“THE MILESTONE HOTEL-LONDON. BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!!”

The Milestone Hotel and Residences
Ranked #3 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I was at the Milestone many years ago with my elderly aunt and had a wonderful experience so I decided I would stay there on this 3 week Europe trip with my 13 year old granddaughter. We stayed in wonderful hotels across Europe but none came close to The Milestone! From the minute we arrived everyone treated us as if there were thrilled to see us! The doorman, the bellman, the concierge, the front desk clerk, the assistant manager, the manager...everyone made us feel so welcomed. Jose was really the best concierge ever!! I am so very glad this is where i was when the accident occurred! My granddaughter and I were a couple of streets away when i fell over a fallen sign on the sidewalk. i looked down and saw my thumb laying sideways...not a pretty sight! My granddaughter called her Mother back home and when we walked back into the hotel the Assistant Manager, Stephanie, was at the door waiting for us. She said my husband and 2 daughters had called her to ask for her help. She had an ambulance there, arranged for my trip to the hospitial, and then insisted on staying in the room next to us that night in case i had any trouble! (and it was her night off!!). The next day all of my new friends at The Milestone were taking care of me!! i don't know if they will ever understand how grateful i was for their kindness and their professional and competent manner in handling this situation. Thank you Stephanie, Jose, Pedro, Teddy, and Abdi.

p.s. I just received the latest Travel Leisure magazine and saw that they are named the number 1 small hotel in Europe...I can certainly see why!

Anne from North Carolina

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Anne U
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

I cannot thank you enough for your kind words. I am so proud of my team and the way they went above and beyond to ensure you and your Grandaughter were taken care of following your accident. I was delighted to read that we met your expectations and I have passed on your kind words to all of our team including Stephanie of course. I hope you have now recovered and myself and all of the team look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards

Reviewed 17 July 2012

The Milestone Hotel has big luxury in a small, intimate and beautiful space. The location is fantastic, right where you want to be in London. The rooms are magnificent and all of the comforts you can imagine are there (and even some you cannot imagine). The food, especially the afternoon tea, is the best in London and the staff is beyond gracious. The Milestone is a treasure in one of the greatest cities in the world. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay with us. I was delighted that we met your expectations in all departments especially with our fantastic Afternoon Tea. I sincerely hope that you will come and stay with us again in the near future so we can repeat our famous Milestone service that we provide our guests.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed here for three days in May. We love this area but had never stayed here before.
It was recommended by our travel agent and she was absolutely right about the quality. We arrived in the early evening, exhausted by the nightmare of coming through customs and
immigration at Heathrow. The first room we were shown was too small and taken up by
furniture. The manager said he would try to find us another room - although since it was late in
the day that might prove a problem. He was successful. While we waited we were shown into
the library and offered a drink - a perfect example of the hospitality shown to guests here. The
king size room was not very large but big enough and furnished beautifully as is the entire hotel.
Since we were too tired to go out for dinner we ate in the charming dining room and found to our surprise that the meal was top quality, as good as the dinner we had the following evening
at a Michelin starred restaurant. Breakfast also was excellent both in the quality and presentation of the food. Had a grand afternoon tea one day and did not need to go to dinner.
Most important, the quality of service begins at the door with the doorman. It is attentive and gracious without being obsequious. The junior concierge was most helpful too. We look forward to returning to this hotel and will recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Queen size rooms are really too small to move around in. Our room was in the back with no view. B...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Denah6227
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to post you valuable feedback. I was delighted that we met your expectations and that you got the chance to try our fantastic restaurant "Cheneston's". I have passed on your kind words to all the relevant departments in the hotel and I really do hope that you will join us again in the near future so I can personally welcome you back to us.

Reviewed 15 July 2012 via mobile

Amazing service, lovely rooms, friendly staff.highly recommended

• Stayed: May 2012
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to post your positive comments. I was glad that you enjoyed all of our facilities and just as importantly our service which we pride ourselves on. I have passed on your kind words to my dedicated team here at the hotel. I do hope that you get the chance to stay with us once again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

A lovely hotel located in the Kensington area. Quaint and attentive to all the details. The concierge provided helpful information and arranged reservations and tours for us. In the evenings we enjoyed the Stables Bar where we met new friends. I would recommend this hotel for those going to London.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in Kensington. I was also really happy with the service our Concierge provided and that you also found time to relax in our cosy Stables Bar.
I hope that you will come and stay with us again soon so I can personally welcome you back.