“Top class quality”
Review of Royal Garden Hotel

Royal Garden Hotel
Ranked #91 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Luxury in the lap of luxury, is how I would describe this excellent place.
The rooms are expansive, luxurious and comfortable. Some of the rooms have a view of the Kensington Gardens and it is a treat. The location otherwise is good too - with several restaurants in the vicinity to choose from, you are never far away from a great dining experience. I am told parking is an issue, but since I cabbed it, did not face a problem. My only regret is that I stayed here for a short duration of two days, most of which were spent on work.
The only dark spot on an other impeccable experience was the inordinate delay in processing our check-out which was quite surprising for a hotel of this quality. We were told the delay was due to the staff being occupied with the demands of a celebrity that was staying here.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the Kensington Gardens.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank RamSharaph
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Royal Garden Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your room and appreciated our location.
I am however concerned by your check-out experience. Please accept my deepest apologies as I can guarantee this is not our usual standard. We regularly accommodate celebrities, and their presence should in no case interrupt any guest experience.

On another note, I would like to clarify that we do have a NCP managed car park with 200 spaces under the hotel, so parking should not really be an issue especially if booked in advance. But I do understand that it can be a little more difficult finding street parking in the local area.

I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Graham Bamford

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed here for one night and unfortunately it was the night that Justin Bieber was staying and so the rest of us, got put in second place. We watched many a row from guests who were annoyed at not being able to have access the way you normally would in a hotel. The front door staff did not help with our bags and seemed as if helping was a hassle instead of their job. The reservation team mixed up our room choice and only moved us when we kicked up a fuss. The papers we requested and paid for were not delivered and the gym only opened at 9am on a Saturday which is crazy by today's hotel standards. Finally, at breakfast, i asked for a pancake. He repeated the order and i then went back to him to ask if the 'pancake' was ready? Reply, not yet. Five minutes later, he gave me a waffle! Go figure. I normally stay at Soho Hotel run by the Firmdale group and the difference is exceptional. I'm going back there next time! Royal Garden is not a place to stay if you are looking for individual attention as a fee paying guest!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lola O
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Dear Guest,

I am terribly sorry you did not enjoy your stay at the Royal Garden Hotel. We regularly accommodate celebrities, so there is no excuse for the level of service not being up to standard. Our dedicated members of staff usually handle these situations very well and I am disappointed they failed to do so on this occasion.

I would be most grateful if you would contact our Guest Relations team on guestrelations@royalgardenhotel.co.uk. They have been informed of your comments and would like to be in contact with you and find out more about your stay.

We do hope to hear from you.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

My wife and I love this hotel. We stayed here 2 years ago for 12 days, 6 of which we were unexpectedly held over because of Volcanic Ash. The staff and hotel were lovely then, and even better this time around. I needed to change our room because I was unhappy with the view compared to last time, and they happily switched us to the same room we had stayed at the first time. The room had been even more improved, this time with voltage converters, flat-screen TV, iPod dock with speakers, and a separate shower and bath-tub. Our stay this time was for 10 days, and the concierge staff are worth their weight in gold, handling tube directions, restaurant reservations, confirming flights, posting packages, you name it. Justin Bieber was there later in our stay and the hotel was under siege with screaming girls, but the staff took it all in stride. Restaurants and room service were all of excellent quality, we were greeted like old friends each time.
The icing on the cake was when I arrived at Heathrow and discovered that my wallet was missing. I called the hotel, spoke with Melvin in Security, he took my phone number, checked my room, found the wallet in the room safe. He called me back, had me send an email authorizing them to post the wallet, and sent me an email confirmation that it was sent in that day's post and would arrive in a few days. My wallet continued credit cards, cash and traveler's checks. Can you imagine a New York hotel doing that? (I've been robbed in many of them, by the staff!)
So in closing I can't say enough about the level of service at this hotel, and it's such a great neighborhood. We'll be returning there every time we're in London.
Mark & Liz Doyle

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Mark D
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is always a pleasure for us to welcome returning guests and reading that you enjoyed your stay with us even more is heart-warming. I am glad you liked the renovations our rooms underwent and that you found the voltage converters useful.

I am delighted you found the staff to be lovely and that you particularly appreciated our Concierge team.

Your comments regarding the restaurants and room service will be passed on to relevant teams and I am sure they will appreciate them.
Lastly, I am relieved to see that you had simply forgotten your wallet in your safe and not lost it. I’m happy Melvin was helpful and dealt with the situation quickly and efficiently.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed here with my young family prior to running in the London Marathon
From arrival and through out our stay the service and friendliness was excellent
Room service (due to young family) was brilliant great quality and choice and so reasonably
priced.
The bedrooms are modern very clean and comfortable with great subtle touches.
Breakfast was a relaxed experience with great views and variety of fresh food every morning which my 4 year old loved.
In fact i believe it help me achieve a PB in the marathon as our stay was hassle free.
We will be back for anoither visit as there is so much on near the Hotel

Room Tip: Request Park view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jhyorkshire

Dear guest,

Congratulations on running the London Marathon and for achieving a personal best! I am very touched you believe your hassle free stay at the Royal Garden Hotel played a part in you breaking your personal record and I am delighted your family stay was such an enjoyable one.
It is great to know that you enjoyed your breakfast buffet at Park Terrace as well as the Room Service options for your young family.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future, hopefully before next year’s London Marathon!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Me and my husband stayed here weekend of 31st March as part of a west end show package. The hotel is fantastic. A short walk from Kensington High Street tube station, located right next to Hyde Park and Kensington Palace. Its location cannot be faulted. The rooms were tastefully decorated and very modern, complimentary toiletries and bathrobes were available and a free safety box. We were sent up a bottle of wine with compliments of the hotel and the check in staff and concierge were fantastic; especially Luton who was most helpful with helping us decide what to do with our last afternoon in London. All in a a superb well deserved 5 star hotel. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Izzybusy72

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that you particularly appreciated our location and your room.
I will let Luton know you appreciated his help and I am pleased he was able to make your last day in London an enjoyable one.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.