I often stay in this hotel. I do so as I like the ambience and the doormen are absolutely charming. Ever so often management really drops the ball. Both mornings breakfast was disappointing. It seems they are incapable of replenishing empty dishes. The dishes would be empty or virtually so(lacks a helping) and it seems the person in charge just does not care.
This morning, the second morning, I was in a hurry and complained to the duty manager as I could not wait for them to replenish and thus missed half the breakfast. On my retutrn she presented me with a voucher to make up for the performance of the morning which I greatfully accepted. When I got to my room 14h30) they had forgotten to clean my room- on me advising them of the problem it was hurriedly done. The cherry, however, on the cake was that when I attempted to pay for my first drink with the voucher I was told that it was only good for housewine or a soft drink. I returned the voucher.
This is such a comfortable hotel and great location--pity they do not train or manage staff with the necessary application.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel is a beautifully renovated Victorian London townhouse, located in the heart of fashionable South Kensington. The Bailey's Hotel London combines style and character, and is one of the most traditional and popular hotels in the area. The hotel has completed refurbishment of all guest rooms in October 2015. Quintessentially English in décor and style, the rooms have been designed with the comfort of our guests in mind, and combine unique features and furnishings with modern amenities. The interior of the hotel is extremely elegant and retains many of its original features, with its sweeping staircase, stained glass windows and intricate stonework. Situated opposite Gloucester Road underground station, this hotel offers access to many transport links and is perfectly positioned for guests visiting many of the British capital's most popular attractions. These places of interest include Hyde Park, the Royal Albert Hall, Kensington Palace and the Victoria and the Victoria& Albert Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Bailey's Hotel London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Baileys London
- Hotel Millennium Baileys
- Bailey's London
- Millennium London
- Millennium Bailey Hotel London