“Not as good”
Review of Rosewood London

Rosewood London
Ranked #22 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 11 December 2017

The rooms nice and comfortable, however very noisy. Could hear upstairs movements (sounded like furniture movement) and door slamming. The food from room service was terrible. Very nice lobby and restaurants. The front of the hotel was very well decorated and impressive, however the courtyard at the front door always crowded with parked cars and drop off cars which made it very difficult to get to the hotel lobby. The hallways to the room very not clean which there were lots of guests staying at the hotel. The receptionists very friendly and super nice.

Room Tip: Very nice large and comfortable rooms
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
MichaelBonsor, Managing Director at Rosewood London, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear 219amireh,
Thank you very much for taking to the time to share your valuable feedback following your visit to Rosewood London. I was disappointed to hear that your experience was less than satisfactory despite the excellent service provided by our reception team. I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to restore your faith in Rosewood London, and I am certain that we will create an entirely flawless experience for you.

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

The Rosewood provides an oasis for tranquility within London. The inner courtyard and bars offer entertainment (great performers) and good food. The Bed linens aren’t quite the Four Seasons thread count but close. My only issue with the hotel is the potential to get ‘Lost’ walking to your room as all the hallways look quite similar and very ‘maze’ like. Still recommend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear Picardnj,
Thank you very much for your positive review following your visit. Rosewood London is truly a tranquil retreat in the heart of the busy capital and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the live music in our vibrant Scarfes Bar and the delicious food in our restaurants. I would also like to sincerely thank you for your valuable feedback and please rest assured that I will address these points with my management team. On a positive note, I am so pleased to hear about your recommendation of Rosewood London and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

A week ago today on the 1st of December,we were getting the train for my Birthday trip to London. We decided to stay again at The Rosewood Hotel as it had always been lovely before. The Building itself is stunning and you feel really special as you arrive into the Courtyard. We stayed there when it was the Renaissance Chancery Court Hotel and a few times since its been The Rosewood. I always believe 9 times out of 10 you get the service and feel good factor back when you treat people the same way and I always do. Yet again I was not let down. Everyone I chatted to was wonderful and friendly and made you feel so welcome. From getting out of the cab to Reception (where we were early but it was o.k) to every time we came back in even late at night you were acknowledged with a cheery smile and hello. There was an exquisite Delicious Birthday treat awaiting me when we checked into our room and Champagne on ice. I shared my treat with hubby (seeing he was paying ) and it was lovely. Nothing was too much trouble. We had the Champagne on the Saturday night when we got in and had asked if the ice bucket could be refilled for when we got in and of course it was. The breakfasts were lovely and the waiters very attentive and we had a lovely chat with one of them at Breakfast the morning we were sadly having to leave. I managed to give Pearl a stroke before we left too! All in all there are other places I would like to stay when we visit London but I always end up choosing The Rosewood because I know I won't be disappointed. Thankyou for making our stay so special.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
MichaelBonsor, Managing Director at Rosewood London, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear PamelaKH59,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am very delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your residence with us and got to create special memories for such a special occasion. I am thrilled to also hear that you enjoyed our amenities we have to offer along with the accommodating service from our associates in hotel. I do hope that we will be welcoming you back to Rosewood London upon your next visit to London.
Warmest regards, Michael Bonsor

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Excellent hotel in great location within walking distance to Oxford Street, St. Paul’s Cathedral, and Borough Market. Both ways within 1 hour —- if you like to walk and see things along the way - which you have to do in London or any other major city — then WALK. Coventry Garden is just 15 minutes or less away from the Hotel. ENJOY.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Christopher L

Dear Christopher L,
Thank you so much for the fantastic review. Rosewood London is indeed conveniently located in central London with easy access to to all the attractions and sites of interest in the capital. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Rosewood London very soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Best hotel me and my family ever stayed at!
The most friendly and welcoming staff we met.
Rosewood delivers in all aspects and the small details make all the difference.
I can warmly recommend everyone I know (and don’t know) to stay here if you looking for a hotel in the category “World Class”!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear David K,
Thank you so much for the lovely review and your recommendation of Rosewood London. It is a great a pleasure to hear that you and your family had such a fantastic experience while in residence with us. I do hope that we will be welcoming you back very soon.