2,960 results
All reviewskensington high streetthe executive loungecosta coffeeearls courtbus stoptube stationhyde park
Reviewed 19 September 2012

This hotel is consistently cheaper than the other London Hiltons and does look a bit dowdy. A new executive lounge has been added and although the rooms are a bit dated they are large for London and very good value. It should definitely be considered when visiting the Kensington area as the number 9 and 10 buses stop very close to the hotel and go straight to the Albert Hall in about 15 minutes. It is also possible to go right to St Pancras station on the 10.

Room Tip: Worth upgrading to executive as you get a huge room and free breakfast and evening drinks and snacks in the new lounge
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
BarbaraMatheson, General Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your overall stay and found our services and facilities to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Spent one week and so glad we overlooked some of the negative comments. This place was ideal for us. Not only the beauty of a station close by but buses right on doorstep but regular. The staff were friendly and helpful.The restaurant staff,both morning for breakfast and evening were exceptionally good. Erica, kinga and David were standouts. our room was clean and fresh each day. we were very happy with our visit to this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank ayelbee

Thank you for your lovely comments about the hotel and for sharing your great experience with our team and location. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed here 4 nights on a business trip. This is my second stay at the Hilton Olympia. The room was clean and comfortable. The Breakfast is very good. There is an easy access to central London, by bus or tube. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank einavi

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our services and facilities to your liking. We look forward to you staying with us on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

The good- the room was clean, the a/c worked,

The bad- i was paying around £170 a night which was booked through the office travel agent. I arrive to be informed that on top of the £170, if i wanted breakfast it would be £12 odd extra a day, and the internet was another £14 for 24 hours.

The receptionist told me they had a nice deluxe room for me. I got to the room and found out that by deluxe Hilton means a standard double. Nothing exciting. It also means a tiny bath, when i sat in it my legs had to be out of the bath to wash my hair. Why have a bath at all? The enamel was chipped and they have the most ridiculous permanent non slip section in the bath, making it even more uncomfortable then it already was.

I had booked in for 5 nights and on the 3rd night realised i might need to spend a 6th. So i spoke to reception who informed me they were full but check back in the morning as they might have cancellations. I check back as told, to be informed they ahve room, in their deluxe room (same one i was in) however now it would cost me £299 for the same room, minus breakfast and internet...... i naturally declined.

Finally, the bar. It is of course overpriced, but this is not the main issue. Some colleagues, a client and i where drinking, very late it must be said, and when i got up to get another round, found that the barmaid had disappeared and the bar closed. Would have been nice to have been informed. Off i went to reception to see what could be done to be told that i could order room service at reception and then wait, at reception and carry the drinks to the bar. I asked if they could serve me in the bar but the answer was an emphatic no. So i waited- about 10 minutes, while the chap walked upto the bar i just came from got my drinks and then i had to walk them back up to the same bar to drink them. For that pleasure i got charged a £5 tray charge.

Needless to say i will never stay at this place again. If i can help it, i will also not stay at a Hilton. I spent my last night in town at the K&K George in Earls Court, which was cheaper, had everything included with a super bar, bigger room, more comfortable bed and nicer staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ferrante80
Reviewed 16 September 2012

My friend and I stayed here in December 2011 via a 'secret booking.' Finding out we were staying in a 4 Star Hilton was great! It was anything but great to be honest. Our double room was dated, uncomfortable, dark (the lighting was unbelievably sparse!) and the furniture such as the sofa had stains and burns on it, as well as the bed side table fronts peeling off (it was very sharp)! As for the bathroom... Basic and grubby. The first night we got there we could not complain as our train was delayed and literally had no time but we later raised our complaints with reception and got no suitable response. Would not recommend this hotel to stay at... The lobby is very deceiving!!!!

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stephanie H

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay in December 2011. You may like to know that we completed our bedroom refurbishment in April this year, all part of our full hotel refurbishment program. I hope you will now consider us for a future stay.