“Weak Management”

The Bailey's Hotel London
Ranked #140 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 November 2017

I often stay in this hotel. I do so as I like the ambience and the doormen are absolutely charming. Ever so often management really drops the ball. Both mornings breakfast was disappointing. It seems they are incapable of replenishing empty dishes. The dishes would be empty or virtually so(lacks a helping) and it seems the person in charge just does not care.
This morning, the second morning, I was in a hurry and complained to the duty manager as I could not wait for them to replenish and thus missed half the breakfast. On my retutrn she presented me with a voucher to make up for the performance of the morning which I greatfully accepted. When I got to my room 14h30) they had forgotten to clean my room- on me advising them of the problem it was hurriedly done. The cherry, however, on the cake was that when I attempted to pay for my first drink with the voucher I was told that it was only good for housewine or a soft drink. I returned the voucher.
This is such a comfortable hotel and great location--pity they do not train or manage staff with the necessary application.

Room Tip: If you sleep with open windows ask for room without traffic outside
Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Willempretorius
Cipriano S, Manager at The Bailey's Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear Willempretorius,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is a valuable tool to help us improve our service as well as your stay experience. I am sorry to hear it was such a disappointing stay, this is obviously not the level of service that we strive for or that we are known for. We very much appreciate your loyalty to The Bailey's Hotel London, which is indeed a beautiful property as well as your kind comments regarding our Concierge Team. Creating the most memorable stay possible for all of our guests is a top priority for our team members and I am truly sorry to hear we missed the mark on your recent visit. We hope to be able to welcome you back on a future trip to London so that we may show you a true Bailey's experience.

Best regards,

Reviewed 24 November 2017

My fiancée and I stayed at the Bailey hotel for 4 nights in London in November and it was super easy for us to find the hotel since it is literally right across the Gloucester station. This station has connections to 3 lines on the tube which was convenient to get to and from Airport (only one line) and also to get into Picadilly Circus and nearby tourist attractions like Buckingham palace. The hotel is older but essentials have been renovated like the bathroom. Showers were warm and water pressure strong, beds were also quite big eventhough they are a twin. WIFI was strong, TV had good channels if you can't sleep with jetlag. Checkin was easy and staff were friendly and mostly left us alone which we liked. There is a Burger king/KFC, Pharmacy and flower shop near by. Also a English pub right across the street where you may find a more casual atmostphere and some authentic English pub food.

Room Tip: choose higher floor to avoid traffic noise
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cc1187

Dear cc1187,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am thrilled to hear our team was able to make you and your fiancée feel so welcome. Creating a memorable stay is a top priority for Team Bailey's. Whatever the reason you are traveling, business or pleasure, we sincerely appreciate you choosing The Bailey's Hotel London and hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 November 2017

Comfortable, clean rooms, pleasantly decorated and friendly staff. We only stayed for one night but enjoyed it so much we would absolutely return on future weekend trips to London. Morning breakfast was lovely.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with MillenniumHotels.com
1  Thank Alexandra H

Dear Alexandra H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! It is a pleasure to read that you would happily recommend our hotel without hesitation. We are delighted that our location, rooms and friendly professional staff met your expectations. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to The Bailey's Hotel London. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Located across the road from Gloucester Road Tube. A fabulous location and transport links for Olympia. The hotel foyer was lovely. Check in was effortless, we were given a complimentary drink voucher. A very nice touch. Rooms were extremely clean, good quality furnishings and a luxurious ambience. Toiletries were a good quality. Breakfast was lovely and good value. A special mention for Gary, who made our mornings with his happy disposition, friendly chat and humor. The red bowler hat was something to note and very distinguishing. I would highly recommend this hotel and will be a returning customer.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank natashag875

Dear Natashag875,

We can’t thank you enough for taking the time to write such a detailed review. It really is such a valuable tool for us. I am thrilled to hear we were able to, not only meet your expectations but hopefully exceed them. Your very kind comments have been shared with Gary as well as our whole team.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Got back to the hotel yesterday evening to be told that the bar will be closing at 11:45 and the coffee machine was switched off. We paid over £200 a night! Here’s an idea don’t close the bar early for your guests and don’t turn the coffee machine off!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Martinsueb2015,

Thank you for your candid feedback. We would welcome the opportunity to further discuss your experience and how we may be able to reaffirm your faith in our hotel. I will send you a private message through the TripAdvior message board.

Best regards,