Booked in for 7 nights at the Hilton Olympia as I was attending a conference at Olympia. Overall, I found it to be a very clean, comfortable hotel with a few minor issues that take the shine off its 4 stars. The lobby is modern, and the reception staff were pleasant enough (not overly friendly, but not offensive either). And yes, the lifts are on the smaller side, however I have been in some European hotels that have only a single, smaller lift so therefore didn't find this to be an issue.
I had been booked into an executive room on the 5th floor, which was reasonable in size but on the smaller side of the scale when compared to other executive rooms I've stayed in at other hotels. I believe my room had been renovated as some aspects of it appeared modern (lighting, carpeting, soft-furnishings), however there were other aspects which seemed dated (eg, the timber veneer furnishings, chipped/flaking woodwork on the bathroom door, patchy tile work in the bathroom). The bed was on the firm side (which I like) however I was expecting a king-size which is standard in most executive rooms, but was provided with a queen-size. The room faced onto Kensington High Street so there was some traffic noise and noise from the construction site across the road, but on the same level as I've experienced in any other inner-city or main-street hotel. Echoing what other reviewers have said, the bathroom ceiling is low and the shower positioned above the bath which makes it awkward for showering when you're near 6 feet tall, however the shower head is adjustable. My main gripe with the room was that the traditional bar-fridge has been replaced with an automated vending-machine style fridge. This means that guests are unable to use the fridge for storing any of their own food or drinks in the room. Apparently this has been done "for your convenience", but obviously it's purely for the convenience of the hotel management (and their revenue lines), as it offers no real convenience for guests.
Breakfast was served either in the main restaurant or the executive lounge, but at an additional £12, I thought it to be a bit on the steep side. I found the main restaurant had a better selection so opted to eat there most mornings. The executive lounge was quiet and comfortable and offered a good range of canapés and drinks plus a couple of computers with internet and printer access. I was however frustrated to find that guests in the executive lounge were provided with free wifi throughout the hotel (including in their rooms), having paid an additional £79 for a week's (flaky) access. It would have been nice if reception had mentioned this when I had specifically asked about wifi access on check-in. A final positive point is that the concierge will arrange a car to take you to the airport on check-out for £38 - almost half the price of a black taxi to Heathrow.
Overall I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Olympia and would stay there again... if work is paying for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Hilton London Olympia hotel on bustling Kensington High Street, 2 minute' walk from Olympia Exhibition Centre, 10-15 minutes from Earl's Court Exhibition Centre and Westfield London Shopping Centre. Try our quintessentially British menu in our fabulous interior designed Society Restaurant inspired by the Victorian era or relex and enjoy our delicious cocktails and nibbles in Society Bar. Do business in one of our 10 newly refurbished meeting rooms, unwind in the fitness centre, or enjoy our COSTA coffee shop. Heathrow airport is 14 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Nozio Netplan srl, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton London Olympia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Olympia Hotel London
- Hilton Olympia London
- London Hilton Olympia Hotel