“A good reason to return to London”

The Milestone Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,088 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Canaan, Connecticut
“A good reason to return to London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed here for three days in May. We love this area but had never stayed here before.
It was recommended by our travel agent and she was absolutely right about the quality. We arrived in the early evening, exhausted by the nightmare of coming through customs and
immigration at Heathrow. The first room we were shown was too small and taken up by
furniture. The manager said he would try to find us another room - although since it was late in
the day that might prove a problem. He was successful. While we waited we were shown into
the library and offered a drink - a perfect example of the hospitality shown to guests here. The
king size room was not very large but big enough and furnished beautifully as is the entire hotel.
Since we were too tired to go out for dinner we ate in the charming dining room and found to our surprise that the meal was top quality, as good as the dinner we had the following evening
at a Michelin starred restaurant. Breakfast also was excellent both in the quality and presentation of the food. Had a grand afternoon tea one day and did not need to go to dinner.
Most important, the quality of service begins at the door with the doorman. It is attentive and gracious without being obsequious. The junior concierge was most helpful too. We look forward to returning to this hotel and will recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Queen size rooms are really too small to move around in. Our room was in the back with no view. B...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Denah6227
, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to post you valuable feedback. I was delighted that we met your expectations and that you got the chance to try our fantastic restaurant "Cheneston's". I have passed on your kind words to all the relevant departments in the hotel and I really do hope that you will join us again in the near future so I can personally welcome you back to us.
Andrew Pike
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012 via mobile

Amazing service, lovely rooms, friendly staff.highly recommended

• Stayed May 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to post your positive comments. I was glad that you enjoyed all of our facilities and just as importantly our service which we pride ourselves on. I have passed on your kind words to my dedicated team here at the hotel. I do hope that you get the chance to stay with us once again in the near future.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

A lovely hotel located in the Kensington area. Quaint and attentive to all the details. The concierge provided helpful information and arranged reservations and tours for us. In the evenings we enjoyed the Stables Bar where we met new friends. I would recommend this hotel for those going to London.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in Kensington. I was also really happy with the service our Concierge provided and that you also found time to relax in our cosy Stables Bar.
I hope that you will come and stay with us again soon so I can personally welcome you back.
Westchester County, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

This is a very posh establishment in the Kensington area. The decor is quintessentially traditional yet extravagent English with modern touches. As it is very expensive, I used a lot of Amex points to defray some of the costs. We were upgraded to a junior suite - the Viscount Suite - that has lovely views of the park. Please note that it is on the front side of the building so that can be some traffic noise. The hotel will provide earplugs on request. As is usual, the junior suite is a larger room, rather than a suite. We were celebrating a milestone anniversary and they decorated the room with candles, rose petals, and chocalate covered strawberries. Although that is not really my thing, we appreciated the effort. It underscores the difference between a 5 star establishment and those that aspire to be a 5 star but are really a 4. 5 star establishments anticipate your needs, even with respect to the little things like being stocked with an outlet converter, and make you feel taken care off. Other than a less than knowledgable concierge (note to hotels - even with the availability of some info on the web, a knowledgable concierge is still necessary!), the staff was seemed quite good in our limited interaction with them. Also note the Milestone does not charge for WiFI

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank denany
Many thanks for taking time to leave your valuable feedback. I was pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and you liked the small touches we deliver to our guests. I sincerely hope that you do come and visit us again soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012 via mobile

Had an opportunity to spend few nights at this hotel. My overall experience was really great. They have lovely and comfortable rooms, great service, awesome staff. I would love to stay here again

• Stayed June 2012
I was really happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your kind words to my great team here. I was happy to read that you found our beautiful rooms to your liking and our service met with your expectations.
I do hope that you can stay with us again soon in the near furture.