“An aging gem”

London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch
Ranked #394 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Marriotts outside of North America tend to be more quirky than the rather staid and standardized designs in the USA and Canada. This one qualify's for certain.

The hallways are a 1970's dream with drop down tile ceilings! Not a good first impression. But look beyond that!

The good to great!

1. An executive lounge that makes you feel special - great breakfast and evening cocktails!
2. A fitness room that is well equipped for the business traveller with a larger than average hotel pool.
3. Rooms that are larger than average for Europe!
4. Great doormen!

The need improvements:
1. Strict division of duties - the concierge does not do checking - even for gold members and with a line at checkin.
2. A hotel restaurant whose name characterizes the food and service - pickled! Never seen a Marriott restaurant so poorly run! Both the service and food were poor.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Ross P, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Dear Socrates, thank you for positing a review following your visit to the London Marriott Hotel, Marble Arch. We appreciate you feedback and as we endeavour to continuously improve the facilities and services we provide all our guests. Thank you also for the kind comments in regards the Lounge and the Doormen. We trust that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future to the and the service that you expect at Marriott Hotels. Kind regards, Ross Paton.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Without being too critical
It's not that great a hotel for the price
Rooms are not that big at all. The washrooms are terribly small
If you are a high tier member and have use of the lounge. It's probably the worst lounge. They don't refill anything. It's not user friendly at all.
If your planning to go for breakfast plan ahead as the lift's take at least 10 minutes
The only positive is it's close to Marble Arch, walking distance to Oxford Street
There are better alternatives

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Ross P, Manager at London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Dear Anil P, thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to the London Marriott Hotel, Marble Arch. We very much appreciate your comments and feedback as this allows me to review all the services and facilities we provide our guests and where necessary action any necessary changes. I do trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the London Marriott Hotel, Marble Arch in the very near future. If I could ask that you contact me prior to you next visit and I will personally oversee your arrangements. Kind regards and best wishes. Ross Paton, General Manager

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Walkable from Marble Acrh station but a little far (if you know how to take bus it would be easier). The Main Street facing the hotel is full of Arabic restaurants and customers are smoking water pipes all day. Elevator needs refurbishment. Lounge is way too small and is always crowded. Gold Elite but no upgrade (unfortunately) stuck in a tiny room. Breakfast restaurant on the ground floor was excellent. Nice selection and good service.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank bijou2006

Dear Bijou2006, thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to the London Marriott Hotel, Marble Arch. We very much appreciate your kind comments and feedback as this allows me to review all the services and facilities we provide our guests and where necessary action any necessary changes. I do trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the London Marriott Hotel, Marble Arch in the very near future. Kind regards and best wishes. Ross Paton, General Manager.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Having read the reviews on TripAdvisor, I have to say I was a little anxious about our stay here. It turns out, they were mostly unfounded. I stayed here for a couple of nights with my parents and the room was well furnished and roomy (especially by European standards), the executive lounge had good offerings, and the service was impeccable. Having just transferred hotels from the Grosvenor House on Park Lane, I didn't have high expectations but our stay was actually pretty good! They were able to provide us an early check-in which was very helpful, and the front desk and bellboys/doorman were very kind and eager to assist. I've noticed a lot of reviews that comment that this hotel is in a Middle Eastern neighborhood...yes, this is true, and there are several restaurants and hookah bars in the area. If this makes you uncomfortable enough to avoid the hotel or write a negative review, I think that's silly, but that's just my opinion. We found it to be a convenient location (short walk to the Marble Arch underground and buses) as well as with several restaurants and pubs in the area. We were starving and opted to have a meal at the Pickled Hen (the hotel restaurant) and we were pleasantly surprised! The food was actually quite delicious and service was great.

Overall, I would stay here again especially at the price point we were able to get this hotel at. My only (minor) complaint was that we had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door and they came in to leave a package on our bed. I would have preferred they held on to it at the front desk until we were back at hotel, but again, this was minor!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank TLJ87
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Visited while in London for an evening function close by. The hotel is just off Edgware Rd, so close to Marble Arch. It is a 10 min walk from Paddington station.

It looks like it has been recently refurbished and I liked the feel of the bar.

Rooms are well presented, and while small compared to US hotels where I do most of my travelling it was perfectly adequate.

Door staff were very friendly and attentive.

My colleagues came back to the bar after the event and they were all impressed, so a good meeting venue too.

Not cheap, but where is in central London, and I'd say it was good value.

Only giving a 4 due to room size and clunky check in process, but I'd certainly stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business