US$ 229
US$ 260
US$ 254
  • Pool
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 310/night.

US$ 157
Agoda.com
US$ 812
US$ 719
11,361 results
All reviewscovent gardenwooden shuttersgin palacegreat locationtrafalgar squaresingle roomcharing cross stationwest endlounge barexecutive roomtheatre landcentral locationrooms are smalllondon eyefull englishlondon hotelafternoon tea
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This was my second stay at the Strand Palace and I enjoyed it very much again. Check in was fast and easy although I had to ask for the Palace Pounds that were included with my booking on their website. They no longer put a hold on your credit card for a daily amount if you don't want an account for your room so that was good.

This time I had a room with a proper window that I could look out of so that was much better however the room was smaller. It really was tiny and for 5 nights. I could hear some noise from the other rooms so I do recommend taking ear plugs. Then I needed some extra items to be comfortable so the next day I asked for more pillows and towels etc and they were delivered very fast. The bathrobe is so soft and comfy, I loved it! Don't hesitate to ask for what you need, they are happy to oblige and those extra items I received really made my stay better.

One night I had the 2 course menu at the hotel restaurant The Carvery & Grill and I was very impressed. The food was great, fresh, hot and arrived very fast. Plus the service was just excellent! I can highly recommend The Carvery & Grill, it's much better than the other restaurants close to the hotel that I tried and are the same price. Housekeeping was good, fast and efficient every day. Then the doorman Philip is very friendly and a pleasure to talk to.

The location of the hotel is really perfect for theatres and sightseeing and there are many transport options close to the hotel. The Strand Palace is my choice of hotel for London and I will happily stay there again. See you next time! :)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Patrick B, Manager at Strand Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you for reviewing the Strand Palace Hotel.

I am glad that you were able to see improvements from your last visit; all feedback we receive is passed on and acted upon so I am glad that this was reflected on your most recent stay here.

I look forward to welcoming you back here for a third stay!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The quality of the food was excellent and brillant value. Simply cannot be faulted. However, we had booked online the same day and nobody had checked the computer. We heard a shriek of surprise from the back when our booking was mentioned and nothing was ready. Consequently, we ate 35 minutes late and this caused us a rush for later on. Oversights happen of course, but what happened explains the 3 rating for food which was excellent.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Charona,

Thank you for reviewing our Afternoon Tea.

I am pleased that you were satisfied with with quality of the food. However, it is disappointing to hear that you felt our team were caught a little off guard. I will ensure that this is passed on.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

The hotel is in a great location but it looks very tired and in need of modernisation and refurbishment. I hadn't stayed before but felt very welcome including a room upgrade when I checked in.

The room felt small with two single beds so I did worry that the 'normal' room must be very small indeed. Basics were okay - comfortable bed, bath/shower fine, small desk to work at and a TV but the radiator was broken and there were 2 portable oil filled radiators next to it. The room was cold but did warm fairly quickly when I plugged in the portable radiators to the only power socket in the room. (Early spring time)

There was a window in the room but it was white screen coated so I imagine faced an internal wall or something. It did make the room feel a bit cell-like and a little claustrophobic.

On a positive note, it was quiet and I got a good nights sleep.

Nothing wrong with the place but nothing a refurbishment wouldn't improve.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank AlasdairMacleod

Dear Alasdair,

Thank you for reviewing the Strand Palace Hotel.

We do agree that our Hotel is a little dated and we are in the very process of improving this with a complete Hotel refurbishment. With these works, we are paying particular attention to our rooms enhancing them both aesthetically and physically. We take all feedback from our guests seriously and we do act on this. As part of this project we do have contractors working on the outside of the Hotel; due to this, we have restricted the view for some of our guests to ensure complete privacy.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

First off, this hotel is so centrally located that you quickly forget the size of rooms and the limited amenities of the hotel. My room had no window. It likely had not had an update since 1980. But it was clean. It was quiet and I couldn't loose anything as the room was rather small. But once outside everything that London offers the traveller is within a 2 to 3 tube stop or an easy, stroll. The service staff are excellent and very attentive. So disregard the state of the room and focus on the location.

Room Tip: Enquire at the time of check in what window view your room has. Frosted glass and wooden blinds aren't really a view.....
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for reviewing the Strand Palace Hotel.

I do apologise that you were unhappy with the overall quality of your room; I do hope that once our refurbishment is complete you are able to come back and enjoy the improvements that we have worked hard to make possible.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I imagine the hotel had its peak a few decades ago - and its apparent this time has well passed.

When you enter the front door the reception is quite confusing - the concierge had to point out to us that the reception is on the other side.

I took the option to upgrade to the ‘double’ instead of a ‘single room’ and the room was small but not too small (I stayed in smaller hotels in London, this one I could still open my medium size luggage and I am pretty sure if I travelled with my partner, two suitcases could be opened in the room, though we have to jump over one going to the bed).

There is a window in the room but its painted... white that light could not go through. Why? I dont know and I didnt bother to find out as it was quite late at night. I liked the fact there is a USB plug on the bed frame but the only way to put the phone if we charge using it would be on top of the bed (meaning if I accidentally pull the cable, the phone will fall on top of my head?)

Shower was an epic fail, and I highlighted this to the front desk when I checked out. No matter how i adjusted the shower head the floor is ALWAYS wet. I hate wet floors and end up mopping the floor in the middle of the night using whatever towels I didnt use.

Breakfast can be included or not included near the room - honestly though, there are many places to have breakfast out of the hotel by walking distance, I say just have it there (I did).

OK now the positive. The location is fantastic. Three tube stations are walking distance. The hotel has these vending machines which virtually sell anything (I forgot my travel adapter and bought it from there)

I would say if you visit London (considering hotel price vs distance), almost everywhere is reachable by tube. I say choose a nicer hotel but not-so-central and take a longer tube ride.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank Artistry105

Thank you for reviewing the Strand Palace Hotel.

It is disappointing that you feel our Hotel has 'passed its peak'; we are currently in the process of a complete Hotel refurbishment, so I hope that once completed we are able to change your opinion in this regard.

I am sorry to read you were disappointed with the view from the room during this stay. We are currently in the process of a long-term strategic improvement plan for our Hotel and we are paying a great deal of attention to enhancing the existing rooms, aesthetically, technologically and physically. As part of this project we do have contractors working on the outside of the Hotel; due to this, we have restricted the view for some of our guests to ensure complete privacy. We are doing everything possible to keep disruption to a minimal with works being completed outside of our busiest hours, however I understand this does impact on the view whilst these rooms are in use.