“My Favorite Hotel in the World”

The Milestone Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 June 2012

My husband and I love this hotel. We have been staying at The Milestone since 2006 and each time we return, we are welcomed by the wonderful staff who make us feel like family. The rooms are wonderful- each one different and a fun surprise to see which one you get. The staff is amazing- especially Pedro the Butler, who greets you upon arrival at the front door, takes you to your room and brings you your first welcome drink. We love the location because my husband loves to jog in Kensington Park and I love to walk there and watch the people and their dogs. The bar is one of my favorite in the world, as well, and the bartenders there have become our friends and they know our drinks before we even order. The location is perfect and the hospitality is warm and welcoming. Staying at The Milestone at Christmas is a special treat because of the beautiful decorations both insidea and out. Bottom line- I can't wait to go back-- I just wish we didn't have to wait until November.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jerry C
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

I cannot thank you enough for your glowing feedback. I was delighted your comments and that we still meet and even exceed your expecations on each stay. It is the great team I have here that make this hotel so special and I have already passed on your kind words to them. I look forward to seeing you in November.
Kind regards,
Andrew Pike

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Considering the price of this hotel compared to the Hilton, the service was far superior. My room came with a butler and he went the extra mile for me. It is not often i take the time out to comment, but I must recommend this hotel and all its staff highly.

Room Tip: Ask for a butler, it makes your stay so much easier.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank MaggieBailey2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your very kind words. As you pointed out we have a great team of Butlers here and I have passed on your kind words to them. I was glad that we met your expectations during your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2012

this place is definately worth the money. It is in a good location - nice clean reliable hotel. 5 stars

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments for your recent stay. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you felt you received value for money. I have passed on your kind words to the team here at the hotel. Again many thanks for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Yes, the rooms can be small - but they are beautifully decorated, and every possible amenity is a hand - Penthaglion soap, cleanser, lip balm, 400 thread count sheets,and even the unexpected ones -- for example, the writing desk in the room had stapler, tape, etc. The hotel is located right on Kensington Park - and the outside traffic can be a tad loud in the rooms fronting the main road -- but overall the customer service experience is first rate. I tried the restaurant for both breakfast and lunch and was wowed by the quality of the food and the service staff. The quiet conservatory bar and adjacent cozy bar were terrific too - intimate spaces with loads of atmosphere. Check in was so efficient and I never encountered less than two doormen at the front door! The concierge was able to get Wizard of Oz tickets the same day I asked for them -- and they're still a hot commodity in London. There are bigger and splashier hotels in London - but for my taste, there is nothing like the smaller boutique hotel experience. The Milestone is that rare combination of warm, efficient and understated elegance that makes a stay memorable. Close(r) to Sloane Square shopping etc. than the big Mayfair hotels too.

PS - my internet service worked perfectly!

Room Tip: If you want quiet - go for one of the smaller inside rooms - but no view -- there is a great room on...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank J H H
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your wonderful and reviewing The Milestone Hotel

I am delighted that you had such a pleasant Milestone experience and that you found all your needs catered for in the Hotel. It is great to know that our business ready facilities including the Stationary tray, complimentary Wifi which you mentioned worked a treat, are actually appreciated by our guests. I am also happy that you were greeted warmly every day by our two doormen who are always at the ready to assist our guests in any way. Our Concierge do hold the keys to all of London’s secret doors and were happy that you appreciated their ability to pull the rabbit out of the hat on such short notice for you.

I sincerely hope to see you back at The Milestone again soon.

Best wishes

Geoffrey Wild
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 29 May 2012

This hotel had the best service. If I even thought I wanted something, they were right there. The breakfast was amazing. The waffles are a work of art. The staff was friendly and helpful and the high tea was amazing. We stayed in the Safari suite. It was huge and decorated in a whimsical manner. The location is great. The tube station is right down the block and there is tons of shopping and places to eat, not to mention that Kensington Palace is right across the street. Don't miss the sunken garden, a hidden treasure! Loved it!

Room Tip: All the suites are different and they all look awesome. Spacious and tastefully decorated.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank wickedlywhimsy

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for reviewing The Milestone Hotel

It’s such a pleasure to read your wonderful review, especially that you enjoyed the service delivered by our team. I am delighted that you enjoyed your Breakfast and have relayed your comments to Joao our Breakfast Chef who was happy that you enjoyed his waffles. The Safari suite is always a hit and coupled with the spectacular view of Kensington Palace it is one of our most popular suites.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back to The Milestone again soon.

Best wishes