“Great hotel”

Ranked #388 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 20 April 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at many 5* hotels in London and to honest my room here was just as nice if not better than some 5* rooms that can be a bit pokey for a vast some of money. I had a very nice modern double room, very clean and spacious, comfortable large bed and spotless bathroom. Room was very warm but fine when heating turned down. Great location 20 min walk to Regent Street less to Covent Garden. Staff very pleasant and helpful when I couldn't get into my room, my fault I misread the room number! Great breakfast and pancakes were a treat. Check In and out was quick and easy again very pleasant staff. I would definitely stay here again. I don't know if we were upgraded to an executive room or if this was a standard room (119) but we did get free wifi and use of the executive lounge with our Hilton Gold card.

Stayed April 2012
Sandro G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to send us the great review. Its great to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s central location and our spacious Double Room. I was especially pleased to read your comments about the good service you experienced and your comments about breakfast which we constantly try to improve to provide a great start of the day.

We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Sandro Guadagnini
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2012

The hotel has recently been renovated however I think all the money must have gione on the communal areas of the hotel and the rooms just got a 'touch up'. Lots of problems in the rooms i.e. cold, air con faulty, TV's on the blink, broken blinds, very small beds. Overall very disappointing and would not recommend.
Breakfast was excellent though !

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank craigpatt
We’re sorry we didn’t provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay with us. We apologize for the issues in your room and we’re working with our Maintenance Team to ensure the situation doesn’t happen again. We hope you’ll stay with us again and give us the opportunity to show improvement.

Rotherham
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed one night on 14th April. Excellent value. Staff welcoming. The room was very clean, bathroom spotless with ample towels. A superb breakfast with staff very helpful. For a late booking of £98 for two including breakfast in a central London hotel you could not do any better.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MikeHRotherham
Thank you for your comments. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our buffet breakfast and the hotel’s central location.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

New York
Reviewed 15 April 2012

The location was great, close to the Tube. The prices were so high for everything, including this very small room. Layout was very odd, and when I had questions on how to get some things to work, the front desk staff was not that pleasant about it. The wifi was very expensive - around $40 US/night. If it wasn't for the Hilton concierge room, we would have spent a fortune in breakfast. Although I've heard that small room sizes are the norm in Europe, it took some getting used to for me. But I have to say my favorite part (sarcastic) was the cleaning staff on my floor, who sang at the top of their lungs every morning of my stay starting at 7:00 AM. I think they might have been staying in the room next to me. Their healthy banging on the door for housekeeping was a little disconcerting as well.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
We appreciate your review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London – West End. While I am glad your enjoyed the hotel’s location in the heart of London’s West End, I am sorry to read you were not happy with your guestroom. I am also very sorry that your sleep was disturbed. If you do chose to come back to the hotel, please do let the Front Desk know about any noise disturbances as they occur and the Team will be happy to assist you.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights on a recent business trip. Loved the west end location - very close to Holburn Station - 1.5 block walking distance. Restaurants nearby; as well as local coffee shops in the morning - my favorite, Costa, as well as a Starbucks on the same block. I was saved by the Pizza Express 3 doors down when I arrived after 9:30PM on a Sunday night. It was open and decent pizza - they are all over London and reliably good. The staff was helpful and friendly; the double room was small - barely big enough for the bed, but a comfortable bed was all I needed since I dont tend to spend alot of time in the room anyway. Clean and well equipped with everything you need. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor - you can take the stairs easily; and be slightly above the stree...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank teatravels
Sandro G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton London – West End. I am glad to read that our staff were friendly and you enjoyed your time with us.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.