Victorian era or relex and enjoy our delicious cocktails and nibbles in Society Bar. Do business in one of our 10 newly refurbished meeting rooms, unwind in the fitness centre, or enjoy our COSTA coffee shop. Heathrow airport is 14 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton London Olympia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Olympia Hotel London
- Hilton Olympia London
- London Hilton Olympia Hotel