“Amazing location in London”

Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge
Ranked #380 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Rooms are quite small (but then, as most Central London rooms). They are a bit over priced- especially in the summer; but it is in a great location- close to the Knightsbridge underground as well as Harvey Nicks, Harrods & the HTB church on Brompton Road- in addition to some amazing shops, restaurants & cafes. Very friendly people & a great team of staff. I've stayed there every couple of months for the last 7 years (for business as well as breaks) & they always go out of their way to make me feel at home!

Room Tip: Be sure to spend an evening at Tangerine Cafe on the lobby! A very nice chilled cafe/bar
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Kate_KNI, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Your comments are very much appreciated and I have shared them with my team. I very much look forward to your return visit to the Millennium Knightsbridge.

Kind regards

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I arrived from France via Eurostar. After connecting with the tube to Knightsbridge, it was a VERY pleasant short walk with bags to the hotel. The hotel is indeed truly in the heart of the most exclusive shopping anywhere. But for me the access to the tube and being able to walk to some great museums is even a better perk. There are a few great, inexpensive restaurants nearby and for those desperate even a McDonalds. I would suggest the food courts in Harrods at least one night. The room was very comfortable and the towels fantastic! I could see the lit outline of Harrods at night. And to get away from the hustle and bustle of the crowds, Hyde Park nearby is beautiful. I met a former riding instructor of Princess Di at her memorial. He and his family and I had a wonderful chat and it added a special moment for me. Additionally, walking the neighborhood, even randomly, is fantastic. The local architecture is beautiful, the parks amazing, and car watching is better than Monaco! Every exotic car imaginable. The tube is so close, and with a pass, exploring London is quite easy. Lastly, the hotel, food, staff, and price made for a pleasant holiday.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Kate_KNI, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

I am delighted to read your review and that you not only enjoyed your stay with us at the Millennium Knightsbridge, but also the local area in which we are situated. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

i had to get away from my flat for a few days due to reconstruction and I work in Harvey Nichols so I thought it would be a splendid idea to stay in the Millennium right across the way- but this place was so over priced. The rooms were so small. The food was so bad. And the service was terrible- I definitely would not recommend it unless all you want to do in London is shop- except you would have no where to put your bags.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Elizabeth R

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your comments with us. I am sorry to read that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction; please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your experience.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Thorughly enjoyed our Easter break at the Millenium. Everything went smoothly, the room was clean and well service. The location of the hotel is fantastic for Knightsbridge Barracks, Harrods, Harvey Nicks and all the big museums - oh! and the McLaren showroom!

Room Tip: Check to see if you can get an upgrade!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Millennium Knightsbridge in the near future.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We booked this hotel through go-today.com (in retrospect, could have done MUCH better through expedia for the same package, but, live and learn). It was right around the corner from Harrods on Sloane Street. Similar to 5th avenue in NYC, but much, much shorter, with much smaller buildings. The hotel lobby is fine. We arrived at 7:00 a.m. following an overnight flight from OKC and were a bit jet lagged. The front desk staff was nice enough to allow us an extremely early check in. The room was small as expected, but, manageable. (about 120 square feet). We had drinks in the lobby bar almost every afternoon and the service was great. Prices, as with everywhere in London, are high (eg: two coronas = $30.00, two glasses of champagne - $60.00). Room service was fast and efficient. The hotel has an underground stop very close, which will get you anywhere within minutes. There are not a lot of dining options near the hotel, but, there is a grocery store across the street from harrods to pick up some stuff to go or keep in the room. All of the staff we encountered in this hotel were pleasant and efficient. The only reason I would not stay here again is due to the fact it is so quiet. I would've preferred to stay in Soho or the west end. If you want quiet neighborhood shopping, then this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are appox. 120 square feet. Try to get an upgrade.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Kate_KNI, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thank you for staying with us and writing your review. Whilst I appreciate the location was not as you required, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the service you received whilst with us and I have shared this with my team. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.