2,002 results
All reviews club room lancaster gate heathrow express afternoon tea sister hotel special thanks small room a lovely stay an upgrade business trip single room oxford street short stay min walk london hotel tube station paddington
Reviewed 18 October 2018

The rooms are everything else than 'grand' but actually very small. Admittedly it is an old building and there might be bigger rooms available but we ended up with two very small rooms. They were clean and functional though. Unfortunately the staff messed up our booking which consisted of one room for 2 nights and one room for 1 night by insisting first that our booking was only for one room for 2 nights when the second party tried to check in shortly after midnight. Then the check-in staff provided us the room key to a room which was already occupied by someone else. It was rather embarrassing walking into the room with the bed already occupied. When mentioning the incident upon check-out in the morning, the manager on duty, who was actually the one who checked the second party in after midnight by allocating a room which was already occupied, was rather arrogant and unapologetic. It did not necessarily leave the best impression for any future stay.

1  Thank Globetrotting_Bebbi
Reviewed 17 October 2018

I stayed in the 'executive rooms' across the street for a couple of days. Rooms are pretty small, but tick the boxes. The big negative is the quality of service. In the bar almost non-existent and if there is staff they are focused on outside customers coming for high-tea. Internet fell down for a bit, which is awkward being there for business, but no qualified assistance/follow-up was offered besides the 'call us back in an hour'. By far the worst experience was the taxi service arranged by the hotel to bring me to Gatwick Airport. A haggling driver who spent half of the trip trying to get me to pay cash instead with card and the other half of the trip in a bad mood. Emails to the hotel asking for a copy of my lost receipt for the ride are so far unanswered. In short; brick and mortar up to par, service level isn't. Would not recommend this hotel for business travelers.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Vinayak G, General Manager at Park Grand Paddington Court, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2018

Dear Pieter B,

I am very sorry to see your experience with us was not the best. Thank you for all you feedback. We have taken your comments on board especially about the taxi services and necessary measures have been taken to avoid such situations. Please do allow us the opportunity to amend you thoughts about our hotel and services. We do have several other larger rooms, and it will my pleasure to personally ensure you have a pleasant experience throughout.

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

The room is very clean and the staff is really helpfu. Special thanks to Adonia and Olha who helped me with everything. The location is perfect because is close to underground station and the Hyde park and train station as well. There are many shops and restaurants in the area so it's really good for walking around.
Next time I will come here for sure.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Vinayak G, General Manager at Park Grand Paddington Court, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2018

Dear Musk C,

On behalf of Adonia and Olha, thank you very much for taking the time to share you feedback following your recent stay. I am indeed pleased to see you had a perfect experience with us - the location, the room and most of all the service provided by the staff. I am thrilled to see our service and accommodation has left you with a lasting positive impression. It would be our pleasure to have you back with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you need any assistance for your future booking with us.

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Took 30 mins to check in. Staff look lost. Rooms being double allocated and new guest walking into occupied rooms. No chains on doors to stop them. Don’t feel safe. The room smells terrible. Really think twice.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank FreddieWilmaBarney

Dear Donnaorman,

I am so very sorry to hear about your experience. Had we the slightest idea of your discomfort during your stay with us, we would have most certainly assisted you with all your queries. I hope we have the opportunity to wecloming you once again to the Park Grand Paddington Court, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on your next visit, I will personally ensure you have a smooth experience with us.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

Unfortunately we booked to stay here for 3 nights. On check in, after a 30 minute wait at reception, we were directed to a room that was tiny, filthy and the smell of cigarette smoke was so strong I had to use my inhaler. After bringing this to receptions attention they tried to find another room, at which time we were taken to a basement room with another couple in there, lying on the bed. We were then left whilst an empty room was found, which actually turned out to be the smallest room yet, which we had heard another customer previously complain about and leave the hotel.
As a last chance effort before we checked out ourselves, we were shown a room in a different building. We accepted this room as by now it was midnight, and it appeared to be much bigger and cleaner. Only to find later the toilet was left with festering excrement (photo attached) from a previous guest.
I am absolutely disgusted by the whole episode and it completely ruined our stay.
Having emailed our concerns to the hotel, there was no reply and we were told at check in we would not get our money back if we checked out. On top of all of the above, we were locked out of our room as the door locking system would not work, and had to ask at reception every time we wanted to get back into our room and outside our room constantly smelt of sewage.
Hotels.com kindly attempted to contact the hotel for a refund, who sadly refused. An absolute shambles from start to finish, completely ruined our trip.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple