“Quiet Hilton”

Ranked #679 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Wien
“Quiet Hilton”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

in the middle of Kensington, bus stop just across the street. Hotel is a little bit old but renovated, friendly staff, but be sure to ask for a room in a high floor as the high street can be very loud. Bathroom is clean, beds are soft and cosy. But there wasn't a mini bar, it's a sort of tiny vending machine. After all, it affords all you need for a stay in London.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
RFinn, Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.com following your recent visit to the Hilton London Olympia.
I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and in particular our clean bathrooms and cosy beds. Please be assured that I have passed your very kind comments to all staff concerned.
With thanks once again and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the very near future.
Happy travelling! Richard, Director of Operations.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Israel
Reviewed 2 May 2012

The hotel is located a bit outside the center part of London, but with an easy access to central parts of London and a short walk from the shopping street Kensington High Street. There is a convenient bus line (9 and 10) to the Center, as well as a tube station in a walking distance and High Street Kensington Subway about 15 min walk. The rooms are fairly kept. Breakfast is very good. Overall not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
RFinn, Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.com following your earlier stay with us.
I was delighted to learn that you found our unrivalled location an ideal base for your trip with convenient public transport links.
I appreciate your comment about the good breakfast which will be shared with the team here.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Olynpia last week and was pleased to be told at check in that they had now got an exec lounge. It is a little small, but ok. The breackfast was very good as well. The problem I have had is getting to the hotel via the tube. I now found an efficient wat by getting a bus from Hammersmith tude (Numbers 8, 9 or 10). This drops you next to the hotel.

2 Thank NiallTNT
RFinn, Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear Reviewer,
I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and in particular our new Executive Lounge and our breakfast buffet offering. Please be assured that I have passed your very kind comments to all staff concerned.
Gillingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel as my company was exhibiting at Olympia, as this is one of closest hotels to venue it is very popular with people exhibiting there. My room was clean and comfortable enough with flat screen TV, iron and ironing board etc. The bar was extremely busy as was the dining room for breakfast, I gave both a miss and went elsewhere. For what you get the hotel is overpriced, they are taking advantage of customers who need to be near Olympia and cashing in.

1 Thank EODUK
RFinn, Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear Reviewer,
I was delighted to learn that you found our unrivalled location next to West London exhibition centres an ideal base for your stay.
I was so glad to read that you found the room to be clean and well-equipped, however I am sorry that you opted not to dine with us in the Society restaurant for either breakfast or dinner. If you booked a room only rate, then we have some great promotions available at our Reception desk for breakfast and dinner with reductions on the standard price if purchased on arrival.
You are correct that we do have a select market during busy exhibition periods which does fill the hotel up, however our rates are competitive with the other local hotels in the area surrounding these centres and monitor our rates carefully to ensure we are competitive.
Thank you very much for your feedback and happy travelling!
Richard, Director of Operations.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Just stayed here for 2 nights (room 849, top floor) and was very satisfied overall with the stay at this Hilton property.

Pros / Things to note:
- Bed was fantastic. Had a queen size bed, 4 pillows and comfy/clean duvet and sheets.
- I don't know why so many people were complaining about expensive wifi? They offer one hour free wifi per day (which they said was good in the lobby to use), however, I was able to access it with no problem whatsoever from my room (8th floor). Also, whenever the one hour "limit" was up, I would just re-enter the passcode, and it would immediately give me another hour free! Was very happy and please about this.
- Bathroom is a bit tight, but was very clean and well appointed (after renovation). Grohe fixtures and premium lotions/shampoo/etc. provided.
- Maids did a great job. Very clean and neat job done everyday. Bathroom amenities fully replaced and stocked daily.
- Room 849 is sort of on a weird "corner" of the hotel layout, so actually the room was BIGGER than most similar rooms. Lots of space to move around.
- Hotel is located, as previous reviewers have mentioned, about 12-15 minute casual-paced walk from High Street Kensignton tube station. Lots of stores, supermarkets, etc. along the way. Very convenient. 20-25 minutes max to most central London sites.

Only a couple "cons" (with the 1st listed being the most disappointing!):
- Ordered room service (Fish & Chips, cost of 16£+5£ service charge = £21), and was unfortunately very disappointed with the food. The fish fell apart too easily (ie. mushed into a bunch of little pieces as I tried to eat), and the chips were overcooked (brown) on the outside but not cooked enough on the inside. For this price, I don't expect an out of world experience in terms of food quality, but it should be at least as good as something I can get down the road for 10£. They also called twice, while I was still eating, to ask me to go down and pay (had already told them to charge to CC)...which was a bit annoying.
- Room did not have things like: slippers, hair dryer, Q-Tips. Not the biggest deal in the world, but as a Hilton & 4-star ranked property, these type of amenities should be standard. I can imagine women having a possible bigger fuss with the no hair dryer issue.

Despite these couple minor cons/inconveniences, I would definitely recommend this Hilton property as a value choice for London. Will definitely consider staying here again upon my next return trip to London!

(*Thanks for reading - Hope this helps your travel planning, please hit the 'helpful' button if this review indeed was for you, cheers!*)

Room Tip: - Higher floors and on the back side (ie. facing courtyard/north) are the best combo for a room choi...