4,725 results
All reviews trafalgar square complimentary mini bar national gallery covent garden nespresso machine bottle of champagne perfect location executive room excellent hotel west end special thanks london eye train station buckingham palace every member of staff wonderful stay big ben
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited the restaurant pre theatre, made a reservation that gave us plenty of time, however the service was so very slow, it became a rush to get to the theatre. Not ideal. The food was again up to a good standard but on this visit the service staff seemed to be behind on preparing the restaurant for dinner, as such our experience was tainted.
Having said this, the Charing Cross is still a fine place to enjoy a pre theatre dinner.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin W
Charing X, General Manager at Amba Hotel Charing Cross, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Martin W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our The Terrace Restaurant.

I am thrilled to know how our central location was so convenient for your pre theatre dinner. I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding the speed of the service and I do apologise for the inconvenience caused. We really do appreciate your feedback as it is our best tools for improving our level of service. I am delighted that you highlight the quality of the food.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our restaurant. If you ever decide to stay with us at Amba Hotel Charing Cross, feel free to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to oversee the details of your booking.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First, I have never been so impressed with a hotel staff. We travel quite a bit, I have complimented staff before in reviews, but this staff is a cut above the rest, worldwide. Every single one of them from check-in, to concierge to wait staff are eager, friendly, helpful and watchful as to needs. Danail and Aylin, front desk and concierge stood out but I would like to compliment all. I chose the hotel for location, it was a little more expensive than other 4-stars around it and here is why. Extensive staff, amenities like a gym, a lounge for executive rooms, free mini-bar, Nespresso coffee makers, tea kettle tray with selection of teas and hot chocolate and snacks, super comfortable mattresses and pillows, and several extra pillows, black-out curtains, fast easy wifi, showers with excellent pressure and extremely fast attention to service requests including laundry, and very quiet despite busy location. I also liked the front courtyard/parking area which allowed taxis to pull off and pick up, and as it shares this with Charing Cross station, there are usually plenty (unless it's raining!). Right next door is Charing Cross station, which you cannot hear, with a plethora of shops for sundrys and a boots chemist. It is right on The Strand rd, right next to Trafalger square, shopping, the West End theatres, Convent Garden are all within steps. Oh and there is a starbucks across the road.. We stayed for 3 nights and our daughter arrived for 2 nights for her birthday. The front desk staff remembered I had mentioned it and wished her a Happy Birthday as she checked in, she was amazed and delighted. The concierge printed tickets, advised us on so many things and organised a great minivan for 8 back to Heathrow. We did change from the executive room we were given first night. It was small and not worth the price we paid I thought. We did check in quite late and the hotel was full. We were switched to a larger room the next day, in fact we upgraded to a jr. suite which was not much more and worth it. There are larger and smaller executive rooms and it is worth asking about on check-in. The staff moved our belongings and we were able to go out and enjoy our day. I really can't say enough about this hotel and highly recommend it. Thank you to all the staff for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Sharon L

Dear Sharon L,

What can I say more than thank you! Your lovely words about the Amba Hotel Charing Cross just made my day.

At Amba Charing Cross we consider that is our mission to create that 'home away from home' feeling to all our guests and I am truly happy to know how exceptional my team was delivering this feeling! On behalf of all the team, specially our superstars Danail & Aylin, thank you so much for your words of apreciation.

I truly hope that you feel free to contact me directly when you plan your next visit.
It will be an incredible pleasure to welcome you back in the future and oversee all the details of your next reservation.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The location is super , Bang on the chairing cross station , two tube and one railway next to the hotel. Amba hotel chairing cross is quite comfortable and good rooms . standard double are bit compact. staff is good , it is bit expensive may be due to location. Shopping , food , bars , Trafalgar square, covent garden all are just few step away

Room Tip: standar rooms are too compact
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank aditya k

Dear aditya k,

It gives me an incredible joy to be able to read your lovely words about the Amba Hotel Charing Cross.

Our amazing central location is indeed a great highlight. I delighted to know how much you loved your comfortable room and our amazing and friendly team. Our prices can fluctuate according to the availability of the hotel and this summer was indeed very busy.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back again in the future. When you have decided to return please feel free to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to oversee all of the details of your next booking.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Friendly stuff, 2 tube stations near it ( charing cross,Embankment) . The location is fantastic, walking distance to: London Eye, Big ben, the Backingham Palace, Trafalgar circus , Leicester circus, Piccadilly circus, Oxford and Regent streets, Covent garden and the theaters of Kinky Boots + Lion king. Also gave us cake and Champagne for our Honeymoon.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eran R

Dear Eran R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of the Amba Hotel Charing Cross.

I am delighted that you found our wonderful central location perfect for your stay and that you highlight the friendly service delivered by the team. I am truly happy that my team was able to make your honeymoon more special.

The team and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Please let me know when you are planning another visit and it will be my pleasure to oversee the details of your booking.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very convenient location in close proximity to both the Embankment (Thames River) and Leicester (LHR) lines of the Underground. Very good walking access to many attractions in the area and just a short tube or taxi ride away from others. Our room was spacious and nicely appointed with complimentary Nescafe espresso. Overall, great space and service, in an even better location.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Don N

Dear Don N,

It gives me such incredible joy to be able to read such a wonderful review about us at Amba Hotel Charing Cross.

Thank you for highlighting our amazing location within walking distance of so many public transportation options. It is great to know that was so convenient for you. I am thrilled that you loved your comfortable room and the nice amenities that we offer to our guests.