“The best service ever.” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“The best service ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

This hotel had the best service. If I even thought I wanted something, they were right there. The breakfast was amazing. The waffles are a work of art. The staff was friendly and helpful and the high tea was amazing. We stayed in the Safari suite. It was huge and decorated in a whimsical manner. The location is great. The tube station is right down the block and there is tons of shopping and places to eat, not to mention that Kensington Palace is right across the street. Don't miss the sunken garden, a hidden treasure! Loved it!

Room Tip: All the suites are different and they all look awesome. Spacious and tastefully decorated.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank wickedlywhimsy
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2012

Thank you for reviewing The Milestone Hotel

It’s such a pleasure to read your wonderful review, especially that you enjoyed the service delivered by our team. I am delighted that you enjoyed your Breakfast and have relayed your comments to Joao our Breakfast Chef who was happy that you enjoyed his waffles. The Safari suite is always a hit and coupled with the spectacular view of Kensington Palace it is one of our most popular suites.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back to The Milestone again soon.

Best wishes

Deputy General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bedford, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

I am basically confirming the comments made by those reviewers who rate this expensive hotel as merely average.  Our room was very small; we could hardly get past the furnishings and into the bathroom. Indeed, the latter was almost as big as the bedroom.  The staff was ungracious, with the front door being unmanned most evenings we returned from sightseeing.  Although there was staff inside, it was only on the third night of our four night stay that someone acknowledged us.

One of the most annoying things is the poor Internet service. I need to stay in contact with my several businesses through the Internet. Despite being assured of excellent Internet service when we booked, we kept getting bumped off, the signal was weak and the service was slow.

The location of the hotel in Kensington is away from frantic and noisy central London and the area has the feel of a neighborhood.  The bed and bedding were luxurious, the maid service excellent and our room, which overlooked a courtyard, was quiet. However, next time I'm in London I'll stay somewhere else.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Leigh I
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Thank you for letting us have your invaluable feedback following your recent stay with us.
Whilst I am pleased to note that you enjoyed our location, the quality of our furnishings and in particular our housekeeping service I am most concerned to read of your disappointments with our complimentary internet service. We do carry our regular audits on signal strength and connectivity and as a result of your experience will recheck this again and ensure that any necessary remedial action is taken immediately. Please accept my sincere apologies that we fell short in this aspect of your stay. I am even more concerned though to read your review about our team here as the delivery of caring and helpful service and being available to assist our guests at any time is the cornerstone of our service philosophy. Your experience here runs totally against what the vast majority of our guests regularly tell us. We are not in any way complacent about this and where we can do better we surely will so please rest assured that I shall be following your comments up directly with my team. We have a doorman on duty everyday so I am honestly mystified that you were not welcomed at the door each evening when you returned but again will review this with my team. I very much hope that we can yet encourage you to stay with us again so I can put your above concerns to rest.
Kind regards Andrew Pike, Gerenal Manager, Milestone Hotel
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

I booked to have afternoon tea here while my Spanish friend visited with his Japanese girlfriend and was so happy I chose The Milestone. They were both totally blown away by the experience! They thought the setting in the park lounge, sat by the fire, was perfeclty British and couldn't get over how great the food was, nor how much of it there was!

Even my friend, husband and I for who this was not our first afternoon tea thought this was the best we have been to in London so far. It's really relaxed and cosy and the service is excellent, very attentive and they are very willing to bring more of whatever you need. Great selection of teas too. I would suggest booking later on in the day as there is more chance of getting a seat by the fire.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Travelseahorse
Egham, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

I usually stay at the Royal Garden over the road (which I also love), but we had older members of the family who could afford the Milestone.
It was a super experience. We had a family do in central London and were in and out for two days. I can't thank the staff, and particularly the doorman, enough for how smooth they made it for us. My old mother loved it and would love to stay there again. But it would also be amazing for something romantic, like an anniversary.
I adored breakfast in the lovely green dining room, and I thought what a lovely place it would be for a quiet breakfast meeting (again, in contrast to one at the Royal Garden which also has a lovely dining room but is usually busier).
All in all it was a fantastic luxury experience.

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet one. They will do anything for you here.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank UKSapphire
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review of The Milestone Hotel.

I am happy that you managed to stay with us here at The Milestone. It is always good to know how we measure up to the other hotels around us. I am very happy that you enjoyed your breakfast in Cheneston’s and can assure you that you will always find it a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life. My team were very grateful for your appreciation of their service and hope that they can sway you to stay with us in the future too.

I do hope we see you again soon even if only for that Breakfast meeting.

Kindest regards

Eastsound, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

My husband and I recently celebrated our 55th anniversary at The Milestone Hotel in London. It was a return visit - we knew how fabulous the hotel, staff, and amenities would be. But this time, The Milestone staff went above and beyond! When we returned from dinner on our anniversary, our room had been strewn with rose petals, floating candles were everywhere, champagne was chilling in the ice bucket, soft music was playing, and chocolate strawberries were on the desk! What an amazing surprise! Everything about the Milestone is perfect - the most elegant afternoon tea, a scrumptious breakfast buffet, and a concierge and butler who really care, and stand ready to help with even the tiniest request. We love The Milestone, and hope to be back for another memorable visit in the not too distant future!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful, quiet, and welcoming!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AudreyEastsound
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Milestone Hotel.

Firstly congratulations on your 55th wedding anniversary, that is truly a very special Milestone to celebrate. I am delighted that you chose to celebrate such a special day with us. We love surprises here at The Milestone and my team are always ready to delight our guests with small touches that really make your stay special. They were very happy when they read that you enjoyed the romantic turndown during your special night with us. I am happy that you also found our acclaimed Afternoon Tea to your liking and enjoyed our sumptuous Breakfast.

I do hope we see you again soon here at The Milestone.

Kindest regards