Hilton London Olympia
Holland Road(London)
  • Fitness centre
  • Restaurant
2,896 results
All reviewskensington high streetthe executive loungecosta coffeeearls courttube stationbus stophyde park
Reviewed 12 September 2012

If you're looking for a friendly hotel with 4* calibre in London I would recommend the Hilton Olympia. It's slightly off-central, but Kensington High Street tube is only a 15 minute walk if the tubes at Olympia aren't running, buses stop right outside the door and Olympia also serves you mainline trains for explorations of UK further afield (try the Londoner's Day Out to Brighton for the perfect English seaside experience & interesting quirky shops). I actually live in London but, due to building work, we had to leave our home for a prolonged stay recently and I can say that it is a super-friendly, efficient place to stay. The staff everywhere in this hotel are wonderful,a big thanks especially to the exec lounge team Vlad, Manuela, Stephen, Grazia and to the lovely water delivery man Egor. Only gripe is the cost of Room Service (though plenty of take-aways nearby) and the fridge which is moulded around the contents so you can't put your own things in there. I would expect to have a fridge I can use in a room of this price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
RFinn, Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Dear reviewer,
Thank you ever so much for a great review and I hope that your London home building works have gone successfully.
It is our aim to ensure we deliver great service consistently. Reviews such as your help to reward the team as they are recognised for their hardwork and dedication.
Thank you so much for your kind comments about the team here.
All the best,

Reviewed 11 September 2012

There is nothing that is “bad” about the Hilton Olympia but it just feels a little drab!

Reception functioned very well with almost immediate attention at the executive check in desk, although not entitled to it, as the other staff were occupied. I was asked if I wanted internet as it would be a minimum of £15.00 (or 14.99 actually!!) for 24 hours. Only when I gave my refusal to pay for internet access was I given a card entitling me to 60 minutes free usage of WiFi - but only in the public areas!! Come on Hilton, get real……

The Hotel is a conversion of an old building, and within those limitations, the renovation has been done well with reasonable, but not large, rooms and comfortable space for both working and sleeping.

In the rooms there is a card suggesting a visit to the “slick new bar” through which I did pass on the way to the restaurant. If this is new, the style of the renovation in both the bar and restaurant is definitely the 1960’s with lots of browns……again comfortable if a little drab for my taste.

After a little messing about with the wine order. which was sorted quickly, I enjoyed a really good meal of well cooked scallops and beautiful Hake in a clam sauce…excellent and complimented by the excellent staff!

Funnily, whilst not overly waiting for the mains to arrive, a charming waiter apologetically informed me that the kitchens were very busy and there would be, and was, a slight delay with the mains order!! The restaurant would sit easily 120 people but there were just 9 of us the whole time I was there, and, apparently, the kitchen was busy with room service orders……tip to management, the guests in the restaurant have made the effort to come there and should be served in priority to the lazy chappies looking for room service!!

Although overlooking a very busy road in west London, there was no sound in the bedroom and a good night sleep eminently possible….

I do not go for Breakfast but I could have purchased a voucher at check in that would have entitled me to a cheaper one which is all very strange but as I said, I did not bother. I did not think that £60 was overly expensive for the starter, mains and bottle of wine for dinner although I noted that a bottle of beer would cost me £4.50 which I think is a little heavy?

No real complaints other than the perennial one of hotels trying to top up their profits by charging for internet access in the rooms (free for Hilton gold and silver club members) at exorbitant rates and then, probably, only giving limited access such that no downloading is possible…..get over it as more and more people will look, in preference, to hotels who supply this limited service for free or have their own internet connected equipment to use in same way as everyone now uses mobiles instead of telephony supplied by the hotel!

Incidentally, I tried the free 60 minutes and managed to get some emails out before the connection severed after less than 10 minutes and all efforts to reconnect lasted less than 30 seconds and bookmarked pages on the browser all became the opening page for BTopenzone sign in as soon as I tried to open them…so will have to change all these back again when get proper connection………………………..

I would stay again but for only one night at a time…………………

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
RFinn, Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your very detailed review on tripadvisor.com following your recent visit to the Hilton London Olympia. All comments about our hotel, good & not so good are invaluable to us. Without feedback we are weaker in our quest to provide consistent excellent hospitality, care & service.
I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your overall stay at the hotel, and in particular a good night's sleep, the food and drink in the Society restaurant, and the service provided by the team here. Please be assured that I have passed your very kind comments to all team members concerned.
I noted your comment in regard to charging of the internet provision, and wanted to inform you that we provide complimentary internet access with increased bandwidth in the bedrooms to our Hilton HHonors loyalty programme Gold and Diamond members, and also those guests who purchase an upgraded room type. There is complimentary internet access available to all our guests in the hotel's public areas, bar and restaurant. Unfortunately, within many hotels and establishments within the UK, internet access is still a chargeable service as the cost of providing this is prohibitive. We have also checked our local competition and we are competitive in the rates we charge for the increased bandwidth internet access when compared to similar establishments.
This pricing comparison with other similar local establishments and hotels also applies to the other products and servcies we offer within the hotel, such as food and beverage, to ensure we remain competitive.
In respect to the design and decor of our public areas, restaurant and bar, you are clearly entitled to your opinion and I thank you for sharing the way you perceive the facilities as 'drab', however please be assured that the space was designed and refurbished in 2011 by an interior designed who is reknowned for their work in hotels and food outlets. The dark woods and soft furnishings are very 'in' at the moment and being used throughout many popular outlets within London. They do say that fashion and design goes round in circles so your comment about the 1960's look may be quite true.
With thanks once again,

Reviewed 11 September 2012

Stayed here whilst attending a convention at Earl's Court. The location was perfect. Close to tube, convention centre, shops and restaurant. There's even a great Costa coffee shop next door to the hotel.
The staff were so friendly, helpful and never stopped smiling on Reception. Really enjoyed chatting to them and they could not do enough to help wherever I went in the hotel.
The gym and Executive Lounge were both very comfortable.
Rooms were as expected and functional, which is all I needed. Internet worked great and it was convenient to have the mini-bar fridge and desk tray, although I didn't use.
I feel that many of the negative reviews on here do not portray this hotel properly as I had a great experience along with all my colleagues.
Thank you Hilton Oympia!! I'll be back

Room Tip: Pay for the upgrade to an Executive room. It's worth it for the Executive Lounge access and free internet use.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Toughguy2

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.com following your earlier stay with us.
I was delighted to learn that you found our unrivalled location an ideal base for your trip.
I was so glad to read that you had such a positive and enjoyable stay at our hotel. Our paramount aim is 100% guest satisfaction and it is always so rewarding when this is achieved. I have passed on your review within the hotel so that my colleagues can be congratulated for all of their hard work.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.
Happy travelling! Richard, Director of Operations.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Arriving at the Kensington Olympia Hilton one feels that you are part of the Hilton experience. Sadly as you find your room it becomes apparent that this is not the case. Within 45 minutes I had sampled three different rooms, none being even as clean as a room in a premier inn or travel lodge, and their aspects were terrible. The floor in the bathroom was not clean, and the toilet had not been washed properly either. The manager was incredibly unhelpful when i expressed my disappointment and when I said i wanted to check out to go somewhere else he told me that as I'd paid already that wouldn't be possible. The hallways on the bedroom levels are in desperate need of refurbishment too. I feel that the hotel is trading off of the Hilton reputation and will never stay with Hilton again. The level of service and comfort were very poor.

Room Tip: Higher floors have more light. Don't book on the internet and insist on viewing the room first!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Freddie M
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Stayed for 8 nights. It was fine but nothing special. The room servicing was quite late in the day and a couple of times I had to ring about it. The breakfast was good but the highlight of my stay was the lovely staff at the breakfast service.they were great. The weather was really hot but at all times my room was cool and comfortable. My room was close to the back lift and when that was used it was very noisy.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
RFinn, Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Hilton London Olympia.
I was delighted to hear you enjoyed a comfortable stay in a coolly air-conditioned room whilst benefiting from the lovely hot sunny weather we are experiencing, and enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the Society restaurant.
Please note that I have passed your comments in regard to the Housekeeping service onto the team here, however we do operate Housekeeping until late and some rooms may be serviced up until 6pm. I am sorry if this did inconvenience your whilst with us.
I hope that we may get the opportunity to be of service again on a future visit to West London.
With best regards,