Marriotts outside of North America tend to be more quirky than the rather staid and standardized designs in the USA and Canada. This one qualify's for certain.
The hallways are a 1970's dream with drop down tile ceilings! Not a good first impression. But look beyond that!
The good to great!
1. An executive lounge that makes you feel special - great breakfast and evening cocktails!
2. A fitness room that is well equipped for the business traveller with a larger than average hotel pool.
3. Rooms that are larger than average for Europe!
4. Great doormen!
The need improvements:
1. Strict division of duties - the concierge does not do checking - even for gold members and with a line at checkin.
2. A hotel restaurant whose name characterizes the food and service - pickled! Never seen a Marriott restaurant so poorly run! Both the service and food were poor.