“EXCELLENT JUBILEE STAY!¬”

Hilton London Olympia
Ranked #692 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 June 2012

after reading the reviews for this hotel i was quite worried however this hotel was very good for a city hotel, the staff were very good room was big and clean.
Breakfast was very enjoyable and the waitress was very jolly!
I am not a easy person to please so well done all..

Room Tip: olympia tube only runs at weekends
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank 308rebeccas
RFinn, Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.com following your earlier stay with us here at the Hilton London Olympia.
I was very happy to read that you had such a positive and enjoyable stay at our hotel for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebration weekend. Our paramount aim is 100% guest satisfaction and it is always so rewarding when this is achieved. I have passed on your review within the hotel so that my colleagues can be congratulated for all of their hard work.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.
Happy travelling!
Richard, Director of Operations.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Unless you want to drag your suitcases up and down stairs give this hotel a miss, when I checked in with an elderly relative we were not informed that we would have to drag our cases up and down stairs once we went up to our floor via the lift!! we were offered assistance with our cases but declined as we were not told about the stairs we would have to go up and down. The first room we were allocated had a double bed despite booking a twin, the second was so small our cases would not go between the end of the bed and the wall, this hotel is shabby and run down and over priced. Staff were unhelpful, would never stay here again, would rather sleep in a tent!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank eihelps67
RFinn, Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.com following your recent stay with us.
I was disheartened to learn of the your opinion of the hotel. There are indeed some steps on the bedroom floors' corridors, and as this is an older building which dates back to the early 1960's, we unfortunately are unable to remove these steps. I am glad to hear that you were offered assistance with your bags upon arrival as this is standard and we have a great Concierge team to help with this.
I must however disagree that we are shabby and run down. We have recently completed a full refurbishment of all 405 bedrooms, the gym, lobby, reception, bar, restaurant, Costa Coffee outlet and opened a new Executive Lounge. We are currently refurbishing our meeting rooms as well.
Once again thank you for your constructive review. Happy travelling!

Reviewed 4 June 2012

First to note I am a Hilton Silver Honors member and my two-night stay was paid for by a conference organiser so I don't know what the bill was. It was not a great stay. When I arrived quite late in the evening there was one receptionist struggling with a difficult visitor, and ignoring the queue that was building up. The room was OK but there was a lack of drawer space, and getting the air-conditioning to work was quite a challenge. There was no view, other than of a wall and a drainpipe and even on the top floor it was a challenge to see the sky. As with so many hotels the cost of wifi is just extortionate, so I decided to use the free wifi in the lobby. It turns out that it only works well on the west side of the lobby but most of the seats were on the east side of the lobby. You would have thought that the hotel could have invested in a repeater unit.

Breakfast was pretty good but the staff manning the hot dishes seemed never to be there when one or more of the hot dishes runs out. Perhaps a webcam? Staff seem not to be able to agree which table they are looking after and one morning I was asked by three different members of staff if I wanted tea or coffee. It took around 5 minutes to arrive. I did not eat lunch or an evening meal in the hotel.

Overall I just felt that there was no real pride in the hotel, and that both the restaurant and the front desk staff needed to have more training. I felt that in both cases they were making it up as they went along, and there was just not a genuine interest in building a relationship with me as a customer. My guess is that most of the people staying at the hotel do so for a couple of days in connection with an event at Olympia so the staff feel there is no need to try to ensure that people come back on other occasions or recommend it to others. Overall it's OK but I've stayed in much better Hiltons.

1  Thank Scott408

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for your detailed review following your stay with us. All comments about our hotel, both good & not so good are invaluable to us. Without feedback we are weaker in our quest to provide consistent excellent hospitality, care & service.
I am sorry you felt your experience was not as good as you hoped. The team here are aware of your comments and we will do our best in beating your expectations in the future. I hope we have that pleasure.
I noted your comment in regard to the provision of free internet, and wanted to inform you that we provide complimentary internet access with increased bandwidth in the bedrooms to our Hilton HHonors loyalty programme Gold and Diamond members, and also those guests who purchase an upgraded room type. There is complimentary internet access available to all our guests in the hotel's public areas, bar and restaurant, with good coverage. Unfortunately, within many hotels and establishments, internet access is still a chargeable service as the cost of providing a decent service with high bandwidth is still prohibitive. We have also checked our local competition and we are competitive in the rates we charge for the increased bandwidth internet access when compared to similar establishments.
With memories of this recent visit still in mind, it may be difficult for you to think of a possible return to the Hilton London Olympia. However, I would be delighted to be able to welcome anyone from your organisation back in the future and to have the opportunity to show you our hotel and the service that we provide in a different light.
Once again, thank you for your input and happy travelling!

Reviewed 2 June 2012

I stayed one night at the Hilton Olympia, room 541. The room itself was rather small, but otherwise OK. The view out of the window was at some kind of very small inner court, looking out on a wall.
There was a constant noise during the entire night, coming from the technical installations at the inner court, so I didn't have any quiet rest. Moreover, in the small hallway there was water dropping from the ceiling. Restaurant and breakfast were OK. I would not recommend the hotel.

1  Thank americanfriends
RFinn, Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2012

Dear Reviewer,
I was disheartened to learn of your experience in our hotel. A few of our 405 bedrooms do indeed overlook a small inner courtyard area which has some ventilation equipment. I am sorry this did not allow you the quiet you expected or need and will address this with our maintenance team to see if there is anything we can do to rectify this issue.
However I note, with this exception your stay proved both satisfactory.
Once again thank you for your constructive review and we look forward to your return to the Hilton London Olympia.
Happy travelling. Richard, Director of Operations.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

The hotel was overpriced, run down and poorly located..I got better advice on a choice of nearby restaurants from another guest than I could get from the hotel staff. "healthcare" facility was a tiny room in the basement.. wouldn't stay there again.

5  Thank Paul D
RFinn, Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Dear reviewer,
I was both disheartened and perplexed to learn of the response you received in regard to local eateries from the team here, and also in regard to your comment about a "healthcare" facility. By this I assume you are referring to the Fitness by Precor gym containing brand new cardio-vascular and resistance machines as well as the fit and medicine balls.
In regard to the price, I am sorry you considered us to be overpriced. Please be assured that we check our rates daily against the local competition and are considered reasonsable when compared to similar establishments across West London.
Once again thank you for your constructive review and happy travelling.