4,860 results
All reviews trafalgar square complimentary mini bar national gallery covent garden nespresso machine bottle of champagne perfect location executive room excellent hotel west end train station london eye special thanks buckingham palace wonderful stay big ben reception staff
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This will be our fourth stay. We will never stay in any other hotel in London. The staff are incredible. Very polite, friendly and professional. Attention to detail is remarkable. The location is perfect for us too. Highly recommended.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Charing X, General Manager at Amba Hotel Charing Cross, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear A4305KYsandraf

Thank you ever so much for having shared this wonderful review on Tripadvisor following our recent stay with us, and rest assured that your kind words regarding our staff and service have been shared and celebrated with the entire team here at Amba Hotel Charing Cross.

I am thrilled to see that your expectations were exceeded on all fronts and that you feel comfortable recommending us and hope to have the pleasure of personally meeting you the next time your travels take you to London.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago and had a bad experience as our mobile phone was stolen after it was left in the room after check-out. Despite informing the hotel within half an hour of discovering this said they were unable to locate it. They 'asked' the relevant staff members if they had seen the phone without any luck despite me sending them numerous screenshots from 'find my iPhone' showing the phone being at the hotel for a period of a couple of hours when it had actually been turned on & off more than once. I'm afraid the hotels means of checking their staff and investigating the theft was completely pointless so think very carefully before booking this hotel as we have absolutely no intention of doing so again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cruiser68081194106
Charing X, General Manager at Amba Hotel Charing Cross, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Cruiser68081194106,

Thank you for your review.

After our internal thorough investigation, our Head of Security contacted you twice to discuss all the details. It would be very important for us if you could contact him back on your best availability.

I eagerly await to hear from you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I really like staying at this hotel. I’ve stayed twice already this year. The location is near several tube stops and there’s shops and restaurants right outside. It’s also walkable to Covent Garden.

Rooms are decent sized and I love the free minibar!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear natalieinpraga,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Amba Hotel Charing Cross every time you visit London and for taking the time to share your wonderful 5 star review.

We are thrilled that you find our rooms spacious and well appointed and that our fantastic central location is convenient for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Please let me know when you are planning your next trip as I would be delighted to oversee the details of your booking.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The room was very nice and well appointed. The bed was large and comfortable, the shower was hot and the pressure was great.

The breakfast buffet was excellent as was a late night dinner in the bar.

Locating the room was a little confusing as the room number started with 14XX but there are only 6 floors to the hotel. It turns out that the room was located in an annex building across a bridge between the annex and main buildings.

Room tip: Ask for a city view, my room overlooked the back of an adjacent building.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Ricksene,

Thank you ever so much for having shared this lovely review following your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to see that you had a lovely experience, and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future; in the meantime, I wish you well.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Have stayed at this hotel several times and it always delivers a great experience. Location cannot be beaten for the theatre district and most are within a short walk. Cannot fault in any way fantastic!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Cosmopolitan813913,

It is a pleasure to read your kind words and wonderful review following your stay with us at Amba Hotel Charing Cross. Thank you for choosing to stay with us again and for taking the time to share your experience.

I am delighted to hear that you receive consistently high levels of service each time you stay with us and that you find our central location perfect for evenings at the theatre.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon. Please let me know when you are planning your next syat as it would be my pleasure to oversee the details of your next reservation.

Kind regards,