“We can't really say anything bad about this hotel”

Hilton London Olympia
Ranked #653 of 1,063 Hotels in London
United States
“We can't really say anything bad about this hotel”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

My husband and I used our Hilton Honour Points for a combination of deluxe room (two nights) and standard room (three nights) in that order. The "deluxe" room had a nice bed, but the athroom was very small and strangely designed. The standard room had an uncomfortable bed (the plush mattress pad removed in standard rooms!), however, the bathroom was a bit larger.

The desk staff were very unhelpful - but upon checkout, we met Victor, who was very nice.

We had an accident when a heavy retractable wall under the bathroom sink came down on my foot when I barely touched it. The manager called maintenance and it was put back into place. The next day after we returned from sightseeing, the wall was laying on the floor! The maintenance man fixed it with screws that time! The manager, Richard, very kindly treated us to dinner in the hotel's Society Restaurant (where our photo was taken that same evening) and the meal was fabulous! The waitress, Karen, was the most attentive person and the hotel is lucky to have such a gem! Richard is the reason for our four stars. He is the type of manager who takes his job seriously. He is very polite and sincere.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
RFinn, Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.com following your recent visit to the Hilton London Olympia.
I do indeed remember our meeting in the hotel and you enjoying a lovely dinner in the Society restaurant. Thank you so much for your kind comments in regard to Karen and myself. Karen will definitely be recognised for this within the restaurant team.
I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel overall on the Queen's Diamond Jubilee weekend, however please also be assured that I will address the shortcomings with the Reception team being unhelpful.
Once again, please accept my apologies for the bathroom panel falling from position under the sink. This should clearly not have happened and has now been securely re-checked and fastened in position.
With thanks once again and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to in the very near future.
Richard, Director of Operations.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wales
Reviewed 10 June 2012 via mobile

This is a tired property.

Lack of training evident on front house staff, they didnt bother to tell me about the new executive lounge!

Overall its clean, comfy bed & breakfast is good.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.com following your earlier stay with us.
I was delighted to learn that you found your room and breakfast satisfactory overall.
I am sorry that the Reception team did not inform you of our new exclusive Executive Lounge and please be reassured this will be address in the form of re-training.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back with us soon. Happy travelling!
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2012

No Underground station nearby but there is an Overground stn within 5 minutes walk. Walked to Earl's Court tube (for Picadilly line to Heathrow airport) next morning with cases & it took about 10-15 mins.
Dinner options nearby seem to be plentiful. We walked about 20 mins to Kensington High st to meet friends
Room size small but not too bad for London. Everything was spotless. No noise from outside despite there being a main rd but walls are very thin; we could here almost everything from the room next door first thing in the morning.
Didn't have much contact with staff but they were attentive when we did.
Breakfast very good but extra at £20 a head.
Wi-fi also extra (as with all Hiltons) so didn't bother as we have smart phones.
Room on eighth floor. Elevators quick, prompt & spacious enough.

Room Tip: High floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear reviewer,
I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Please be assured that I have passed your very kind comments to all staff concerned.
With thanks once again and happy travelling.
Southern Pines, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I found the hotel staff to be very friendly, but the hotel lacked a few things which I have come to expect. Don't expect to use the phone charger - I paid two pounds to charge for two hours and found my phone was only half charged, and dead later when I tried to use it. The internet was free to use only if you wanted to print out boarding passes. They did have wifi for use if you had your own computer, but it was very slow. The rooms were on the small side, but very clean, although we were on the first floor, so got a lot of traffic noise.

Room Tip: Definitely choose a room on a higher floor or away from the street.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Hilton London Olympia. I was delighted to hear you enjoyed a comfortable stay.
I noted your comment in regard to the provision of free internet, and wanted to inform you that we provide complimentary internet access with increased bandwidth in the bedrooms to our Hilton HHonors loyalty programme Gold and Diamond members, and also those guests who purchase an upgraded room type. There is complimentary internet access available to all our guests in the hotel's public areas, bar and restaurant with their own devices. Unfortunately, within many hotels and establishments within the UK, internet access is still a chargeable service as the cost of providing this is prohibitive. We have also checked our local competition and we are competitive in the rates we charge for the increased bandwidth internet access when compared to similar establishments.
Once again thank you for your constructive review and we look forward to your return to the Hilton London Olympia.
Happy travelling! Richard, Director of Operations.
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 8 June 2012

stayed here for one night, the hotel room was a bit on the small side but was spotlessly clean also the bathroom was impressive, the bedding was very comfortable, the corridors were a bit shabby. Staff on reception were not helpful with very vague information, and as it was our first time to london I would have appreciated more accurate information and maybe a more friendly face a smile.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank shellb456
Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.com following your recent stay with us.
I was disheartened to learn of the response you received from the Front of House team and I would appeal this is truly an isolated occurence as we receive so many fabulous comments about our Reception and Concierge teams. I am sorry this was not the case and I will address this with the team concerned.
However I note, with this exception your stay proved both satisfactory and enjoyable.
Happy travelling!