“Treat yourself”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Valdosta, Ga usa
“Treat yourself”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Just finished 7 days at the Milestone. What a great taste of English living. The hotel has a limited nuimber of rooms and a large staff that is constantly trying to please you. No request is to small and they take pride in everything they do. You just cannot go wrong by staying there.

Room Tip: get a deluxe king
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Orson W
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Milestone Hotel

I am delighted to read your comment about our teams commitment, they do live by our motto “No request too large no detail too small” and it is great to see that this is noticed and appreciated by our guests. I sincerely hope we see you again in the near future for another wonderful Milestone Experience

Kindest regards

Geoffrey Wild
Deputy General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
dubai
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Were there for a week. The rooms were charming and unique, but you need a suite to be able to move around, so that is what we got. The service is very personal and their afternoon tea the best I ever had. The concierge was very talented when it comes to restaurants but with a hiccup; I wanted them to get us some theater tickets which they actually declined because their agent could not get them. These were not special tickets but this particular show was obviously not on their agents list. That was a let down. They also promised my son a special supprise at the Lion King show which never materialized. Thankfully I never told him so there were no expectations.
The spa looked liked like something from eastern europe 1940 so I never really tried the treatments. The breakfast was really bad with very few options, bad cheese and cereal in children's packages. The eggs, tea and bacon was quite good.
The hotel is great but a London no. 2 is taking it a bit too far..........

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank scheibye
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Milestone following your stay with us in August 2011. I am pleased to note that overall you very much enjoyed your experience with us and most importantly felt that we provided the personal level of service that you should rightly expect from us. Thank you also for the kind comments about our Afternoon Tea.
I am sincerely sorry that we were not able to obtain the theatre tickets that you had requested.
This would not usually be an issue at all unless the request was for a specific date and performance that was already sold out. I am sure that my team would have done their very best here for you. I am especially sorry that we missed an opportunity to arrange a surprise for your son and this is the sort of opportunity that we usually relish.
We regularly update our facilities and work hard to keep everything looking good so I'm sorry to note that you felt our Spa facilities were a little dated.
We recognise that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and to that end have continued to take opportunities to extend the range of items we offer including since you stayed with us additional cereals (lose as well as the packaged cartons which a number of our guests to seem to appreciate). Please rest assured that we will continue to look for additional items that we can incorporate and I hope that you will notice these improvements when you next have the opportunity to stay with us. Kind regards Andrew Pike
Reviewed 6 May 2012

The Milestone Hotel exceeded my expectations. The service is top notch. The decor is breathtaking - my favorite area was the bar, which used to be the stables for this stately mansion. Each room is individually decorated with a distinct personality and when you book your reservation, the team will send you a "preference list" which will ask you for things like your favorite drink, newspaper, type of bedding, favorite colors, etc. I imagine this is how they select rooms for their guests, etc. If you are looking to stay in one of the best properties in London, the Milestone Hotel needs to be on your list. And if the hotel wasn't enough to attract you, how about knowing that Kensington Palace sits literally across the street in Hyde Park? Also a great place for run!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank gndchicago
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for reviewing The Milestone Hotel

It’s wonderful to read that you had such a great time here at The Milestone Hotel. Markus our Head Barman was delighted that you enjoyed your time in Stables Bar; it’s truly one of London’s hidden gems. I am very happy that you enjoyed our wonderful location in front of Kensington Palace and managed to go for a run in the Park. Our individually styled rooms are one of the unique features that make the Milestone such a special hotel.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back to The Milestone Hotel again soon.

Kindest regards

Geoffrey Wild
Deputy General Manager
Nairobi
Reviewed 2 May 2012

The Milestone Hotel is our home away from home while in London. There's something very special about this boutique hotel starting with the location, the warmth of the entire staff, the overall ambience, the decor, the service, the food and above all, the personal touch given on personal requests - this aspect is what I consider to be the hallmark of this cozy hotel. Every request is given the kind of attention that makes one feel spoilt. After trying several 5-star hotels in London, the Milestone Hotel remains the place for us. Looking forward to my next visit this month for the 46th time in 7 years!

Room Tip: I'm a light sleeper therefore I naturally go for quieter rooms. But if by chance I find the onl...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank ZahraNairobi
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
I was absolutely delighted to read your thoughts on your "home from home" in London. I have passed your kind words on to all of the team here. It is through listening and learning from our regular guests, like yourself, that we always try our very best to ensure our service and facilities are always to the highest standard whenever possible.
I look forward to personally welcoming you back to your LOndon home in the very near future.
My kindest regards
Andrew Pike
Nebraska
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Very quiet, clean, upscale, and really cared for us. Made sure we were doing ok - in a polite English way. Meals, music with them, the tea in the afternoon, the frontdesk all made the stay one of our most pleasant and comfortable we have had.

Room Tip: Something on the sides would seem to be the most quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Unclegeo
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to let us know you feedback from your recent stay with us. I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our service and facilities. I was really happy that you got the chance to sample our famous Afternoon Tea. On your next visit to London I do hope that you will return to stay with us.
Kind regards,